Profile for OrangeCrush > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 398

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

OrangeCrush "Still shooting with Film!" RSS Feed (Farmington Hills, MI USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
And the Band Played On
And the Band Played On
DVD ~ Matthew Modine
Price: $5.72
32 used & new from $2.45

5.0 out of 5 stars HBO's Best film to date!, November 30, 2014
This review is from: And the Band Played On (DVD)
I just got done watching this again this last weekend and its just amazing how well this film stands the test of time. Its as powerful of a film as it was 10 years ago. In my opinion, this is HBO's best movie to date and that is really saying something as HBO doesn't fool around when making films. They have made some absolute masterpieces! This film tells the story of the beginning days of the AIDS virus, as told from the perspective of a small lab of doctors who set out to discover exactly what this new disease really was. Its a heart wrenching story and you will be shocked at just how our government and the various medical agencies handled this disease at the onset. I think this is Mathew Modine's strongest performance to date and Ian Mckellen puts in an absolutely BRILLIANT performance. The sheer number of cameo's in this film is really quite stunning! Just to name a few, you have Richard Gere, Steve Martin, Anjelica Houston, Phil Colllins, etc. The film finishes off by honoring many of the people that have died of AIDS. Its just incredibly powerful stuff!!

All in all, And the Band Played On is easily one of the best films the last 20+ years running! If by chance you haven't already seen it, BUY this DVD ASAP!! This is one film that everybody should see, regardless of their personal beliefs.

If I could give this more than 5 stars, I would!

Knox 16 Bay Smart Fast Charging Ni-MH AA/AAA Battery Charger + 12 AA (2100 mAh) & 4 AAA (1000 mAh) Rechargeable Batteries Included
Offered by aSavings
Price: $59.95
3 used & new from $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely LOVE it!!, November 30, 2014
Just received this as an early Xmas present from one of my sisters. I have been a big proponent of rechargeable batteries for a number of years, but for some reason I just never got around to buying a quality charger. I used a cheap Energizer charger that I have owned for FAR too long. It made charging the batteries a total pain. To charge all of my batteries, it basically took like 4 days. I just had to keep an eye on the charger and keep switching out batteries. A total pain in the rear end!! Anyways, its something I have complained about openly on many occassions so I guess my sister took it upon herself to finally fix this issue.

I could tell when I first opened it up that this was just a whole different league of charger. It really does have quality written all over it. The best part about this charger is the sheer number of batteries that you can charge, 16 at a time, which is roughly 3 times bigger than my old unit. The LCD displays are super easy to read, even in daylight, and the display is easy enough for a child to understand. It simply shows a picture of a battery and as it charges, it fills up with black lines. With my old charger, it was impossible to tell just how much charge a particular battery had. With this unit, you can throw a battery on there and get a reasonable idea of how much charge that battery has left. I also worried about the overall safety of my old unit so the fact that this unit comes equipped with built-in protection for short-circuits, over-current, and over-heating is a big relief.

It used to take me more than 3 days to charge all of my rechargeable batteries, but this unit has knocked that down to a single day. I primarily use Eneloop rechargeable batteries and I got recharge times of around 4 hours with this unit. That means I can charge 48 batteries in a single 12 hour period!! If your looking for a quality rapid charging station that can handle a large number of batteries than look no further. I should have updated to one of these stations a LONG time ago. Learn from my mistake. Recharging batteries doesn't have to be a total pain! If your using a slow outdated charger like I was, order one of these as soon as possible! Stop putting it off like I did! It honestly brings enjoyment back to using rechargeable batteries again. I now consider a station like this to be absolutely mandatory and I will never go without one ever again. If your going to use rechargeable batteries, which in all honesty everyone should, buy a quality charger like the Knox 16 bay. Its worth every penny and then some!!

JOE JUSKO: Savage Beauty
JOE JUSKO: Savage Beauty
by Joe Jusko

5.0 out of 5 stars An Absolutely Beautiful Art Book!!, November 18, 2014
Joe Jusko is one of the worlds most famous fantasy/comic artists and for good reason. He just has a TON of talent and a really unique style. Joe's style is really like a perfect cross between the more realistic styles seen by artists like Lucio Parrillo and Alex Ross and the more comic book style artwork that you see with artists like J. Scott campbell and Michael Turner and even tho their styles were very different, Jusko's female work reminds me a lot of Michael Turner's work. Both of their female work is just infused with sexiness, yet its all tastefully done and that is something that is getting rarer and rarer in the modern comic market. A lot of bad girl art today is just overtly sexual in nature. It really makes me miss Michael Turner all the more as I am just not a fan of overtly sexual comic art. I think artwork like Joe's and Michael's is just a thousand time sexier. Basically, subtly sexy when done right is just a million times sexier than overtly sexual artwork and joe has really become a master in this regard. Even his work that starts to push the boundary of overtly sexual are really tastefully done. His Dejah Thoris #5 cover is a perfect example.

