Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for OrangeCrush > Reviews

Browse

OrangeCrush's Profile

Customer Reviews: 404

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

OrangeCrush "Still shooting with Film!" RSS Feed (Farmington Hills, MI USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mass Effect-The Poster Collection
Mass Effect-The Poster Collection
by Various
Price: $13.34
44 used & new from $12.24

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Buy For Mass Effect Art Fans!, August 28, 2015
First and foremost, calling these posters is really a bit of a stretch. Traditionally, posters are printed on a very thin paper stock and these are printed on a much thicker paper stock. This should really be called Mass Effect: The Print Collection but thats just nitpicking. Regardless of what its called, the end result is really just a great collection of Mass Effect artwork. While the artwork itself is definitely much smaller (12"x16") than the Mass Effect prints that Bioware released through Treehouse Stores, this releases allows you to buy 20 prints for roughly 1/10th to 1/20th the cost of a single art print from Bioware as those prints now run anywhere from $100 to $300+, depending on the print. So this is a great way to get some really nice Mass Effect artwork for very little money and the best part about the thicker print stock is it allows you to display them on their own, just by leaning them up against something, although if you want to matt and frame them, that is certainly an option.

All in all, I have become a big fan of these Poster collections. I also own the Assassins Creed Poster Collection, The Halo Poster Collection, Gears of War Poster Collection, and The Elder Scrolls Online Poster Collection. Some of the other releases had 40 posters as opposed to 20, but even with just 20 posters, this is still just a killer deal. Honestly, if your looking for gaming art that doesn't cost a significant amount of money, then these poster collections are just a great option. Again, if your a fan of Mass Effect Art then this purchase should be a no brainer.

5 Stars!

Kotobukiya DC Comics: Batwoman Bishoujo Statue
Kotobukiya DC Comics: Batwoman Bishoujo Statue
Price: $53.88
43 used & new from $49.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant....., July 12, 2015
I really can't say enough good things about this piece. Just when you think Kotobukiya couldn't get any better, they release a statue like this. It really is brilliant in every possible way. First and foremost, I absolutely love the color. Its like a cross between a metallic red and magenta and that glossy metallic paint that Kotobukiya uses really adds an extra oomph of visual flair. Then you have the pose, which is both dynamic yet subtle and it definitely has that feminine touch, which you absolutely want with a piece like this. As for the hair, its actually one of my favorite aspects with this piece. Kotobukiya can definitely go a bit overboard at times with the crazy hair, but the hair on this piece really finds the perfect balance. Its crazy, but not overtly so and the replacement hair looks just as amazing. Last but not least, you have one of the best faces I have seen yet in this line of statues. While I definitely prefer these statues with the masks on, this is one statue I would seriously consider displaying without the mask. I will probably wind up alternating, just to mix it up from time to time.

The bottom line - Kotobukiya has really outdone themselves this time around. They have produced what is arguably the nicest statue yet in this series. I can't speak for others, but this is definitely my favorite statue up to this point. The colors are amazing, the paint job is spot on, it has a beautiful pose and the hair and face are absolutely perfect. Even if I could, I wouldn't change a single thing with this statue. Just an absolutely brilliant job all the way around. Kotobukiya is without question one of the premier statue companies on the market and the fact that they continually raise the bar higher and higher....well, its a real testament to the overall quality of the company. If I could give this statue 6 stars, I would. Again, just absolutely brilliant.

Prat Paris Start 4 Genuine Leather Presentation Case, Zippered Multi-ring Binder with Ten 17" x 14" Archival Sheet Protectors, Cover Color: Black
Offered by Get Smart Products
Price: $74.50
5 used & new from $74.50

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Nicest Presentation Cases on the Market., June 17, 2015
I openly admit, I use Itoya's Profolio Professional line almost exclusively for prints that are 13x19 and smaller. Unfortunately, Itoya doesn't make an 18x24 version in the Profolio Professional line. Itoya does offer an 18x24 in some of their other lines, but those options are below the level of quality I look for with portfolios and presentation cases. Hence I needed to go outside Itoya for my 18x24 prints. I tried quite a few different models, from a handful of different companies, and was never really fully content with the overall cost and quality....well, that is until I tried Prat's Start 4 Presentation Case. Make no mistake about it, the Start 4 is one of the highest quality portfolio's on the market.

First and foremost, the cover is made with real high quality leather. The cover is soft, has a beautiful appearance, and the seam work is just top notch. I have never been a fan of hard polypropylene covers as they just look cheap and feel cheap in your hands. Nice leather covers on the other hand, like this cover, are just a real pleasure to hold and look through. Not only does the leather give a beautiful appearance, it's also extremely comfortable to hold and look through. The cover is also slightly padded, which just adds to the overall comfort of holding the portfolio and looking through the artwork contained within. Basically, you get a sense of the overall quality of this presentation case just from picking it up and touching it.

