Profile for OrangeCrush > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 370

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

OrangeCrush "Still shooting with Film!" RSS Feed (Farmington Hills, MI USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Wireless Controller + Play and Charge Kit - Xbox One
Wireless Controller + Play and Charge Kit - Xbox One
Offered by Great Price Fast Service
Price: $74.95
28 used & new from $59.71

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Why I Prefer My Xbox Over my Playstation., September 10, 2014
I have purchased every major console ever released in the US, with the one exception being the Wii U and I will probably buy that one as well somewhere down the line. When it comes to the companies themselves, I have no preferences. I understand that competition in the marketplace actually benefits gamers substantially as it keeps prices down and it spurs innovation. I have no favorites, I simply want access to the best games of each generation, regardless of what platform they are on. That being said, I definitely prefer gaming on my Xbox over my Playstation and it has absolutely nothing to do with liking one company more than the other and everything to do with the controller. I have never been a big fan of Sony's dual shock controller. While it works ok, I am just not a fan of the ergonomic aspect of the controller, at all! I start getting cramps in as little as 2-3 hours of gaming. Maybe its just me, but it just doesnt fit my hands well at all.

Enter the Xbox 360, which had the single best controller I have ever used before. Ergomically, it was nothing short of brilliant. It just fit perfectly, like the controller was an extension of your hand. I can game for 8+ hours straight on my 360 and I never have problems with hand cramps or fatigue. In over 30+ years of gaming, its without question the single best controller I had ever used. Its pretty amazing considering the controller the original Xbox had. MS just did an outstanding job designing the XBox 360 controller and its for this reason that I always purchased multiplatform games for my 360.

I will openly admit, I was really nervous when I heard that MS was making some changes to the Xbox 360 controller for the Xbox One. Except for the D Pad, which obviously needed improving, the controller was already perfect for me. When I heard that over 40 changes had been made, I really started to panic. How do you make 40 legimate improvments to a controller that was already near perfect? I thought for sure they were going to screw it up. Well, thankfully I am here to tell you that they definitely didn't screw it up. In fact, once again they have managed to make the most impressive controller I have ever seen. Basically, MS took a near perfect controller and....well, made it perfect.

First and foremost, I am thankful to say that the D Pad issues are now a thing of the past. The D Pad on the XBox One controller is top notch, exactly what the D Pad should have been on the 360 controller. It is highly responsive and is just a VAST improvment over the 360 D Pad. Ergonomically, the controller is better than ever and this was the one aspect of the new controller I was really nervous about. I though the overall shape of the 360 controller was absolutely perfect. I honestly didn't think it was possible to improve upon it, but I was definitely wrong. They took the 360 controller, made some small refinements to the overall size and shape and the end result, while small, is still an overall improvement. It feels better than ever in your hands. One of the best aspects of this redesign is definitely the batteries. The batteries no longer stick out at the bottom of the controller, they completely disappear inside the controller. This makes the underside of the controller far more comfortable. In all honesty, the batteries never really bothered me with the 360, but this is definitely a big improvment on this front. Putting the batteries on the inside, as opposed to attaching them to the underside by a small pack, just makes the controller that much more ergonomic and ultimately that much more comfortable to use.

Another big improvment is the addition of the new vibrating impulse triggers. Motors in each trigger provide precise gaming feedback. It may not sound like a big deal, but it really is a significant improvment over the 360 triggers. These motors can be used to give feedback in a variety of different gaming situations and are really a step forward in regards to the tactile aspects of handheld controllers. The thumbsticks now have a soft rubbery textured feel to them, which makes your fingers stick to the thumbesticks. While small, this is actually one of my favorite aspects to the new controller. The thumbsticks are just really comfortable on your finger tips.