I actually wasn't even aware this book even existed until I stumbled onto it at Amazon. I am a huge fan of Joe's so I immediately ordered a copy. I was not disappointed in the least. This book has a great assortment of Joe's work including work of Vampirella, Red Sonja, Conan, Shi, Jungle Girl, Green Lantern, Superman, Wonder Woman, and even the Wizard of Oz. All in all, its just a great assortment of work from one of the comic industries leading talents. There is really something for everyone in here, regardless of your tastes. It would have been nice if the book was a bit larger, but the quality of the work itself is so amazing that it more than makes up for the books size. If your a fan of Joe's work than this book should be considered a mandatory addition to your collection.

5 Stars!

The Art of Marc Silvestri (Deluxe Edition)
The Art of Marc Silvestri (Deluxe Edition)
by Marc Silvestri
Price: $24.35
38 used & new from $12.52

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Artwork, But Ultimately Just Way Too Small!, November 16, 2014
I am a big fan of Marc Silvestri as he really had a lot to do with the huge growth in popularity that we have seen the last 10-15 years in the bad girl genre of the comic market. Marc Silvestri, along with a small handful of other artists, brough something to that side of the industry that had been severly lacking, overall quality. The bad girl genre really started to take off in the 80's and early 90's, but the quality of the artwork itself was really questionable at best. In all honesty, most of it was pretty bad. It was about as anatomically inaccurate as one could hope to get. The women had breats that were bigger than their heads, legs that were longer than thier upper body, and hair that would shock even Rapunzel herself. Its was hyper sexualized artwork with very few redeeming qualities. The best artists usually stayed away from the bad girl genre of the comic market as it simply didnt command the respect that other genre's had.

Then everything started to change in the mid to late 90's. The start of Witchblade was one of the key moments in the genre. It signaled a major shift in how bad girls were drawn and artists like Marc Silvestri, Michael Turner, and Brian Pulido were at the forefront of this change. Instead of cheesy drawings with ridiculous anatomical features, you started seeing bad girls rendered with far more realistic poses and anatomical accurate features. Not to mention the overall quality of the work was just a HUGE step forward as this small group of artists were extremely talented. These artists really brought a sense of quality to the bad girl genre that had never existed before and the end result was nothing less than a huge explosion in popularity for the entire genre.

Witchblade #1 was really the start of my bad girl collecting. Its since become one of my favorite genre's in the comic industry. I have a lot of respect for Marc Silvestri as he is an amazing artist and he played a very large role in the overall transformation of this genre of the comic market. All that being said, this art book is a bit disappointing as its less than 100 pages. Given the amount of work that Marc Silvestri has done, they could have easily doubled, even tripled, the overall size of this book. The artwork that is here looks amazing. Unfortunatey, there just isnt a lot here. In all honesty, this is the smallest art book I have purchased in a very long time. Such a shame as Marc Silvestri has a ton of quality work. I just don't understand the decision to go with such a small book.

Bottom line - if your a big fan of Marc Silvestri than your definitely going to want to pick this up. It may be short, but the artwork that is here is amazing. My advice, just be patient and wait for it to go on sale. Personally, I would love to see Marc create a 2nd volume, one that was at least 200 pages long. Until then, this one will have to do!

3 Stars

Mylites 4 Magazine Mylar Sleeves 9" x 11 1/2" Plus 1 1/2" Flap
Mylites 4 Magazine Mylar Sleeves 9" x 11 1/2" Plus 1 1/2" Flap
Offered by Ready-Set-Collect!
Price: $36.95
2 used & new from $32.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Without Question, the Highest Quality Comic Bags on the Market!, November 16, 2014
I am a bit late to the game when it comes to Gerber's Mylites bags and Halfback/Fullback boards. I have been collecting comics for roughly 30+ years and never really gave bags and boards much thought. Dont get me wrong, I always bag and board all of my comics. The way I see it, if a comic is worth buying, then its worth protecting. I just never gave the overall quality or brand much thought, that is until I won a particular auction on eBay. The auction was for some older Wonder Woman comics and the seller had them in Mylites 2's with Fullback boards. I had never seen a Mylites bag before and was absolutely blown away when I recieved those comics.