The Interior is just as nice as the exterior. The internal ring mechanism is extremely high in quality and the pages are very similar to Itoya's Polyglass pages, which are some of the highest quality pages on the market. It comes with 10 pages to start with (20 prints) and additional pages can be purchased in packs of 5 or 10. According to Prat, this presentation case is rated to hold up to 30 sheets (60 prints), but personally, I never go above 50 prints per portfolio or 25 pages, especially for larger cases/portfolios like 18x24. They just get too heavy and unwieldy. My advice would be to see what the portfolio is like with 25 filled pages (50 prints) before adding another 5 pages (10 prints). I now own 3 of these cases and 25 pages is the perfect amount in my opinion. Of course, others might feel differently on the matter so again, I would recommend filling it with 50 prints and then decide whether to add an additional 10 prints. This case is also fitted with an internal elastic band, which is a feature lacking from a lot of presentation cases. It keeps the pages in place while stored. Unless its stored flat, larger pages can actually begin to sag and droop over the years. the elastic band prevents that from happening.

Overall, the Start 4 is definitely one of the more expensive options on the market, but that is because its one of the highest quality options on the market. You get what you pay for and the Start 4 is definitely worth every last penny! I am both a professional photographer and an avid print collector and the single best advice I can give to people is not to skimp on the storage side. At just $50-$100 per print, your looking at an overall value of $2500 to $5000, with a full 50 print portfolio. With that in mind, ask yourself if spending $150-$200 is really too much when your storing that kind of value in it? The $150-$200 price point only adds around $3 to $4 to the cost of each print. Personally, I just couldn't imagine putting that kind of value into a cheap $50 portfolio. Again, the best advice I can give is to buy a quality portfolio/presentation case like the Start 4. Not only will it protect your prints better, but it also makes looking through your prints a more enjoyable experience.

Bottom line - They say you can't judge a book by its cover, but this is one of the rare cases where that just isn't the case as this is one book that definitely can be judged by the cover. The Start 4 is a very high quality/high end presentation case. Everything about it just screams quality. Its become my go to presentation case for 18x24 prints. If your looking for a high end presentation case...this is definitely one of the best options on the market. Its definitely pricer than your average presentation case, but its worth every lasts penny and then some.

5 stars!

[Apple MFi Certified] Stalion® Stable iPhone 2G / 3G / 3GS / 4 / 4S 30 Pin USB Sync Cable & Charging Dock Cord [Lifetime Warranty](White)(6.5 Feet/2 Meter) High Speed Data Sync iPad 1 / iPad 2nd Gen / iPad 3rd Gen / iPod Touch 1st / Touch 2nd / Touch 3rd / Touch 4th Gen / iPod Nano 4th / 5th / 6th Generation
Offered by Stalion Products INC
Price: $10.99
2 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Appears to be a nice solid cord., May 16, 2015
I own a really large cloth covered tool bag from Stanley that I use to store all of my extra cords. It literally weighs like 30 pounds and is absolutely chock full of every cord imaginable. RCA cables, audio cables, coaxial cables, HDMI cables, adaptors, speaker wire, Apple microphones, various power cords, charging cables, external hard Drive cords, old school VCR cables, and the list goes on and on and on. Honestly I don't think there is a single audio/video cord in existence that isn't in that bag. there are actually cords in there that I have no clue what they go to.

Anyways, I haven't used my various iPods in a long time, at least 10-12 months, so when I finally decided to pull them out and start using them agin, I was at a complete loss as I couldn't find my various iPod charging cords. I decided to look in that bag and while I was at it, get rid of an many cords as possible. For example, I must have had at least 15+ RCA cords which I received when buying various DVD players throughout the years. Unfortuantely, most of the cords in that case are literally brand new. So I decided to give all the old/used cords to the Salvation Army and kept most of the brand new cords for myself, even tho I will probably never use the vast majority of them. Anyways, I finally stumbled onto the bulk of my iPod charging cords, but unfortunately they were in really bad shape. I don't know what chemical's Apple used in their old cords, but whatever they used, it had started to break down the rubber coating. they were just super sticky, as if someone had poured a light layer of syrup on them and then let them dry. I immediately got on Amazon and order replacement cords for all of my iPods.