The bottom line - MS has taken what was arguably the best controller ever made and made it even better. All in all, there are over 40 improvements in total, which is pretty incredible considering just how good the 360 controller really was. I didn't think it was even possible to improve upon it, yet MS has found over 40 ways to do just that and in the end, they make the Xbox One controller a legitmate improvement over the Xbox 360 controller. If your a fan of the XBox 360 controller, odds are you will absolutely love the XBox One Controller. In my opinion, its the single best controller ever designed. MS may have made some mistakes out of the gate with the XBox One, but the redesign of the Xbox 360 controller was absolutely not one of them. All in all, this is just an absolutely brilliant gaming controller.

5 Stars and then some!!

Terraria - Xbox 360
Terraria - Xbox 360
Price: $19.99
24 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Put, Amazing!!, September 3, 2014
This review is from: Terraria - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I wound up buying Terraria based on a recommendation of a friend. I had initially written it off as some sort of Minecraft clone and to be perfectly honest, I think I am one of the only people in the world that do not really care for Minecraft. I just have a really hard time getting past the low resolution textures and graphics. Anyways, one of my good gaming freinds told me that while it did have similar aspects to it, that of building and resource gathering, it had many aspects that made it very different from Minecraft. I am a big fan of 2D sidescrolling games in general so I decided to take a chance and bought it on Xbox Live Arcade. I basically spent the next week completely immersed in this game.

For those unaware, Terraria is basically a 2D sandbox style exploration game. One of the best aspects to Terraria is the world is randomly generated at the start of the game. This type of randomly generated world/dungeon is becoming more and more popular in the gaming world and for good reason. It significantly adds to the replayability of a particular game. Terraria does have many things in common with Minecraft. Like Minecraft, the heart of the game is exploring, collecting materials, and crafting an ever increasing number of items available to you. You start off in the forest, but Terraria has many different biomes with which to explore, each offering unique items with which to craft with. By the time you get 8-10 hours into Terraria, you will already have a large number of items that you can create, including various types of armor and weapons. One of the best items in the game is the rocket boots that one can craft. They allow one to traverse long distances in quick measure. Not to mention, its just fun flying around in rocket boots!

One of the biggest differences between Minecraft and Terraria lies in the fact that combat plays a much larger role in Terraria and that is ultimately one of my favorite asepcts about the game. On top of there being enemies galore, all over Terraria's map, you also have the added bonus of multiple boss monsters that one can summon at certain points in the game. The big eye you see on the XBox 360 Terraria box art is one of these bosses, The Eye of Cthulu. The bosses are definitely challenging, especially if your playing the game solo. Playing Terraria with friends is definitely fun, but I actually prefer to play solo a lot of the time as its a much more challenging game when your going it solo.

There is a small tutorial at the beginning of the game that gives you a basic idea of the games mechanics and how you go about collecting resources and building items, but its short and not very in depth. That actually wound up being one of my favorite aspects to Terraria, the fact that it just basically throws you into the world and you have to really figure everything out on your own. I can see where this might annoy some people, but I absolutely loved this aspect of the game. Slowly buy surely you learn more and more about the world of Terraria. Its just makes the whole exploration aspect to Terraria that much more exciting. Another interesting aspect to Terraria is the NPC's that populate the world. There are NPC's that will come and live in your shelter, but only if they have thier own furnished rooms. There are various NPC's, each offering various services including healing, selling items, etc. It definitey adds incentive for creating a really nice home base.

If there is one aspect of Terraria that I found disappointing, its that its completely void of any sort of story or quests. As amazing as Terraria is, it would have just been that much better if the game actually had a story and quests. Personally, I think that is the next step for this genre, adding a story and various quests. A Terraria styled RPG, one that had a story and quests, now that would be an absolutely amazing game.

Bottom line - While Terraria definitely has a lot in common with Minecraft, it is most definitely not just another Minecraft clone. Terraria takes some of the best aspects of Minecraft, adds its own unique qualities, and ultimately creates a completely different kind of crafting/sandbox style game. I had serious doubts about wether I would enjoy this game, and then I wound up sinking like 100 hours into it in the first couple weeks alone. If you enjoy sandbox style games or games that have exploring at the center, then I highly recommend you give Terraria a try. Its one of the best games I have played yet on Xbox Live Arcade.

