Profile for J. Anderson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 102

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Anderson RSS Feed (Austin, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
ZyXEL Fanless 8 Port GbE 70w PoE+ L2 Web Managed Desktop Switch(GS1900-8HP)
ZyXEL Fanless 8 Port GbE 70w PoE+ L2 Web Managed Desktop Switch(GS1900-8HP)
Price: Click here to see our price
47 used & new from $127.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Pain to set up but good performer once up and running, November 8, 2014
It's hard to find a POE, Gigabit, Managed switch with Link Aggregation for this price point. But for my home use, I couldn't justify spending 2-3 times as much. Through some trial and error, i figured it out. Hopefully the below points will help you set it up more easily:

1) Factory IP address is 192.168.1.1, which just happens to be the default IP address for nearly all home/smb routers. So immediately, you'll have an IP conflict and won't be able to access the management tool. My solution was to change my router IP address to 192.168.1.2 temporarily, then go in and configure ZyXel switch at 192.168.1.1. I then changed ZyXel IP address to 192.168.1.5 (or any other unused one) and make sure DHCP is disabled on switch. I did notice that with the power disconnected, it seemed to reset back to 192.168.1.1 so be aware of that and plug into the spot you plan on using it. I then changed my router back to 192.168.1.1 as other equipment looks for it there.

2) Direct-connect to my desktop and two other laptops (essentially bypassing router to get to 192.168.1.1) did not work for me, though others seemed to have luck with that approach.

3) The LAG and POE functions are pretty straightforward to set up, even for a relative novice like me. For Synology NAS LAG, for example, make sure you have LACP enabled.

BikeConsole Galaxy S4 Waterproof Shock-Protected Bicycle Holder Mount
BikeConsole Galaxy S4 Waterproof Shock-Protected Bicycle Holder Mount
Offered by Bike2Power
Price: $39.95
3 used & new from $31.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed and thought out, May 13, 2014
Overall I'm very happy with this mount and feel it will meet 80% of cyclists' needs when coupled with the right App.

Mr. Longarm 3001 PAR Flood Bulb Changer
Mr. Longarm 3001 PAR Flood Bulb Changer
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $9.90
21 used & new from $7.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great and Well-Thought Out Design, February 28, 2014
For years I used one of the big box suction cups with a pull string. It worked okay but the suction cup had a tendency to warp over time and need to be replaced. This changer is made of a thicker rubber and I expect it to last longer. It also has a very smart design where no string is required, simply pulling down released the suction. Before changing a bulb high up, you should practice to make sure you know how much pressure is required and get a feel for when suction is obtained. For my two 20 foot high bulbs, it worked great.

(Pack of 2, Warm White)Sunthin 5w GU10 Led Bulb, 50w Equivalent, Recessed Lighting, GU10 LED, LED spotlight, 360lm, 45°

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean, Bright Light, February 20, 2014
Used for an Ikea floor reading lamp for my daughter. This light had higher output and a warmer hue than the IKEA LED bulbs, for the same price. It was packaged well and works great so far.

Car Charger, Spigen® [USB Port] Car Charger [Kuel P12Q/C] USB Port Compact Car Charger *2A Output* for Smart Devices - Compatible with All Apple & Android Devices - iPhone 6 & Plus, iPad Mini 3, iPad Air 2, Galaxy Note 4, Nexus 6 and more - Kuel P12Q/C (SGP08336)
Offered by Spigen Inc
Price: $19.99
5 used & new from $14.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Slick, fast charger, September 26, 2013
I really like this charger because when I'm on the go, I don't have 3-4 hours to charge my phone. This 2 amp charger quickly juices up my devices. It also looks good, barely protruding out from the plug. I do wish they made a version with a USB cord included (I guess two versions, one for micro usb devices and one for Apple). Because while the charger itself is sleekly designed, it's hard to find a similar USB cord, particularly a coiled one that's low profile. All in all though, the best car charger I have used to date.

Galaxy S4 Case, Spigen Slim Armor Case for Galaxy S4 - Retail Packaging - White (SGP10204)
Offered by Spigen Inc
Price: $20.99
3 used & new from $18.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it a lot but first shipment had small defect, September 26, 2013
I wanted a case for my S4 that complimented rather than took away from it. Hard to do and stay slim and I never like the jelly/tpu type cases. This one looks sleek in and of its own right. It's very slim, but feels sturdy and I believe it would protect both the body and screen in the event of a drop. I did have a minor gripe with my first case, as the front didn't quite want to cover the chrome ring surrounding the glass. But they sent a replacement unit right away and it worked perfectly well. Taking on/off is easy too.

Girl from the North Country
Girl from the North Country
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Has been one of my all-time favorites for a long time; just wanted to upgrade to a higher fidelity MP3, September 18, 2013
Has been one of my all-time favorites for a long time; just wanted to upgrade to a higher fidelity MP3. This version sounds great.

Stinger Bug Zapper Racket
Stinger Bug Zapper Racket
Price: $12.97
5 used & new from $6.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Weapon in the Man vs. Mosquito War, August 17, 2013
Living in Texas where the mosquitoes loom large during the warmer months (okay, pretty much all year), we deal with the little critters and many others. When they inevitably get into the house with the dog or a family member going through the door, we have to have a way to kill them quickly. This zapper does the job well and with good coordination kills the mosquito in one zap and swing. It also works for flies, gnats, and the like, but you have to be fast as those insects move quicker. It's not a single solution for mosquitoes but is very effective for what it is intended for, reasonably priced, and well built.

Bluecell Black 7 Inch Neoprene sleeve/bag for Kindle Touch 3G Fire Keyboard 3G
Bluecell Black 7 Inch Neoprene sleeve/bag for Kindle Touch 3G Fire Keyboard 3G

4.0 out of 5 stars Use for Asus Nexus 7, August 9, 2013
One problem with buying non-Apple products is the accessories always take a few weeks to hit the market en mass. So while I'm waiting for my 2013 Nexus 7 fitted cover to arrive, I needed something to protect it while traveling. I took a chance on this inexpensive neoprene cover intended for the Kindles. It fits the Nexus 7 fine, if a bit snug. So I wouldn't recommend it for everyday use, popping in and out several times a day in my case. But when it's time to move/travel, it's a good and cheap option.

DEWALT DW3106P5D60I Series 20 10-Inch 60T Fine Finish Saw Blade, 2-Pack
DEWALT DW3106P5D60I Series 20 10-Inch 60T Fine Finish Saw Blade, 2-Pack
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for quality blades, July 28, 2013
I bought this two pack for less than I would have paid for one Diablo or similar blade at the big box stores. Used both for a solid bamboo flooring job. It was my first time doing flooring or using a table saw, so I know it wasn't my technique. But in ripping floorboards I had absolutely no splintering, just nice smooth cuts. I can't speak to longevity but compressed bamboo is hard stuff and I didn't see any deterioration in performance over 300 SF.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11