One of the cords I purchased was the [Apple MFi Certified] Stalion cable and I was definitely impressed. It really feels like a high quality cord and best of all, the exterior rubber coating is really soft, which makes rolling the cord up incredibly easy. I have been using it for a few weeks now and have absolutely zero complaints. If your looking for charging cord for your iPod, Stalion cords are definitely one of the nicer option. Not to mention the cords were pretty inexpensive. I just hope the same thing doesn't happen with these cords.

Highly recommended!

Batman: The Killing Joke, Deluxe Edition
Batman: The Killing Joke, Deluxe Edition
by Alan Moore
Price: $9.24
133 used & new from $5.23

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Classics......, May 16, 2015
Alan Moore's Batman: the Killing Joke is easily one of my favorite comic stories of all time. Its definitely a bit darker than most comic fare, but that is exactly why its become so hugely popular. I won't give any spoilers away, just in case there are comic readers out there that still haven't read it. that being said, if your a fan of Batman and the Joker.....well you should consider this an absolute must buy. I already own the comics in which this story played out, but when I discovered they had a hard cover edition on sale, it took me all of 60 seconds to order a copy. As much as I enjoy collecting regular comics, there is just nothing like a nice hard cover!

Again, if your a Batman/Joker fan and haven't already read this story....well, it really should be the very next book you buy. this is really about as good as storytelling gets in comics. All in all, an absolute must buy for all Batman/Joker fans.

Kotobukiya Marvel Spider Woman Bishoujo Action Figure
Kotobukiya Marvel Spider Woman Bishoujo Action Figure
Offered by game_city
Price: $64.36
16 used & new from $63.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily one of the more unique statue lines currently available!, May 16, 2015
I am a bit late to the game when it comes to Kotobukiya's Bishoujo line, but this is definitely a case of better late than never as these statues are without a doubt some of the more unique super hero statues on the market. One of my favorite aspects to these statues is that most of them have very dynamic poses. I have never been a fan of statues that have the character just standing there in a basic pose. the more dynamic the better in my book and Koto certainly doesn't disappoint in this regard. One of my favorite comic artists of all time is the late Michael Turner and one of the main reasons is due to the kinetic energy most of his artwork contained. Characters literally feel like they are about to jump right off the page. A perfect example is Michael Turner's Ms. Marvel #1 variant cover. She really feels like she's about to jump right off the cover. Well, the same can be said of Kotobukia's Bishoujo line. They all appear to be right in the middle of some dynamic motion/action which really makes them some of the more exciting statues on the market. This effect is really multiplied by the crazy hair styles that Kotobukiya normally uses. Spider-Woman and Starfire are perfect examples of the crazy Koto hair. It really reinforces that kinetic energy and movement that these statues possess.

Another aspect of these statues that I love is the paint that Koto uses. Not only are their paint jobs always top notch, they also use a lot of shiny and metallic paints which ultimately add just an extra oomph of visual flair. Spider-Woman is a perfect example as the shiny red paint on her costume just pops and looks absolutely amazing. If you were to replace that paint with some normal dull red paint, the end result just would't be the same. Another great example is the recent Batwoman statue. the shiny/metallic paint on that piece really makes all the difference in the world.

If I have one complaint about Kotobukiya's Bishoujo line, it would be that their not limited editions. While they do offer certain variants of particular statues, usually at shows like the San Diego Comic Con, which are limited editions. the basic line itself is not limited. As a longtime collector of both Sideshow statues and limited edition prints/lithographs, there is just something about limited editions that I find extremely appealing. A lot of that has to do with knowing exactly how many pieces exist out in the world. If I had the choice between an open edition and a limited edition which cost a little bit more money, I would take the limited edition each and every time. I sincerely hope that Kotobukiya changes this aspect of the line and starts making them limited editions. Of course, the main benefit to open editions is the company can produce as many as they want, but that really doesn't change with limited editions as all the company has to do is make a small change to statue (usually dealing with color), and they can just as easily produce a 2nd edition of the same exact statue. They can really make as many editions as they want, so long as some aspect of the statue is changed, to distinguish it from the other editions. So producing limited editions by no means limits Koto to producing just a set amount, which makes thier choice to go with open editions a bit confusing, especially given how popular limited editions are today.

Anyways, even with this line being mostly open edition, Kotobukiya's Bishoujo line is again, one of the more unique lines of super hero statues currently on the market and considering I mainly focus on female super heroes, both with comics and statues, its a line that is literally right up my alley. The Spider Woman statue is a bit smaller than their other statues, but that is only due to her crouching down pose, which is actually one of my favorite aspects to this statue. Its a perfect pose for this character.