5 Stars!

Dejah Thoris 2014 Wall Calendar
Dejah Thoris 2014 Wall Calendar
by Various
Edition: Calendar
Price: $11.79
14 used & new from $3.55

5.0 out of 5 stars All in All, A Great Calandar!, August 24, 2014
I am a huge fan of comic art and definitely prefer to buy prints over comic's, that is of course if prints are available for a particular piece of comic art. Unfortunately, one of the downsides to the art print side of the comic industry is that only a small percentage of covers/comic art actually wind up being made into prints. Some companies and artists, including Dynamite, dont produce prints at all (I am hoping that changes in the near future as Dynamite already has a HUGE portfolio of amazing covers that I would LOVE to see made into prints!). For me, that is where calandars come into the picture. They are a great low cost option for obtaining some of that comic art in a larger print style format.

The vast majority of calandars are roughly 12" x 12", basically right in the middle between comics and comic prints. Modern comics are roughly 10.5" x 7" and most comic art prints are either 11x17 or 13x19. So again, size wise calandars are basically right inbetween comics and comic prints. I first started collecting comic calandars like 3 years ago with J. Scott Campbells Fairy Tale Fantasies calendars. I was really surprised at the overall quality. Given the advances we have seen in printing technology over the last 10+ years, calandars like these are now surprisingly high in quality. Dont get me wrong, calandars are definitely a step down from most art prints being produced, but they are still high enough in quality to make thier purchase worthwhile.

You have a couple options in regards to what to do with calendars like this. You can keep them exactly as they are, in which case they become like a really small soft cover art book, or you can take the calandar apart and cut away the actual calandar part, in which case they become like individual 12 x 12 art prints. Once you have them cut free, you can put them into a portfolio, display them on a wall or even matt and frame them. I matted and framed one of the J Scott Campbell pages from his 2013 Fairy Tale Fantasies calandar and it looks great. Nobody would ever know it came from a calandar unless I told them. All in all, I have become a big fan of calandars like this. Again, they are just a great low cost option for obtaining some nice comic art in a print like format. Higher quality images are usually selected for calandars so that just makes them that much better.

As for this particular calendar, it has a really nice selection of Dejah Thoris images. Of the 12 images included, I consider 10 of them to be high quality images. The other 2 are mediocre in my book. In particular the J. Scott Campbell, Lucio Parrillo and Joe Jusko images are really the highlights of this set of images and the overall quality of the calandar itself is impressive. I actually wound up getting this for 66% off the cover price, so it was definitely one of the better deals I have gotten over the last few months. In all honesty, even at the full MSRP this calandar is definitely worth it.

Bottom line - If your a fan of comic art then you should really give calandars a try. You can keep the calandar as it is, in which case its like a 12 page soft cover art book or you can cut away each of the images, in which case its basically like buying twelve 12" x 12" lower quality prints. I say lower quality only in regards to the quality of the paper. Art prints are usually printed on higher quality archival paper. Calandars are printed on lower quality, non archival paper. The image quality however is still top notch. Even at full price, its only like paying $1.25 for each image. Given that most art prints run between $25 and $50 each, its a pretty hard deal to beat given what your getting! If you do wind up going with the print option, don't use scissors to cut them away. Use a paper trimmer. If you don't own one, you can buy a lower end paper trimmer for very little money. Fiskars makes an inexpensive lower end paper trimmer that would be more than suitable for this task. Of course, you can always just use them as they were intended, as a calendar!

5 stars!

Art of Vampirella: The Dynamite Years HC
Art of Vampirella: The Dynamite Years HC
by Eric S. Trautmann
Price: $28.79
38 used & new from $24.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Trust Me, If Your a Fan of Vampirella.....Buy This Book!, August 23, 2014
This is the 3rd Vampirella Art book that Dynamite has released. The first art book was The Art of Vampirella, the 2nd art book was the Art of Vampirella: The Warren Years and now comes this 3rd art book, The Art of Vampirella: The Dynamite Years. I was really impressed with the first 2 art books so for me, ordering the 3rd art book was a no brainer. For those that are unaware, Dynamite purchased the Vampirella rights back in March of 2010 from Harris Publications. Selling the rights to Vampirella was a huge mistake in my book, but it's ultimately one I am glad Harris made as Dynamite has done a remarkable job with this series since acquiring it. The series had really gone downhill in the latter years at Harris. It wasn't necessarily bad, but it certainly wasn't very good either. Clearly Harris had lost faith in the franchise and Dynamite saw a perfect opportunity to add an iconic female comic character to its portfolio. All in all, it was without question one of Dynamite's best acquisitions yet.