The main difference between regular comic bags and Mylites lies in the materials they are made with. Most of the comic bags on the market are made of Polypropylene or Polyethylene. Mylites are made of Mylar. Its not that Poly bags are necessarily bad, its just that Mylar is vastly superior in terms of protecting your comics. Here is some information on Mylar, taken directly from Gerber's website:

"How does Mylar, which is biaxially extruded polyester film, afford more protection? The poly-bags that most everyone sells are "blown" films, affording very low density and dimensional stability. Mylar is an extruded film that is simultaneously stretched in two directions to give it maximum strength. In fact, it resists penetration by gases, such as oxygen, 300 TIMES more than the poly-bags. As for strength and stability: it is also several hundred times stronger and more stable. Keep in mind, that we are not talking about 4 or 5 times better as compared to their price; we are talking about offering the kind of protection for 100 years which poly-bags cannot offer for even one year."

Advantages of Mylar® Type D Compared to Commonly Used Plastics:

1 - Resistance to diffusion of gases like oxygen, Carbon Dioxide, Sulfur Dioxide, etc. is 350 times greater than polyethylene.

2 - Permanence. There is no noticeable change in storage after 100 years compared to 2 to 5 years for others.

3 - Resistance to moisture, fungus, mold, mildew, acid, oils, grease, and solvents is "excellent" compared to "fair" for others.

4 - Strength and creep resistance is 10 times that of polyethylene, one-third the strength of steel.

5 - Volatile Additions--Mylar® contains no dangerous plasticizers, slip additives, surface coatings, antioxidants, acid-hydrolysis compared to other commonly used plastics

So basically Mylar bags offer VASTLY superior protection for your comics than Poly-bags and while this is definitely a big selling point, its not really the main reason why I switched to using Mylites bags. What Gerber's website fails to mention is just how much better your comics look inside these bags. The Mylites bags are just CRYSTAL clear compared to Poly-bags. The visual difference is nothing short of mind blowing. Its like comparing VHS to DVD or DVD to Blu Ray, and that is not an exaggeration. Once you get used to looking at comics inside of Mylites bags, you will have a very hard time going back to Poly-bags. Its like looking at your comics through a dirty window. This, above all else, is the main reason why I switched to Mylites bags. All of the other advantages are just a bonus in my book.

There are actually 2 different kinds of Mylites bags. There are Mylites 2's and Mylites 4's. Mylites 4's are basically twice the thickness of Mylites 2's. I actually use both. I jump to Mylites 4's for my really valuable comics and use Mylites 2's for the rest. Also, if your going to use Mylites, then I highly recommend using Gerber's backing boards as well. They have 2 different kinds of backing boards, Fullbacks and Halfbacks. Halfbacks are basically half as thick as fullbacks. Beyond that, they are 100% identical. I personally use Fullback boards as I really like the extra thickness. It just provides that much more stability and protection.

Bottom line - Gerber's Mylites bags are without question the best comic bags on the market. They will cost you more money, but they are absolutely worth the extra cost. Of course, you don't have to use Mylites all the time. If cost is an issue, than you can always continue using Poly-bags and only use Mylites for your more valuable comics. In regards to cost, it helps significantly if you buy them in quantity (1000 or more) directly from Gerber. It will basically cut the cost in half. I myself use Mylites exclusively now as I have gotten so used to visual clarity that Poly-bags simply no longer cut it for me. Again, Poly-bags for me are like looking through a dirty window. Once you get used to that Mylar quality, its very hard going back. If your serious about your comics then Mylites bags are without question the way you should go. Trust me, you wont be disappointed!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Without Question the Highest Quality Comic Bags on the Market, November 16, 2014

Advantages of Mylar® Type D Compared to Commonly Used Plastics:

5 Stars!!

Kingston Digital DataTraveler SE9 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (DTSE9H/32GBZET)
Kingston Digital DataTraveler SE9 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (DTSE9H/32GBZET)
Price: $11.99
3 used & new from $10.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, Jut Wow!!, November 15, 2014
I ordered 2 of these for flash storage on my XBox 360 and I have to admit, I was a bit thrown back when I first recieved them in the mail. They are so small that for a minute, I thought for sure that I got sent the wrong items. In regards to width, there is no extra size to these flash sticks at ALL!! The are basically the exact same width as your USB port. If you haven't ordered these before, your going to be a bit shocked at just how small they really are.