Bottom line - Between the beautiful paint job, the amazing colors, the dynamic pose, and her crazy flowing hair....well, they all add up to one amazing Spider Woman Statue. In my opinion, the Bishoujo line is not only one of the more unique statue lines on the market, but its also one of the more entertaining statue lines on the market. They really are just a joy to look at and Spider Woman certainly doesn't disappoint in this regard. All in all, Kotobukiya did an amazing job on Spider Woman and no Bishoujo collector should be without it.

5 Stars!!

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey [Blu-ray]
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Neil Degrasse Tyson
Offered by amazingmedia
Price: $31.08
45 used & new from $18.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding in Every Sense of the Word!!!, April 13, 2015
I will openly admit, Neil Degrasse Tyson is no Carl Sagan. The original Cosmos was one of the single greatest series every produced for television and a large part of that was due to Carl Sagan. He was just an exceptional speaker and his excitement for astronomy was infectious. That opening 15 minutes of the first episode was simply breathtaking. Here are 2 of my favorite statements made during that opening:

“The Cosmos is all that is or was or ever will be. Our contemplations of the Cosmos stir us -- there is a tingling in the spine, a catch in the voice, a faint sensation, as if a distant memory, of falling from a great height. We know we are approaching the greatest of mysteries.”

"in a ship of the imagination, unfettered by ordinary limits of speed and size, drawn by the music of cosmic harmonies. It can take us anywhere in space and time. Perfect as a snowflake, organic as a dandelion seed, it will carry us to worlds of dreams and worlds of facts. Come with me. . . ."

It wasn't the background or some amazing CGI that made that opening so powerful, it was Carl Sagan's passion and his ability to convey that passion though his incredible speaking ability. I am a HUGE fan of Neil Degrasse Tyson, but he just doesn't convey that same sense of passion that Sagan did. He has a much more monotone method of speaking so you really didn't get that same level of passion or excitement that the original series gave you.

That being said, this updated version of Cosmos was still brilliant and Neil Degrasse Tyson did a great job with the series. We have learned so much more since the original Cosmos aired so there was a legitimate need for this updated version. This series was just hugely entertaining, incredibly interesting, and the updated graphics/CGI were absolutely mind bending. These kinds of programs get kids interested in astronomy and this updated version of Cosmos was just a massive success all the way around. The people behind this series, many of which were behind the original series, should be very proud of their accomplishment. Just an outstanding job all the way around.

The bottom line - I immediately purchased this as soon as it was made available and have watched it multiple times since then. I am a space junkie and an amateur backyard astronomer and I can never get enough quality space documentaries. This really is a brilliant series all the way around and I can't possibly give it a higher recommendation. I know Sagan would have been 100% satisfied with this updated version and that is really the best compliment I can give this series. In all honesty, this series should be part of every public schools science curriculum. Yes, its that good!

5 Stars.

The Art of Blizzard Entertainment
The Art of Blizzard Entertainment
by Samwise Didier
Price: $48.48
79 used & new from $22.16

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Must Have Art Books for Gamers!, April 13, 2015
I have been collecting art books for well over 10+ years and gaming is definitely one of my favorite genre's for art books, probably due to the fact that gaming has played such a large role in my life. Unfortunately, many of the art books released in this genre are really mediocre at best, especially the smaller art books that get included with many special edition games. I really wish the gaming market in general would become far more serious about the overall quality of these books. That being said, there have been a small handful of releases that have been exemplary in every way possible and The Art of Blizzard Entertainment sits at the top of that small handful. this art book is epic in every sense of the word.

First and foremost, the book itself measures roughly 10x13, which is bit larger than most gaming art books. That of course is a very good thing! If there is any market where the saying "the bigger the better" holds true, its the art market (books, prints, etc.) and this book certainly doesn't disappoint in this regard. When you combine the overall size and the overall length, which is 376 pages....well, you ultimately wind up with one massive tome dedicated to Blizzard's artwork for Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft. It should really come as no surprise to Blizzard fans that they have some of the most talented artists in the entire gaming industry. Their in game cinematics have continually pushed the boundaries for in game cut scenes and are renowned the world over. I still watch the original World of Warcraft video from time to time and even 10+ years after initially seeing it....well, its still as breathtaking today as it was when it was first released.

Again, the titles covered in this art book are Blizzards 3 main IP's, those being Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft. For those familiar with these games, you know there is just a massive amount of artwork with which to choose from with these series and thankfully, Blizzard did an absolutely brilliant job choosing which artwork to include in this book. For those that have purchased previous art books, you will recognize a lot of artwork from previous books, but don't let that deter you as there is also a lot of new content in here, enough to make this a worthwhile purchase even for people that purchased previous art books. One could really think of this as the definitive edition. If you really have a problem with this, I would recommend selling your older copies and buying this version.