Dynamite certainly didn't waste any time as their first Vampirella series debuted just 8 months later in November of 2010 and they didn't hold anything back. That Vampirella #1 issue had some outstanding covers including two amazing Alex Ross covers, one of which is one of my favorite Vampirella covers of all time, not to mention great covers by J. Scott Campbell, Fabiano Neves, and Joe Madureira. Including all of the different variants, there were ultimately 15 different #1 covers released, most of which were absolutely amazing covers. Clearly Dynamite wanted to send a very strong message to Vampirella fans and as one of those fans, I can tell you first hand that it absolutely worked. The week those #1 issues hit shelves...well, I hadn't been that excited about the Vampirella franchise in a very LONG time and fortunately for fans, that was just the start of what would ultimately become one of Vampirella's best runs yet, especially in regards to covers.

What makes this art book such a treat is it contains every single cover from Dynamite's 2010 Vampirella series. What a great move by Dynamite, to include every single cover in the entire series run. They didn't leave anything to subjectivity, they just included the entire cover run in a single book. I really wish some of the other comic companies out there would follow suit on this one. I openly admit that the art is really my favorite aspect of the comic industry. As much as I enjoy the stories, its really the art that keeps me coming back. I actually prefer art prints over the comics themselves, when available, for this very reason (if only someone could convince Dynamite to start producing limited edition prints!!). So I for one really appreciate what Dynamite has done with this art book and I really hope its something we see in future art books as well. Personally, I would love to see Dynamite start releasing art books that focused exclusively on full page cover runs for entire series runs. I would buy one for Warlord of Mars, Red Sonja/Queen Sonja, and Dejah Thoris without hesitation.

In regards to the quality of the artwork, this is without question one of Dynamite's best books yet and that is a direct result of the amazing cover's this series has had, from start to finish. At 240 pages, this is the largest of the 3 Vampirella art books released to date (The Art of Vampirella: The Warren Years was 200 pages and The Art of Vampirella was 216 pages). One of my favorite aspects to this book is without question the Lucio Parrillo covers. Lucio is my single favorite comic artist working today and his work with Dynamite has been absolutely sublime! As I wrote in my Amazon review on Lucio Parrillo's art book, I consider Lucio's cover runs with Dynamite to be the best cover runs I have ever seen from a single artist before, in the entire history of the comic industry. Each cover is absolutely breathtaking and they just got better and better with each successive issue. I personally consider Lucio's Vampirella #19 cover, which is included in this book, to be the single sexiest comic cover ever produced and the single greatest Vampirella cover ever produced. Its just the perfect rendition of this character. Since this book contains the complete cover run, it also contains Lucio's complete Vampirella cover run. That in itself made the book a worthwhile purchase for me. Of course, there is a LOT more here than just Lucio's covers. You have amazing covers from Ale Garza, Joe Jusko, Fabiano Neves, J. Scott Campbell, Jelena Kevic-Djurdjevic, Paul Renaud, etc. All in all, Vampirella's 2010 series run was without question one of the most impressive cover runs I have seen yet in this industry. A pretty impressive feat given this was Dynamite's first Vampirella series and its all contained in this art book.

In regards to the quality of the book itself, this falls right in line with Dynamites previous Vampirella art book releases. Its got a nice quality binding, mid-level quality paper, which is what you should expect with any art book that has a price tag below $60, and a nice quality glossy cover. Dynamite definitely doesn't disappoint in regards to quality. For the price, your getting a quality art book that will last a very long time if properly taken care of.