As for the performance, these things worked great. They meet the minumum specs for the XBox 360 so you will have no problems using these on your 360. My hard drive filled up a long time ago on my 360 and I now have to resort to flash drives for adding new games. Thank god MS allowed external hard drive support with the XBox One. I am not sure I would have purchased another Xbox console without extrnal HD support. Well, at least they upped the flash supprt to 32 gigs!!

Anyways, if your looking for a flash drive for your Xbox 360, or just looking for a small flash drive that you can attach to a key chain, this is definitely a great choice. In all honesty, this is the smallest flash drive I have ever seen before and I absolutely love the overall look. The aluminum housing looks great!! This will definitely be my go to option for flash drives from here on out!

5 Stars!

Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $31.43
123 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars In My Opinion, The Single Best Deal in the Entire History of Gaming!, November 15, 2014
I have been a big fan of Halo since day 1. I still remember going to Best Buy on the launch of the original Halo and staying up the entire night playing through the campaign. I also fondly remember all of the LAN parties that used to get set up between my group of friends. Fortunately, Halo just continued to get better and better as it went on, especially the multi-player. I honestly can't even begin to estimate how many hours I logged on Halo 2 multi-player. It would be a pretty scary figure.

Well, The Master Chief has really come full circle with this release. This title contains the Anniversary Edition of Halo 1, a new remastered HD version of Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo: Nightfall (a new digital series), and access to the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta. The sheer amount of content here is nothing short of mind numbing. 4 Campaigns, Over 100 multi-player maps, the Halo 5 MP Beta, and the Nightfall digital series. If you were to spend just 10 minutes on each multi-player map, it would take you over 17 hours to play them all. The best part about this release? Its just $59.99. As I stated in the title of this review, I personally consider this to be the single best deal in the entire history of gaming. MS could have easily charged $50-$60, just for the remastered version of Halo 2 and people would have lined up in droves to buy it. I can't think of a single release that beats the Master Chief collection in regards to the sheer amount of content included. It really is just a mind numbing amount of content.

Obviously the main attraction here is the remastered edition of Halo 2. I finished the campaign a couple days back and it was truly amazing. The new cut scenes from Blur Studio are absolutely breathtaking and really add to the story. As with the Anniversary edition of Halo 1, Halo 2 runs 2 independent graphics engines simultaneously so you can switch between the old version and the new version with the press of a button. I really love this effect as it really shows the amount of work that has gone into these remastered versions. The difference at times is nothing short of amazing. The advances we have seen in graphics the last 10+ years is truly astounding. All in all, Halo 2 Remastered doesn't disappoint and in all honesty, is worth the price admission all on its own. And being able to jump right into Halo 3 really gets rid of the disappointment many people had with the cliffhanger ending.

I really don't think I can add anything to Halo 1 and Halo 3 that already hasn't been said before. Both are amazing games. In fact, they are some of the highest rated games of all time. There was mixed consensus with Halo 4 and many people were disappointed with the multi-player aspect of the game. To be perfectly honest, I didn't really play a lot of Halo 4 MP. When Halo 4 launched, I was having one of my busiest working seasons I have ever had and I just didn't have the time to play a lot of MP. I will say that I absolutely loved the single player campaign. In fact, in regards to story, I think Halo 4 was the best title yet and I am anxiously awaiting the release of Halo 5.

Now I understand that there have been some issues in regards to the multi-player component of this game, but I am giving this game a perfect 5 star rating anyways as I understand that these kinds of issues happen. Multi-player gaming is incredibly complex and a LOT of things can and do go wrong on occasion.That is simply the real world. Have you ever seen the Xbox Live Command Center? Is nothing short of INSANE!!! If you can't handle a few small delays while they iron out the MP problems, simply wait a couple weeks before buying MP games like this, or jump into the campaigns for awhile while they are working out the issues. I have no doubt that 343 and MS will work around the clock in getting these issues worked out. At the end of the day, it changes nothing in regards to the overall quality of this release. The MP component of this game will be played years down the road. A few short weeks isn't going to kill anyone.

The bottom line - If your a fan of the Master Chief than this is about as no brainer as no brainers get. The sheer amount of content in this release is nothing short of mind blowing and the fact that its only $60 is nothing short of incredible. MS could have easily charged $80-90 bucks for this release. Have you even seen the number of achievements? I hate to think how long its going to take people to get to 100%. If your more interested in the MP than single player, simply wait a few weeks before buying it. If anything, that will just give you the opportunity to scope out the best deals on the game. How any fan of Halo can pass this release up is....well, that is simply beyond my comprehension. In regards to overall value, gaming simply doesn't get any better than this.