The book Itself is really quite beautiful. It has a nice quality cover and binding and the paper is actually nicer than I was expecting. Its just a quality art book all the way around. I really like the cover picture as well. They could have easily gone which a much more dynamic piece for the cover, but I actually really like this more basic approach. In my opinion, it really is a perfect cover piece. I usually put more stock in covers than I should, but thats just how I am. I just love beautiful covers and this one certainly doesn't disappoint. All in all, there are over 700 pieces of art in here including paintings, concept pieces and sketches. It also has invaluable insight and commentary by Nick Carpenter, Sam Didier, and Chris Metzenary all of whom have played an important role in making Blizzard the studio it is today.

The bottom line - The Art of Blizzard Entertainment is without question one of the best video game related art books I have ever purchased. Its just massive in scope and is definitely the one Blizzard art book you don't want to miss. Its chock full of beautiful paintings, sketches and concept work and has extremely entertaining insight from the people that have made Blizzard what it is today. Again, if owning previous volumes bothers you, due to much of the same artwork being used, sell your previous books and buy this one. I myself own all of the previous art books and while those are still amazing in their own right, this book trumps them all. If your a Blizzard fan, an art book fan, or just an avid gamer that enjoys looking at amazing video game artwork, you really owe it to yourself to add this to your collection. This is really the pinnacle of video game art books. It simply doesn't get any better than this.

5 Stars!

The Art of The Mass Effect Universe
The Art of The Mass Effect Universe
by Casey Hudson
Price: $27.19
77 used & new from $16.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! A Must Buy For Mass Effect Fans!, April 9, 2015
I openly admit, I am a Mass Effect junkie. Its my single favorite video game and I am absolutely enthralled with the characters and universe as a whole. When it comes to the overall quality and depth of a story, Bioware certainly doesn't disappoint. The sheer amount of lore and history they infuse with their games is truly amazing. Dragon Age: Inquisition is just the latest example. For those willing to take the time to really dig in, their game universes take on a level of depth and realism that most games can't come close to matching. Personally, I believe games like this have such amazing artwork because the overall quality of the story and universe inspires the artists. I see this sort of thing in the comic market all the time as certain titles and characters really bring out the best in the artists depicting them. Well, that is certainly the case with Mass Effect as the artwork that has been created for this series is nothing short of amazing.

I have collected just about every Mass Effect collectible that has come to market including the limited edition lithographs from Bioware. I actually have a few of the lithographs framed and up on my walls, including "The Team" lithograph which is actually the cover for this book. Its one of my favorite lithographs in the series and was definitely the perfect choice for the cover. All in all, this book is 184 pages and is chock full of amazing artwork from all 3 Mass Effect games. Concept art, character studies, weapons, vehicles, landscapes, ect. You find a little bit of everything in here, including highly insightful commentary. This is ultimately a perfect example of how to create a proper video game art book. Its just hugely satisfying and ultimately made me want to jump right back into the game.

Bottom line - Mass Effect moved me in a way that very few games have been able to match. It has one of the best rosters of characters in the entire history of gaming, has an absolutely brilliant story, and it has some of the best artwork ever to come out of a video game title. For fans of the series, this book should be considered absolutely mandatory. I am a big collector of art books and this is without question one of the best video game related art books I have ever seen come out of the gaming market. No matter what Mass Effect collectibles you may already own, your collection is simply incomplete without this book. Its just amazing in every sense of the word and really should be on every Mass Effect fan's bookshelf.

5 Stars and then some!!

Ganz Grumpy Cat Key Chain
Ganz Grumpy Cat Key Chain
Offered by RP Midwest
Price: $6.54
16 used & new from $1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, April 9, 2015
This review is from: Ganz Grumpy Cat Key Chain (Toy)
Ill make as simple as I can, if you know someone that is a fan of cats, in particular Grumpy Cat, get this keychain. Its actually a bit bigger than I was expecting it to be, which is ultimately a good thing! I have seen some keychains like this that were just too small. that is definitely not the case here. Its big enough to be able to enjoy it without having to hold it up to your face. I also like that it a soft rubber and not some hard plastic. It wont scratch up your dashboard or make a lot of noise banging against your keys. All in all, it really is perfect. I purchased this for my mother and she absolutely loved it.

Bottom line - I have to admit, Grumpy Cat is pretty hilarious and this keychain is really the perfect gift for Grump Cat fans, or fans of cats in general. Its a great size, appears pretty high in quality and most importantly, its made of soft rubber so again, it won't make noise banging up against your keys. Its just a great keychain for both Grumpy Cat fans and fans of cats in general.

5 Stars