Bottom line - Vampirella is definitely one of my favorite female comic figures and Dynamite did just an outstanding job in its first series at the helm. Vampirella's 2010 series had one of the strongest cover runs I have ever seen from a comic before and that entire cover run is included here. Just top notch marks all the way around, definitely one of Dynamites best art books yet. I can't possibly give this book a higher recommendation! If your a fan of Vampirella....well, as I said in the title of this review.....BUY THIS BOOK!

5 Stars and then some!!

by Lucio Parrillo
Edition: Perfect Paperback
6 used & new from $37.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!!, August 18, 2014
I was first introduced to Lucio Parrillo's work through Dynamite's Red Sonja series. To say I was hooked from the very first cover I saw would be a massive understatement. I immediately fell in love with the overall style and quality of his work. By the time Dynamite started their Queen Sonja, Vampirella and Warlord of Mars series back in 2009 and 2010, Lucio had become my single favorite artist in the entire comic industry and while Lucio's initial Red Sonja work was amazing in its own right, his work with Queen Sonja, Warlord of Mars, and Vampirella was simply mind blowing!! In my opinion, and I do not say this lightly, Lucio's Queen Sonja, Vampirella, and Warlord of Mars cover runs are without question the strongest cover runs I have ever seen before in the comic industry. Each and every cover he did for those series was just absolutely breathtaking and he just continued to raise the bar with each successive issue. I personally consider his Vampirella #19 cover to be the single sexiest comic cover ever produced, in the entire history of the comic market. Its just absolutely brilliant and is the single best Vampirella rendition I have ever seen. Given the sheer number of quality artists that have drawn Vampirella at one point or another, that is really saying something. What I would do to own the Vampirella #19 original.

One of my favorite aspects to Lucio's work is the fact that he paints all of his covers (oil paint is his preferred medium). With more and more artists going digital with each passing year, Its just really refreshing to see artists that still use mediums like painting. Oil paintings tend to have a 3 dimensional quality to them, due to the varying thinckness of the paint strokes. This ultimately gives his work a really unique quality. I personally find Lucio's work to be the perfect cross between realism and comics and its this balance that gives Lucio his signature style.

Anyways, if there is an artist out there that deserved a book, its Lucio Parrillo. Unfortunately, the book itself leaves a bit to be desired as its a relatively small book, weighing in at just 64 pages in length. On top of that, a hard cover version was never made available and that is definitely the format I prefer for all of my art books. I am just not a big fan of soft cover books as they just don't hold up as well over long periods of time. That being said, the work in this book is so amazing that it more than makes up for the books shortcomings. Many of the art books that get released are padded with medicore work. Dynamite's Art of Red Sonja is a perfect example. Its 208 pages, but roughly 30% of the work included in the book is mediocre at best and could have been taken out altogether. Lucio's book may be smaller than the artbooks were used to seeing from the comic industry, but its packed cover to cover with outstanding artwork. There is absolutely no filler here. Each and every piece of art in this book deserves to be there. The size of the book is 9" x 12", which is a great size for an art book.

Bottom line - While the book itself leaves a bit to be desired, the quality of the artwork inside the book is so amazing, that it more than makes up for the books shortcomings. Again, there is absolutely no filler here, just one amazing piece of artwork after another. If your a fan of Lucio Parrillo then this book should be your very next purchase. If your unfamiliar with Lucio Parrillo then this book should be your very next purchase. Basically, if you don't already own this book and your a fan of comic art, then it should be your very next purchase!! Trust me, you wont regret it. This book is, cover to cover, some of the best female comic art ever produced. Now if only Lucio would start producing high quality limited edition prints!!

All in all, just an absolutely brilliant body of work!!

5 Stars!!

E. Gerber Full-Back Standard Comic Size Acid-Free Backing Boards 7" x 10 1/2" Pack of 50
Offered by Downtown Games
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $16.17

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Comic Boards on the Market!, August 15, 2014
Gerber makes two different kinds of comic boards, Full-Back's & Half-Backs. The difference between the two lies in thier thickness. Basically, Full-Backs are twice as thick as Half-Backs, or put another way Half-Backs are half the thickness of Full-Backs. Both brands are alkaline buffered acid-free board. In case your unaware, if you use boards that aren't alkaline buffered and acid free, they will wind up damaging your comic. The acid in the board will actually stiffen your comics and turn the paper brittle.

