Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Andrew Rodriguez > Reviews

Browse

Andrew Rodriguez's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Andrew Rodriguez "Aphotic" RSS Feed (Earthica)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Caffeine You can buy!, February 9, 2013
I'm an admitted caffeine junkie being a former Barista and having a high tolerance for caffeine, combined with a desire to save money I started getting caffeine powder. I've tried 2 other kinds of anhydrous caffeine and this is by far the best for a few reasons.

1. Taste
The 2 previous caffeine powders I've tried both had a significant bitter taste. Hard Rhino caffeine is not nearly as bitter as the NuSci brand which makes this one easy to swallow. If you don't know, the taste of caffeine is similar to the taste of an aspirin you hold on your tongue for a few seconds - it's that bitter. The Hard Rhino kind is not.

2. Potency
All of the caffeine powders I've tried have been potent, with noticeable effects within 10 minutes of consumption. This one is no different, but I don't have to use as much as I did with the NuSci kind or the other that's no longer available on Amazon. That's a big win for me. I use about 1/8th teaspoon twice a day for full stimulant effects. Using 1/4th teaspoon and I'm shaky but at maximum attentiveness.

The best benefits for someone looking for their daily buzz but not wanting to spend a fortune as if you were a smoker, pure anhydrous caffeine powder is the way to go. Add it to some water with a packet of your favorite flavor supplement like True Lemon and you've saved your self 5 - 10 bucks a day vs. coffee or energy drinks. And you can't go wrong with the near instantaneous effects powdered caffeine offers. A little fyi - there's no dosing guide included so I'll give you my breakdown:

1/20th teaspoon contains on average 200 mg's of caffeine.
1 12oz cup of coffee on average (depending on where you get it, what company it's from (remember that cheap coffee like Folgers has twice the amount of caffeine of "branded" coffee like Starbucks)) has 80 - 240 mg's of caffeine. The lighter the roast of coffee (less coffee tasting), the more caffeine it has.
1 8.4oz Redbull has 70-90mgs caffeine
1 120z Mountain Dew has 56mgs caffeine

With powdered caffeine start small and customize to the effect you want. I consume on average (with no real way to measure but based on my previous caffeine habits) 800 - 1800mgs caffeine per day. I hope this helps and I really couldn't recommend a better way to get your buzz than powdered caffeine and this is the best I've found.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2014 1:12 PM PDT

Director's Series Vol. 5 - Work of Director Jonathan Glazer
Director's Series Vol. 5 - Work of Director Jonathan Glazer
DVD ~ Damon Albarn
Offered by Your Deals online
Price: $14.59
18 used & new from $2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Inveigled Solace, March 27, 2010
I've been a fan of Palm Pictures since they came out with a Mocean Worker dvd single and Sound & Motion Vol. 1 which is what started my interest in non-MTV music videos. While Jonathan Glazer's videos don't have the obscurity of Chris Cunningham's, they don't have the mass marketability as Anton Corbijn, hence why the dvd starts with U.N.K.L.E.'s 'Rabbit in your Headlights' video. The band never allowed pictures or videos of themselves in their early days, but can be seen driving the car where the music cuts out in the first video. Jonathan Glazer's videos have what I like most about seeing a music video - They tell their own story, based on the story the song tells by itself. I'd say Glazer's videos are a cross between Chris Cunningham and Michel Gondry, right in the middle.

I give it five stars because of the complexity each video has in capturing the right mood of the song, which is why you'll find Radiohead, Massive Attack, U.N.K.L.E., and the simply fantastic Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity video. I love the Director's Label series with the booklets that have notes about each of the videos by the director. Michel Gondry's is particularly great. Out of the Label series this is my favorite director, followed by a tie between Michel Gondry, Spike Jonez, and Chris Cunningham. I feel all four of these directors are equally creative and ingenious that really emphasize the high points of the artists they film with. If you came over to my party and if I didn't have Underworld's Everything Everything Live playing, this would be on. Buy it, says my 2 year old son :)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Crowd Pleaser, April 26, 2006
I have owned this watch for 4 years and have loved every moment. I get complimented on it almost every day. It's a great looking watch and runs perfectly. I never have to set it forward or back (maybe because it doesn't have numbers, I don't have to worry about the minutes being off...; ) and it's still in great working order. Extreamly satisfied and would recommend it to anyone.

The Middle Of Nowhere
The Middle Of Nowhere
Offered by CAC Media
Price: $10.33
79 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Diversity, Style and Orbital, all in one., January 2, 2002
This review is from: The Middle Of Nowhere (Audio CD)
Unlike previous albums, "Middle of Nowhere" takes a completely different route and ventures into a land of music that is far from nowhere. With the first song sounding like something from Cake(the mexican mariachi sounding trumpet is so unexpected, yet fits so well), this album takes off and starts down a path of incredible style and all around awesome music. I tend to think that this album defines Orbital, with being one of the more diverse albums, yet the whole thing is totally obtainable. These songs differ from other albums with a more complete sound, one I find doesn't exist in their other ones. "Middle of Nowhere" takes away some of the breakbeat, and replaces it with chemical beat(kind of like the chemical brothers) and with songs like "Know where to run," "Otono," and the phenominal "Style," it's easy to think this is their most mature sounding album. This being Orbital's sixth record, it is a must have for fans of Orbital, Techno, or music period.

Pieces in a Modern Style
Pieces in a Modern Style
Offered by cdgiveaways
Price: $10.79
88 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ambient work, October 28, 2001
Anyone who says that this isn't good, just doesn't know what good is. The two reviews at the top, are worthless and don't believe what they say. The whole idea of music is the fact that it changes in style and texture, and over a period of time, it's not dificult to find that certain re-workings can improve the quality of the song. ALL of the songs on this album are fantastic to say the least. This is by far - The most relaxing yet totaly obtainable cd to listen to. You don't have to be tired to listen to this, it's a great cd to have on any time. Some of the outstanding pieces are: John Cage- In a Landscape; Piece in old style 1 & 3; and the whole rest of the cd! You are a musical twit if you over look this cd, simply for the fact that they are re-workings of great classical pieces. This is by far, an oustanding achievement in the field of electronic/re-worked music, and music period!

Euphoria: Chilled
Euphoria: Chilled
14 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Chilled, October 22, 2001
This review is from: Euphoria: Chilled (Audio CD)
So you think you've heard all the best trance or house songs? Well, you haven't heard them chilled. This is by far the best euphoria cd out there. The mixes are seamless and I mean that you can't even tell when "Talking with myself" ends and "Invisible" begins. And it does that for the next 3 songs! This is an absolutly essential cd for ANYone to own, especially if you like ambient but not boring music. I've mixed my own chilled cd, but this is by far, the best in chill out music.