Profile for Ray W Carlton > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ray W Carlton RSS Feed (Olathe, Colorado United States)

The Faraway Horses
The Faraway Horses
by Buck Brannaman
64 used & new from $1.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Of Horses and Humans, December 28, 2001
This review is from: The Faraway Horses (Hardcover)
This book is not only on how to help horses but on character,from begining to end it gives us lessons on how to help not only the troubled horse ,but on our own troubles as well .
We see from early on what shaped and formed the man of today,the abuse he and his brother suffered as children,the long road to true unity with the horse,the faliures along the way ,the tragedy of his first marriage and how as we say in the horse world he got back up and got on again ,all along we can see were many people would have thrown in the towel and quit ,Buck did not and in so doing showed strength and character .This is all written in a unvarnished way that I find refreshing
I found myself near tears at times and laughing at others ,some of what has happened in his life hits close to home for myself,as a lifelong horseman I have struggled to find unity and peace with the horse ,I have lost loved ones and struggled on,in reading his book I found new ways to deal with some of lifes problems and with my own love of the horse.
To say I enjoyed the book is an understatement,it will be something I will go back to time after time and I hope others will also.You do not have to own horse or be from the horse world to find something in this book that will help you either with your family or life its self.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2009 2:03 PM PST