I used to use ComiCare Polypropelyene bags and ComicCare Backer Boards, but I recently switched to using Gerber's Mylites2's and Mylites4's with Full-Back boards. I have been collecting comics for 30+ years, but I had never heard of Mylites bags or Full-Back/Half-Back boards before, probably because none of the local comic shops carried them and I always purchased my bags and boards locally. Then I won an auction like 9 months back on eBay for some older Wonder Woman comics. I was absolutely blown away when I opened up the package. The comics looked amazing. As anyone that has used Mylites bags can attest, the bags are just CRYSTAL clear, especially compared to Polypropylene bags. Again, I was just floored at how amazing the comics looked, not to mention how sturdy they were. I immeditaly emailed the seller and asked him what brand of bags and boards he used and they wound up being Mylites2's with Full-Back boards. Needless to say, I now use Mylites bags (both 2's and 4's) w/Full-Back boards exclusively and am in the process of switching out all of my ComiCare bags and boards with Mylites and Full-Backs.

Personally, I recommend going the Full-Back route over using Half-Back's as I really like the extra support the Full-Back's provide. Its important to note that due to the extra thickness, you wont be able to fit as many comic's in a box. Its really the only downside to using these boards. If space is a big issue then you might want to think about using Half-Backs instead.

All in all, these are without question some of the best boards in the entire comic market. I highly recommend using Mylites bags along with them. You won't regret it!

Mylites 2 Mil Comic Book Standard Size 7 1/4" x 10 1/2" Plus 1-1/2" Flap Pack of 50
3 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Without Question, The Highest Quality Comic Bags on the Market!, August 15, 2014
I am a bit late to the game when it comes to Gerber's Mylites bags and Halfback/Fullback boards. I have been collecting comics for roughly 30+ years and never really gave bags and boards much thought. Dont get me wrong, I always bag and board all of my comics. The way I see it, if a comic is worth buying, then its worth protecting. I just never gave the overall quality or brand much thought, that is until I won a particular auction on eBay. The auction was for some older Wonder Woman comics and the seller had them in Mylites 2's with Fullback boards. I had never seen a Mylites bag before and was absolutely blown away when I recieved those comics.

The main difference between regular comic bags and Mylites lies in the materials they are made with. Most of the comic bags on the market are made of Polypropylene. Mylites are made of Mylar. Its not that Polypropelene bags are necessarily bad, its just that Mylar is vastly superior in terms of protecting your comics. Here is some information on Mylar, taken directly from Gerber's website:

"How does Mylar, which is biaxially extruded polyester film, afford more protection? The poly-bags that most everyone sells are "blown" films, affording very low density and dimensional stability. Mylar is an extruded film that is simultaneously stretched in two directions to give it maximum strength. In fact, it resists penetration by gases, such as oxygen, 300 TIMES more than the poly-bags. As for strength and stability: it is also several hundred times stronger and more stable. Keep in mind, that we are not talking about 4 or 5 times better as compared to their price; we are talking about offering the kind of protection for 100 years which poly-bags cannot offer for even one year."

Advantages of Mylar® Type D Compared to Commonly Used Plastics:

1 - Resistance to diffusion of gases like oxygen, Carbon Dioxide, Sulfur Dioxide, etc. is 350 times greater than polyethylene.

2 - Permanence. There is no noticeable change in storage after 100 years compared to 2 to 5 years for others.

3 - Resistance to moisture, fungus, mold, mildew, acid, oils, grease, and solvents is "excellent" compared to "fair" for others.

4 - Strength and creep resistance is 10 times that of polyethylene, one-third the strength of steel.