5 Stars and then some!!

Grimm Fairy Tales Cover Art Book Volume 2
Grimm Fairy Tales Cover Art Book Volume 2
by Joe Brusha
Price: $26.48
44 used & new from $20.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Disappointing!, November 15, 2014
First and foremost, the picture currently up on Amazon is not the cover you will receive for this book. The picture Amazon has up is for the Limited Edition version of this book. This is actually the 2nd art book that I have ordered in the last month that had this issue and they were both from Zenescope. I also purchased the Cover Art Book Volume 1 from Amazon and it wound up being a 2nd edition, with a completely new cover. I really wish Amazon would be more vigilant in regards to having the proper cover art up for their art books. Here is a link for the proper cover art for this edition:

Anyways, I thought the first Cover Art Book from Zenescope was pretty nice, so I went ahead and ordered this 2nd volume as well. All in all, I found it a bit disappointing. First off, I am not really impressed with the cover choice at all. They wound up using cover #87 C by Pasquale Qualano. Its a decent cover, but not art book cover quality in my opinion. There are VASTLY superior choices that could have been made. Just to name a few, you have #99 (S. Lau), #97 (A. Garza), #85A (J.Tyndall), #81C (E. Chatzoudis), #87A, #75G (G. Horn), #71C, #67 (J. Tyndall), #65B (EBAS), #61 (M. Debalfo), 60A, #57A (EBAS), #55 (EBAS), #50C etc. In all honesty, I could easily name another 10 more that would have made VASTLY superior covers. Of course, this is purely subjective so there may be people that absolutely love the cover choice. I am just not one of them.

Another disappointing aspect to this book is the fact that its only 150 pages, or 50 pages less than the 1st volume, yet it has the same exact price. Personally, I don't think these art books should be any less than 200 pages, especially when your at the $39.99 price point. I recently purchased Dynamite's newest Vampirella Art Book (Vampirella: The Dynamite Years) and that has 240 pages and is the same exact price as this book. There are a couple of aspects to this book that make the overall size even more disappointing. First is the fact that there were PLENTY of covers that Zenescope left out so they could have very easily made this book 200-250 pages if they wanted to do so. This book covers Grimm Fairy Tales Issues #50 to #100. I took the time to look into just how many different covers Zenescope released with books 50-100 and it wound up being roughly 250 unique covers. In other words, a LOT of covers were left out of this art book. Then you have the overall design of the book itself. A significant portion of this book has a layout where Zenescope uses the exact same cover on 2 pages. The left page will have a full color version of the cover and the right page will have a black and white version of the cover, along with a quote from the artist on that particular cover. All in all, I actually think it makes for an interesting design, but it eats up space in the book really fast as your basically using 2 full pages instead of one for each cover. Had this book been 250 pages, I wouldn't have any issue whatsoever with this design. The fact that they used this design in an art book that is already pretty small....well, it only makes the book feel that much smaller as its cutting down significantly on the overall amount of unique artwork the book actually contains.

I also believe the cover art was a bit stronger with issues #1 - #49. There are still some great covers in here, but overall I think the first 49 issues were stronger, which of course means the Vol.2 book wont be as strong as the first. Of course, this is also purely subjective so people might disagree completely on this one. Again, I just feel the covers were stronger with the first 49 issues.

All that being said, the art that is presented here looks great. Again the side by side color/B&W layout that a lot of pages have looks great. I also enjoyed the quotes from the artists. Obviously a quote isn't going to give a ton of insight, but they were still enjoyable nonetheless. And the quality of the book itself is right in line with the initial Vol.1 cover art book, which is a good thing. Its a mid level quality art book, which is exactly what one should expect with art books in this price range. Personally, I think I am going to return the regular edition and buy the limited edition. It has a much better cover and at least for me, the cover is the most important picture in the entire book.

The bottom line - This release could have been a lot better had Zenescope made this a 200-250 page book as opposed to a 150 page book. The overall size combined with the overall design of the book ultimately makes this a much smaller experience than it should have been. The Vampirella Art Book I mentioned up above contained every single cover in the entire Dynamite Vampirella run, was 240 pages long, and was the exact same price as this book. Going from something like that to something like this...well, it really highlights the books overall faults. These companies are competing for our purchases and as such, they need to be competitive with one another. Unfortunately, this book just really doesn't compare to a lot of the other art books in the same price range. Next time, Zenescope needs to include more work, its as simple as that. As I stated up above, anything less than 200 pages for an art book like this is simply unacceptable. The fact that Zenescope produced roughly 250 unique covers and yet the cover art book is only 150 pages....well, something is definitely wrong with that picture.

