Profile for J. Anderson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 124

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Anderson RSS Feed (Austin, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Vichy Normaderm Total Mat Anti-Shine Mattifier , 30 ml
Vichy Normaderm Total Mat Anti-Shine Mattifier , 30 ml
Price: $27.34
15 used & new from $18.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Smells good, good value, doesn't work at all., May 10, 2015
Smells good and is a better price per ounce/ML than other brands. That's where the good stops. Unfortunately this product did nothing for me at all, and I've owned two other mattifiers that worked well. I actually think this made my skin shinier than nothing at all.

Moccamaster CDGT 10-Cup Coffee Brewer with Thermal Carafe, Polished Silver
Moccamaster CDGT 10-Cup Coffee Brewer with Thermal Carafe, Polished Silver
Offered by Roastmasters Coffee Brewer Store
Price: $319.00
3 used & new from $255.90

5.0 out of 5 stars 18 Months In: The best, and I've tried quite a few, May 6, 2015
I've had a Braun, Mr. Coffee Optimal, Bunn, and the Bonavita. The Braun was nicely designed but pretty much always made mediocre coffee no matter how many variables I changed. The Mr Coffee Optimal actually made good coffee if carefully measured, but 2 of 2 units ended up leaking so I returned. The Bunn was a step up in coffee from the Braun but never wowed me with the results. The Bonavita was defintely the runner up, but it's glass lined carafe broke twice on me (once I take the blame for but the other was random). It made very good coffee.

The Tehnivorm hands down makes the best coffee consistently. I started by measuring grounds using a digital scale and gradually loosened my regime. The results are consistent unless one gets the grounds to water ratio way off. It makes coffee that bests local cafes. It's beautifully designed and well made. The one complaint I have is there is a carafe disc that just sort of slips under the coffee maker. I've had houseguests that allow it to move slightly, and that can cause overflow issues. I solved by taping it in place (out of sight on bottom).

It's a big investment but when I think about how much I've spent on lessor quality units over the years, I believe it is a good purchase. I'm 18 months in and still loving it.

Nitecore EC11 900 Lumens Brightest Mini Cree XM-L2 U2 LED Flashlight with a Lumen Tactical Keychain Light
Price: $59.90
2 used & new from $59.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design and amazing output for such a small flashlight, April 27, 2015
I have a half dozen powerful LED lights from the likes of Fenix, LED Lenser, and others. I have never purchased a single cell (1 CR123 or 1 18350) flashlight in the past since they typically gave up too much light and time for the diminutive size. When I saw the EC11 come out, I was surprised that they could get that much light out of such a small package. It is just slightly longer and thicker than my thumb. It's a true EDC flashlight that you can throw in your pocket and barely know it is there. And with the reduced length, you won't have any discomfort when sitting.

It has an impressive interface that is fairly easy to grasp. I like the rapid access to the lowest, highest, and strobe settings, all without cycling through options. The red LED is a bonus that I've never had and while I probably won't use it myself, it's a cool feature that doesn't interfere with every day use (it is not part of mode cycles). As far as output, it's impressive and easily on par with my Fenix PD35 (850 lumen) 2 cell light. Simply put, for something this small that can always be on person, it is all the power I need.

The voltage checker comes on automatically when you open the battery compartment so it is easy to see how much juice you have or if you're putting in a battery you're not sure of. I use the Nitecore 18350s in it with a Nitecore charger. Without rechargeable batteries, I probably would have thought twice as the battery life at the most common setting (high/300 lumens) is only 90 minutes and less with occasional turbo (900 lumen) use. But I've not invested in rechargeables and now just recharge from time to time so I always have a fairly strong battery (no need to wait until it is dead to avoid landfill or $ waste).

Nitecore EC11 900 Lumens Brightest Mini Cree XM-L2 U2 LED Flashlight with Nitecore Rechargeable IMR 18350 battery, UM10 charger, and a Lumen Tactical Keychain Light
Price: $64.90
2 used & new from $64.90

Nitecore EC11 900 Lumens Brightest Mini Cree XM-L2 U2 LED Flashlight with Nitecore Rechargeable IMR 18350 battery and a Lumen Tactical Keychain Light
Price: $59.90
2 used & new from $59.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design, amazing output for such a small flashlight, April 27, 2015

Nitecore EC11 900 Lumens Brightest Mini Cree XM-L2 U2 LED Flashlight with 2x Nitecore Rechargeable IMR 18350 batteries, UM20 charger, and a Lumen Tactical Keychain Light
Price: $69.95
2 used & new from $69.95

5.0 out of 5 stars It has an impressive interface that is fairly easy to grasp, April 27, 2015

Bundle:Nitecore EC11 LED Flashlight CREE XM-L2 U2 900 Lumens 207Yards 190Meters Beam Distance 20Hours Runtime Mini Portable Torch Waterproof Compact Searchlight By IMR18350 Battery with EASTSHINE EB182 Battery Box
Offered by EASTSHINE
Price: $109.95
2 used & new from $59.90

I have a half dozen powerful LED lights from the likes of Fenix, LED Lenser, and others. I have never purchased a single cell (1 CR123 or 1 18350) flashlight in the past since they typically gave up too much light and time for the diminutive size. When I saw the EC11 come out, I was surprised that they could get that much light out of such a small package. It is just slightly longer and thicker than my thumb. It is a true EDC flashlight that you can throw in your pocket and barely know it is there. And with the reduced length, you won't have any discomfort when sitting.

It has an impressive interface that is fairly easy to grasp. I like the rapid access to the lowest, highest, and strobe settings, all without cycling through options. The red LED is a bonus that I've never had and while I probably won't use it myself, it's a cool feature that doesn't interfere with every day use (it's not part of mode cycles). As far as output, it's impressive and easily on par with my Fenix PD35 (850 lumen) 2 cell light. Simply put, for something this small that can always be on person, it's all the power I need.

The voltage checker comes on automatically when you open the battery compartment so it's easy to see how much juice you have or if you're putting in a battery you're not sure of. I use the Nitecore 18350s in it with a Nitecore charger. Without rechargeable batteries, I probably would have thought twice as the battery life at the most common setting (high/300 lumens) is only 90 minutes and less with occasional turbo (900 lumen) use. But I've not invested in rechargeables and now just recharge from time to time so I always have a fairly strong battery (no need to wait until it's dead to avoid landfill or $ waste).

AR North America Telescoping Lance
AR North America Telescoping Lance
Price: $110.00
4 used & new from $110.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Gutter cleaning champion, March 21, 2015
Used to clean out 20 years of build up on 2nd story gutters. Works great though I'd recommend getting 180 degree hook style attachment to keep pressure in the right spot. Good build quality and reasonable weight.

Monoprice 8 Inch Kevlar 3-Way High Power In-Wall Speaker (Pair) - 100W Nominal, 200W Max
Price: $116.19
10 used & new from $98.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and quality!, March 21, 2015
Used for surrounds in moderately high-end system. Very high quality and perfect for surrounds. I'd need to test for vocals before recommending for front use but given the price, I don't think you'll find a better quality built-in speaker anywhere near this price point.

Mavala Stop - Helps Cure Nail Biting and Thumb Sucking, 0.3-Fluid Ounce
Mavala Stop - Helps Cure Nail Biting and Thumb Sucking, 0.3-Fluid Ounce
Offered by London Manor Beauty - United Kingdom
Price: $16.00
4 used & new from $13.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the trick, March 21, 2015
Helped our 5 year old give up her thumbs. She was on board with the plan so that helped. Reapply weekly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13