5 - Volatile Additions--Mylar® contains no dangerous plasticizers, slip additives, surface coatings, antioxidants, acid-hydrolysis compared to other commonly used plastics

So basically Mylar bags offer VASTLY superior protection for your comics than Polypropylene bags and while this is definitely a big selling point, its not really the main reason why I switched to using Mylites bags. What Gerber's website fails to mention is just how much better your comics look inside these bags. The Mylites bags are just CRYSTAL clear compared to Poly-bags. The visual difference is nothing short of mind blowing. Its like comparing VHS to DVD or DVD to Blu Ray, and that is not an exaggeration. Once you get used to looking at comics inside of Mylites bags, you will have a very hard time going back to Poly-bags. Its like looking at your comics through a dirty window. This, above all else, is the main reason why I switched to Mylites bags. All of the other advantages are just a bonus in my book.

There are actually 2 different kinds of Mylites bags. There are Mylites2's and Mylites4's. Mylites 4's are basically twice the thickness of Mylites2's. I actually use both. I jump to Mylites4's for my really valuable comics and use Mylites2's for the rest. Also, if your going to use Mylites, then I highly recommend using Gerber's backing boards as well. They have 2 different kinds of backing boards, Fullbacks and Halfbacks. Halfbacks are basically half as thick as fullbacks. Beyond that, they are 100% identical. I personally use Fullback boards as I really like the extra thickness. It just provides that much more stability and protection.

Bottom line - Gerber's Mylites bags are without question the best comic bags on the market. They will cost you more money, but they are absolutely worth the extra cost. Of course, you don't have to use Mylites all the time. If cost is an issue, than you can always continue using Poly-bags and only use Mylites for your more valuable comics. I myself use Mylites exclusively now as I have gotten so used to the high visual quality that Poly-bags simply no longer cut it for me. Again, Poly-bags for me are like looking through a dirty window. Once you get used to that quality, its very hard going back. If your serious about your comics then Mylites bags are without question the way you should go. Trust me, you wont be disappointed!!

5 Stars!!

Mylites 2 Mil Comic Book Silver & Golden Age Size 7 3/4" x 10 1/2" Plus 1-1/2" Flap Pack of 50
Offered by Ready-Set-Collect
Price: $18.95
5 used & new from $13.95

Advantages of Mylar® Type D Compared to Commonly Used Plastics:

5 Stars!!

Frosted Pane Shelf White Linen Cabinet 2 Drawer 2 Bathroom Storage Cabinet. Great for Bath Shelving and Extra Space.
Offered by Numoon Collection
Price: $138.03
8 used & new from $131.57

4.0 out of 5 stars All in All, A Very Nice Cabinet...., July 22, 2014
Our upstairs bathroom is actually pretty small in size, so I was looking for a smaller cabinet, one that was no more than 15" wide and 35" high. I narrowed the field down to 2 units, including this one. I ultimately wound up going with this unit as I really liked the frosted glass door and the fact it had 2 drawers. The other unit I was looking at was just a straight shelving unit. I finally placed my order and it arrived a couple days later.

Its important to note that this unit is pretty heavy in its package. If you have any disabilities or have difficulty lifting heavy packages, your definitey going to want someone there to help you get the package inside. Once I had it inside, I just tore open the box and carried the individual pieces upstairs instead of trying to lift the entire packaged unit upstairs. Once I had everything upstairs I proceeded to put the unit together. I have a decent amount of expereince with this kind of build it yourself furniture. All in all I would rate this unit somewhere in the middle in regards to overall time and difficulty in putting it together.

The first thing you should do is grab a pen/sharpie and mark off all of the pieces on the parts page to make sure you arent missing any items. I was actually missing one of the longer screws for one of the drawers, but I have a toolbox that is filled with misc stuff like picture hangers, screws, etc. and was able to find a suitable replacement so that was nice as nothing is worse than buying this kind of furniture, opening it all up with the intention of putting it together, and not being able to due to missing pieces. You either have to exchange the item, or get a replacement item sent out from the company. Either way is a pain, but that is simply one of the risks of this kind of furniture. Thankfully, my missing screw didn't wind up being a big deal.