3 Stars
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2014 9:35 PM PST

Wireless Controller + Play and Charge Kit - Xbox One
Wireless Controller + Play and Charge Kit - Xbox One
Offered by X-Button Games
Price: Click here to see our price
57 used & new from $49.88

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Why I Prefer My Xbox Over my Playstation., September 10, 2014
I have purchased every major console ever released in the US, with the one exception being the Wii U and I will probably buy that one as well somewhere down the line. When it comes to the companies themselves, I have no preferences. I understand that competition in the marketplace actually benefits gamers substantially as it keeps prices down and it spurs innovation. I have no favorites, I simply want access to the best games of each generation, regardless of what platform they are on. That being said, I definitely prefer gaming on my Xbox over my Playstation and it has absolutely nothing to do with liking one company more than the other and everything to do with the controller. I have never been a big fan of Sony's dual shock controller. While it works ok, I am just not a fan of the ergonomic aspect of the controller, at all! I start getting cramps in as little as 2-3 hours of gaming. Maybe its just me, but it just doesnt fit my hands well at all.

Enter the Xbox 360, which had the single best controller I have ever used before. Ergomically, it was nothing short of brilliant. It just fit perfectly, like the controller was an extension of your hand. I can game for 8+ hours straight on my 360 and I never have problems with hand cramps or fatigue. In over 30+ years of gaming, its without question the single best controller I had ever used. Its pretty amazing considering the controller the original Xbox had. MS just did an outstanding job designing the XBox 360 controller and its for this reason that I always purchased multiplatform games for my 360.

I will openly admit, I was really nervous when I heard that MS was making some changes to the Xbox 360 controller for the Xbox One. Except for the D Pad, which obviously needed improving, the controller was already perfect for me. When I heard that over 40 changes had been made, I really started to panic. How do you make 40 legimate improvments to a controller that was already near perfect? I thought for sure they were going to screw it up. Well, thankfully I am here to tell you that they definitely didn't screw it up. In fact, once again they have managed to make the most impressive controller I have ever seen. Basically, MS took a near perfect controller and....well, made it perfect.

First and foremost, I am thankful to say that the D Pad issues are now a thing of the past. The D Pad on the XBox One controller is top notch, exactly what the D Pad should have been on the 360 controller. It is highly responsive and is just a VAST improvment over the 360 D Pad. Ergonomically, the controller is better than ever and this was the one aspect of the new controller I was really nervous about. I though the overall shape of the 360 controller was absolutely perfect. I honestly didn't think it was possible to improve upon it, but I was definitely wrong. They took the 360 controller, made some small refinements to the overall size and shape and the end result, while small, is still an overall improvement. It feels better than ever in your hands. One of the best aspects of this redesign is definitely the batteries. The batteries no longer stick out at the bottom of the controller, they completely disappear inside the controller. This makes the underside of the controller far more comfortable. In all honesty, the batteries never really bothered me with the 360, but this is definitely a big improvment on this front. Putting the batteries on the inside, as opposed to attaching them to the underside by a small pack, just makes the controller that much more ergonomic and ultimately that much more comfortable to use.

Another big improvment is the addition of the new vibrating impulse triggers. Motors in each trigger provide precise gaming feedback. It may not sound like a big deal, but it really is a significant improvment over the 360 triggers. These motors can be used to give feedback in a variety of different gaming situations and are really a step forward in regards to the tactile aspects of handheld controllers. The thumbsticks now have a soft rubbery textured feel to them, which makes your fingers stick to the thumbesticks. While small, this is actually one of my favorite aspects to the new controller. The thumbsticks are just really comfortable on your finger tips.

The bottom line - MS has taken what was arguably the best controller ever made and made it even better. All in all, there are over 40 improvements in total, which is pretty incredible considering just how good the 360 controller really was. I didn't think it was even possible to improve upon it, yet MS has found over 40 ways to do just that and in the end, they make the Xbox One controller a legitmate improvement over the Xbox 360 controller. If your a fan of the XBox 360 controller, odds are you will absolutely love the XBox One Controller. In my opinion, its the single best controller ever designed. MS may have made some mistakes out of the gate with the XBox One, but the redesign of the Xbox 360 controller was absolutely not one of them. All in all, this is just an absolutely brilliant gaming controller.

5 Stars and then some!!