Profile for C. Williams > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Williams RSS Feed (Georgia)

Page: 1 | 2
Classic Guitar Technique, Vol 1 (Book & CD) (Shearer Series)
Classic Guitar Technique, Vol 1 (Book & CD) (Shearer Series)
by Alfred Publishing Staff
Price: $13.98
67 used & new from $4.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Starting Again...And Enjoying Every Minute, January 20, 2015
I originally purchased an earlier version of this book in the early 1970's. I tried playing classical guitar back in my early 20's, but, alas, other projects got in the way. I decided to try again 40 years later, but I couldn't find my original book. On receiving this new copy, I learned that a CD is not included. I am totally loving revisiting an old desire to learn classical guitar through this book. Interestingly enough, I have my Vol 2 book, but that was too advanced for my present "begin again" status. Even sections about how to sit, how to trim your nails, etc. are all helpful to me on restarting the "back to the basics" approach. The only advice I am presently NOT heeding in the book is to find a good instructor. But at my age, playing for simple enjoyment is good enough. And I am enjoying playing with the CD. The early tracks are slow enough that you can play without getting lost. Also, I found that my timing was not what it should be. I thought that the tracks were not in synch with the music in the book. If you run into this situation, you may need to count out loud to find out where YOU are off track...not the CD. Well worth every penny of my investment.

Stanley 1877-50 Xtreme Utility Hand Gear Gloves with Velcro strap, Colors may Vary, Medium

3.0 out of 5 stars Good light duty gloves, December 3, 2014
I bought a pair of these gloves about two years ago. I first used the gloves for electrical work. They were very good for protecting my hands and, at the same time, being able to pick up insulator caps, screws, etc. I liked the versatility of the gloves, so I started using them for more tasks. Once I started using the gloves for yard work, and once they got wet doing yard work, they began to deteriorate rather quickly. I really like the gloves for protecting my hands in light work that requires more finger dexterity, but avoid using these gloves for heavy duty outdoor work. I will probably get another pair for my original purpose.

Note in the picture how most of the glove is entirely intact, but the finger tips have worn out. Part of this wear is probably due to doing some more detailed work while the gloves wet.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Plantronics S12 Corded Telephone Headset System
Plantronics S12 Corded Telephone Headset System
Offered by EXCELLENT ELECTRONICS
Price: $82.95
117 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Still working after almost 10 years, November 25, 2014
I have been using this headset for almost 10 years now. It has been totally dependable and the sound quality is great. Only two complaints: 1) the cord that attaches headset system to the phone is to short, 2) too many wires. The second issue is my own problem for being too cheap to buy the wireless version of this headset. The first problem can be resolved by simply buying a long phone extension cord to replace the one that comes with the unit.

Pedag PRO-ACTIVE XCO Extra Cushioning Orthotic for All Weight Bearing Sports and Other Activities, Men's 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product!, November 25, 2014
These pads are more expensive than any pads I have ever purchased, but they have proven to be well worth the money. I can really feel the difference in these pads and less expensive pads. I bought a second pair about three months after I bought my first pair, and I use the two different pair in different sets of shoes. I use them both in work out shoes, and I think the shoes will wear out before the pads.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2014 11:16 AM PST

Fellowes Powershred W-11C 11 Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder (3103201)
Fellowes Powershred W-11C 11 Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder (3103201)
Price: $72.28
84 used & new from $47.59

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent replacement shredder, November 25, 2014
I purchased this power shredder about a year ago to replace another shredder we had for about 10 years. This shredder is more powerful than our old shredder, but it still pushes the limits of this shredder to shred 10 sheets of paper at a time. Shredders are generally messy to empty, and this shredder is no exception. However, I do like the handle on the top of the shredder for lifting the top off the paper container. I abused my old shredder by never oiling the blades. The directions indicated that the blades should be oiled every time the container is emptied. This time, I will follow the directions, and hopefully this shredder will last for many more years. This shredder is not very powerful, but it is proving to be adequate for my needs.

Apple iPad with Retina Display MD511LL/A (32GB, Wi-Fi, Black) 4th Generation
Apple iPad with Retina Display MD511LL/A (32GB, Wi-Fi, Black) 4th Generation
Offered by TechGiant
Price: $459.00
50 used & new from $247.90

4.0 out of 5 stars A little learning curve, but very worthwhile, November 25, 2014
I bought the iPad for my wife. The product has been consistently stable, and the display quality is very clear. Having previously been exposed to only Microsoft products, the iPad took some getting used to. And my wife and I still struggle with the features of the operating system. We use the iPad even more now that we downloaded the Kindle app for reading books. I am very impressed with how long the iPad holds a battery charge. It is also great to take on trips. We also use the camera on the iPad for our trips.

John Thompson's Modern Course for the Piano - 5th Grade
John Thompson's Modern Course for the Piano - 5th Grade
by John Thompson
Price: $9.99
54 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Same quality as the rest of the series, November 25, 2014
The entire John Thompson series is as old as the hills, and I'm sure there are many piano teachers who would say that this series is outdated. There appear to be a lot of piano courses now that are specifically geared to different age groups. I have nothing against any of the other piano courses. But I am an older piano student with a goal to complete the entire John Thompson Course before I reach 70. I'll never be great, but this series pushes me to the max. And I appreciate the selection of songs that are presented in each book.

Each student/teacher should negotiate the learning series that best fits the students learning style. For me, the John Thompson series is the core of my learning, and I supplement with books from other series. I also love the fact that I can listen to Alan Chan play every selection from the John Thompson series on You Tube. Listening to a quality rendition is most helpful in appreciating each piece before attempting to play the lesson.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 18, 2015 12:02 AM PDT

Handy Gourmet Swirl Around Organizer
Handy Gourmet Swirl Around Organizer
Offered by YourShop
Price: $39.99
5 used & new from $32.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, November 25, 2014
My wife loves them and that's the important thing. We previously bought two sets many years ago. It is not uncommon to give good to our relatives in these containers, and we never get them back. The quality of the new set is not quite as good as the older sets, but the new set still works perfectly fine. If I had never experienced the older sets, I would have given this item five stars. And we'll probably end up buying another set during 2015.

Piano Bench Pad - 13 1/4" x 27" Black
Piano Bench Pad - 13 1/4" x 27" Black

5.0 out of 5 stars What a relief!!, August 22, 2013
I purchased this piano bench pad well over a year ago. Without the pad, my back would hurt when I played the piano, so my playing time was limited. With the pad, my back problems have been eliminated. The pad has a very plush finish to it, and it is very durable. After over a year's use, it looks almost as good as the day I bought it. Somehow or other, I lucked out on purchasing the right piano bench pad. If it appears to be a bit more expensive, I can attest to the fact that it is well worth the money. It is comfortable, durable, well constructed, and visually pleasing.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Best tasting shampoo and conditioner around, August 22, 2013
I used these bottles on a trip to Europe. No problem whatsoever. I was a little worried that the bottles might leak, but that did not turn out to be an issue. The labels appear like a salon product would look, so the disguise is very realistic. What else can you say. They look real, they work. They perform the function they were designed to perform. The bottles saved me a lot of money on mixed drinks.

Page: 1 | 2