Profile for J. D. Cohen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. D. Cohen RSS Feed (Boston, MA)

Cosby: His Life and Times
Cosby: His Life and Times
by Mark Whitaker
Price: $22.22
156 used & new from $0.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Hack job. Mark Whitaker is a shill and a ..., December 5, 2014
Hack job. Mark Whitaker is a shill and a disgrace as a journalist. This should be a lesson to anyone reading a celebrity "biography". The only purpose of this kind of trash is marketing an publicity.

Stockholm
Stockholm
Price: $9.49
71 used & new from $4.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovin' it. Get it., November 25, 2014
This review is from: Stockholm (Audio CD)
I recently stumbled on this release while listening to the Rock and Roll Geek podcast. I have never been a big Pretenders fan but I like Hynes voice and this new work finds her in top form. All the songs are great and the addition of Neil Young is a perfect compliment. A really nice surprise addition to my music collection. Highly recommend especially if you are already a fan of Hynde.

Craig Handy & 2nd Line Smith
Craig Handy & 2nd Line Smith
Price: $11.96
45 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic. Great New Orleans style with plenty of Hammond ..., October 25, 2014
Fantastic. Great New Orleans style with plenty of Hammond B-3 organ and wonderful jams. The guitar work is also exceptional. Nothing ground breaking, just good solid jazz with a feel good vibe. Highly recommended.

Live Phish Vol. 14: 10/31/95, Rosemont Horizon, Rosemont, Illinois
Live Phish Vol. 14: 10/31/95, Rosemont Horizon, Rosemont, Illinois
10 used & new from $50.82

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, December 7, 2010
I can't believe how bad this is and people actually like this. Some of the Phish songs are ok but the Who covers are really, really bad. It may be a grand joke and all in good fun but musically it's horrible in almost every way. I'm really sorry I wasted my money on this. If you want something far better try the recent and fantastic 10/31/2010.

Rules
Rules
Price: $12.80
47 used & new from $0.75

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Group!, August 7, 2007
This review is from: Rules (Audio CD)
Yes, they sound a lot like ACDC but in a good, a very good way. I love ACDC and Rules is just as good or better than a lot of what ACDC has done. The only problem with this band is the stupid name. The songs are great and the whole CD rocks. If you like no frills, straight ahead, down and dirty rock n' roll get this CD. Althouth their self titled disc is more popular and easier to find Rules is far better.

Live at the Middle Earth
Live at the Middle Earth
Price: $19.04
7 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Pleasant Surprise, August 7, 2007
I recently went to see a show at the Middle East in Cambridge, MA and I just happened to catch the end of Driftwood Citizens set while on my way out. They blew me away and were much better than the much hyped band I went to see. I liked the band so much I picked up the CD at the show and was not disappointed.Check these guys out live if you get a chance. They are smoking.If you like jazzy, funky jams you will thoroughly enjoy these guys. Very Good stuff.