Anyways, once you have confirmed that all of your pieces are there, I highly recommend laying them out in an area on the floor as every piece in this kit is designated a letter (A, B, C, D, E, etc.). The first 12 or so letters are all the smaller pieces like screws, anchors, handles, etc. Laying them out in thier alphabetical order makes it easier to go along with the directions and they refer to everything by thier letter. For example, it will say something like "take 4 screws (A) and attach the 4 metal floor stands (M) to the bottom piece of wood (S)". So having everything laid out in alphebetical order makes it very easy to grab the pieces needed for each step. If you don't do this you will be searching for the pieces you need with each successive step. Best to just lay them out in alphabetical order. Its important to note that these directions were not the best directions I have ever seen. There are a couple of instances where the drawing is clearly off. For example, when your attaching the magnetic plate that keeps the door shut, the directions are just off in regards to where your supposed to screw it into. Don't worry tho, as you can figure it out by where the pre drilled holes are. Just take your time and you should be able to figure everything out.

I did run into one serious issue when building this. The bottom drawer would not close all the way due to one of the screws, one that was used to screw the drawer track in place. The door was running into one of the back screws, which stopped the drawer from closing all the way. I used a drill and that screw just wouldn't go in any farther. If I had been able to screw the screw in just a tad bit farther, there wouldnt have been a problem. I wound up improvising as there was a 2nd hole in the drawer track. It was roughly an inch farther down from the one your supposed to use and that hole was actually a bit wider than the one your supposed to use. I took a drill bit and drilled a hole through that 2nd hole, one that was deep enough for the screw to be screwed in farther. It worked perfectly. The only difference is one of the screws on the bottom drawer is an inch farther down than it was supposed to be. In the end, it simply wasn't a big deal as I was able to improvise and the drawer works perfectly. Of course, I never should have had to do that in the first place and some other people might have had a much harder time finding a fix. I don't know if this is a common problem with this unit or if I just got unlucky. All of the other 7 screws for the drawers went in far enough for the drawer to close so I don't really understand why the 8th one wouldn't. Oh well, again, in the end everything worked out.

All in all, it took me around 45 minutes to an hour to put this together. Again, I would rank it somewhere in the middle in regards to overall time and difficulty in putting it together. If you have expereince with this kind of furniture, you shouldn't have any problems. It really is a nice looking cabinet when all is said and done and is absolutely perfect for smaller bathrooms. The biggest problem I have with this unit is the overall cost as this unit is definitely a bit overpriced. Personally, I think $99.99 would be a far more reasonable price. That said, the wife and I absolutely LOVE the cabinet now that its finished. It really was the perfect size for our bathroom and it really does look nice. It also appears to be pretty sturdy. The directions suggest you anchor this unit to your wall, but we didn't and its perfectly stable. As small as this unit is, it actually holds a LOT more than I thought it was going to. The main reason we got this is because our bathroom counter was just cluttered with misc bathroom crap. Razors, shaving cream, lotions, mouth wash, hair products, etc. We cleared off our entire bathroom counter, which was quite a bit of stuff, and there is still plenty of room left. You basically get 2 shelves and 2 drawers, plus the top of the unit itself. The frosted glass just looks really nice! There is just something about frosted glass and bathrooms.

All in all we are really happy that we went with this unit. I ultimately gave this unit 4 stars instead of 5 stars for these reasons:

1 - It is a bit overpriced. $99.99 would be a far more reasonable price for this unit.
2 - The directions could be better, especially the drawings of where certain parts go.
3 - It was missing a screw
4 - I had to improvise to get the bottom drawer to shut all the way.

While we really love this unit, but 5 stars just didnt seem right given those issues. In the end, I am 100% satisfied with my decision to go with this unit and if I had the chance to choose again, I would definitely make the same choice. Its just a great unit for smaller bathrooms, one that will give you a lot of extra storage space. On top of that, it really is a nice looking cabinet. If your looking for a smaller cabinet for your bathroom and are willing to pay a bit more, then this is definitely the cabinet I would recommend.

4 stars!