Industrial-Sized Deals BOTMKT15 Shop Women's Fall Denim Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Rob Thomas Storm Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all furious7 furious7 furious7  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage Assassin's Creed Syndicate Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Jon > Reviews

Browse

Jon's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jon "jsaxton" RSS Feed (Great Falls, MT)

Canon PowerShot SX50 HS 12MP Digital Camera with 2.8-Inch LCD (Black)
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS 12MP Digital Camera with 2.8-Inch LCD (Black)
Offered by Adorama Camera
Price: $349.95
52 used & new from $196.00

5.0 out of 5 stars battery life is a good example. So far I have taken 485 pics ..., July 31, 2015
Bought this even though the SX-60 is available - some reviews worried me too much - and I certainly do not regret it. Some technical details missed the mark badly, battery life is a good example. So far I have taken 485 pics & videos (nearly all using the viewfinder) and still have over half of the battery left. Technical details estimated a life of 315, but maybe they were using the display. Some reviews mentioned issues with auto-focus while taking macro shots. It definitely took some getting used to & became much easier when I noticed the focus range displayed in the viewfinder while zooming. The two drawbacks I noted were the lack of threads to attach a filter - I really like protecting that lens - and the lack of a printed manual. There are WAY too many options & features to learn 'on your own.'
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2015 8:16 PM PDT

Red Storm Rising
Red Storm Rising
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $8.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 21, 2015
This review is from: Red Storm Rising (Kindle Edition)
Great read!

Search for the Buried Bomber (Dark Prospects Book 1)
Search for the Buried Bomber (Dark Prospects Book 1)
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Intro & back story mostly, April 6, 2014
It's not a bad story, but I expected a more complete book, not the start of a series of cliff-hangers

2 x Gold Stars 83000511-02 LED Light 1156/1141 & 921 Base 120 Lums 12v Natural White
Offered by Smart Camping World
Price: $29.95
2 used & new from $9.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Very bright!, August 26, 2013
The natural white light these LEDs emit is both cooler and brighter than the 921 incandescent bulbs they replaced. Installation was easy. I rated them at 4 stars because durability is a prime consideration - next year I'll either bump it up or down...

New Duracell DRPP600 Powerpack 600 Jump Starter and Emergency Power Source
New Duracell DRPP600 Powerpack 600 Jump Starter and Emergency Power Source

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine for me, September 13, 2009
Delivery service was impressive.
Pros: Followed directions & the powerpack charged as specified. It was much more efficient - much longer battery life - when using the 12V DC output versus the 115 V AC output. On our camping trip it ran a CPAP machine on DC for three nights plus repeatedly inflated a raised queen airbed. It only ran the CPAP 1.5 nights on AC - logical as a converter is never 100% efficient. It also recharged quickly on 12V DC in the car.
Cons: minor. The charge meter seemed intermittent; sometimes there was more charge remaining than indicated by the meter. The DC charge cord could be a foot or two longer.
Good value.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Update - excellent customer service, January 19, 2009
I used this cable to connect my BluRay player to my Onkyo TX-SR806 receiver. It worked for less than an hour and then it appeared that the HDMI port died. The receiver could no longer 'see' the BluRay. I moved the player to a different port, and it worked for a few days before it also died. I then replaced this Mediabridge - 3ft Ultra-High Speed HDMI Cable with a 2 meter Mediabridge cable. It has now operated on the original port for over three weeks (knock, knock).
Maybe that's why almost no one makes 1 meter HDMI cables?

Update 28 Feb: I've seen good customer service before, but this was something else. Based on the above review I was contaced via email by the president of Broadband Products, Inc, which is the parent company of Mediabridge. They sent me a replacement cable. I haven't tried it yet, but the service is certainly fantastic!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2014 5:44 PM PST

Onkyo TX-SR806 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
5 used & new from $469.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, easy setup, January 19, 2009
This is my first home theater receiver and it's been in use for a month now. Setup was as simple as possible once you get past all those wires - the Audyssey balanced my 7.1 system in minutes with only a few clicks of the remote. I get fantastic, clean sound from this receiver and my 8 Polks; 2 Monitor 60s, 4 TSi100s, a CS2, and a PSW505.

I did have a problem with HDMI ports; the port I used for my BluRay player died after less than an hour of use. I moved the player to a different port, and it died a few days later. I then replaced the Mediabridge - 3ft Ultra-High Speed HDMI Cable with a 2 meter Mediabridge cable and it has now operated on the original port for over three weeks (knock, knock). Maybe that's why almost no one makes 1 meter HDMI cables?

I also had a problem getting my Wii to work through either the composite or component inputs - it's still connected directly to the TV. Maybe the next version will have an hdmi output.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2009 8:12 AM PST

Polk Audio PSW505 12-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black)
Polk Audio PSW505 12-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black)
Price: $589.95
5 used & new from $449.69

5.0 out of 5 stars BIG bass, January 19, 2009
The PSW505 provides truly awesome, clean bass, but it completely overpowers average size rooms - you simply don't need this much subwoofer for music in most homes. It really shines in a large room or in a home theater.
In a home theater in a dedicated 12' x 21' room this subwoofer puts you inside the explosions & other fx. You not only hear them, you feel them - even without any bass boost from the amp and without the volume cranked! Luckily the room is in the basement so the neighbors haven't complained. Yet.

Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black)
Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black)
Price: $129.00
106 used & new from $79.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Enough sub-woofer; good value, January 2, 2009
I'd agree that the PSW10 might be stretched in any but the smallest home theater, but it does a great job on music in all but the largest rooms.
This is my second sub-woofer, the first being a Polk PSW505. The 505 is awesome, but it completely overpowers average size rooms when used to play music. The 505 really shines in a large room or in a home theater, where mine now resides.
In an average living room, mine is 13 x 21, the PSW10 provides plenty of clean bass for all types of music. With the PSW10's volume at 50% and no bass boost from the receiver you'll hear more bass than you would in a classical concert hall or jazz festival. Bump the bass volume up a bit & you'll hear all the bass you'd find in rock / pop venues - at a bargain price.