Profile for dk409 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

dk409 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
110V 6W Multi-function LED Under Cabinet Lighting Fixture - Angle Adjustable LED Mirror Light - Warm White 90 LEDs - Toughened Glass Aluminum Housing 120° Beam Angle for Cabinet, Bathroom, Accent Lighting
Offered by Torchstar
Price: $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great lights. Wired in place of old fluorescent under ..., May 6, 2015
Great lights. Wired in place of old fluorescent under cabinet lights. I like that you can tilt them to point outward about 15 degrees. These are a nice warm color rather than the harsh blue from fluorescent. The wiring connections are a little bit cheap feeling, but once in place they hold the wires fine. Most of the body is aluminum and feels sturdy while also being light. One improvement might be to add some sort of diffuser to the glass. Sometimes I can see the reflection of individual LEDs on the counter top. This would be easy as the glass slides right out and a film can be applied.

fitTek® Viltrox Optical Glass LCD Screen Protector for Canon EOS 550D T2i DSLR (2 PCS) + fitTek® Cleaning Cloth
Offered by boserous
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars This two pack is great because I know I have a spare, May 6, 2015
These are in fact JYC brand glass protectors, at least that is what I received. They work as expected. I had one of these on my T2i and it recently cracked on a trip. This two pack is great because I know I have a spare. They each come with a decent microfiber cloth about 5"x5".

FosPower FUSE World-Wide Universal AC International Adapter Travel Charger with Dual [3.1A] USB Charging Ports (US UK EU AU) - Black
Offered by FosPower
Price: $16.95
3 used & new from $16.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great and charges a Galaxy S4 very fast, May 6, 2015
Used in France and Belgium. Works great and charges a Galaxy S4 very fast. After 2 nights, the blue LED started to flicker and now it does not come on at all. It has not affected the performance of the charger though.

Sporto Mens Microfiber Memory Foam Indoor/Outdoor Clog Slipper,NAVY/GREY,XL
Sporto Mens Microfiber Memory Foam Indoor/Outdoor Clog Slipper,NAVY/GREY,XL

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small, December 9, 2014
I wear a 13 and the XL is too small by at least a whole size. Because i walk on the heels, the material is already starting to rip up. They are very warm and comfortable, however the quality of construction is very poor. I will probably glue it down with some epoxy or the like once it fully rips up. Buy a size up or look elsewhere though. Not worth the time to return or exchange on sub $6 slippers.

adidas Men's Sport Performance Climalite 2-Pack Boxer Brief, Black/Black, Medium
Price: $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good hiking boxers, August 28, 2014
I needed something that wasn't cotton for hiking. These fit the bill perfectly. They are synthetic so they dry very fast. They stay in place and don't ride up.

The cons for me are lack of a front flap. It makes peeing in the woods slightly more annoying. They also are relatively tight in that region. The waist on mine fits alright and the legs are not too tight, however they could just offer some more room in the front area.

Probably would not purchase these again. I got them mainly as they were a 2 pack for a similar price as other 1 packs.

Signpost Ultralight Camping and Backpacking Canister Rocket Stove for Butane Canisters

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Stove, August 28, 2014
I bought this for backpacking. Although its heavier than an alcohol stove, it more than makes up for it in boil time. I used this with an Olicamp XTS pot and it boils water almost as fast as my stove at home. I didn't actually time it, but it was probably sub 5 minutes. I used it to boil about 12 cups of water on my trip. For these 12 cups, I only used 40 grams of fuel.

The legs are surprisingly stable. There was never a time when the pot looked like it was going to fall off.

For less than half the price of a pocket rocket, this is a great deal.

Pedco UltraPod II Lightweight Camera Tripod
Pedco UltraPod II Lightweight Camera Tripod
Price: $15.40
49 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great small tripod, August 28, 2014
Good tripod. Able to hold my T2i and a 28-135 lens. You have to make sure the long legs are forward when using a heavy lens, or the tripod will just tip over. Great for backpacking where you don't want to bring a giant tripod. Also works very will for Point and shot style cameras. I've used it with a Canon SX230HS and had no problems.

Merrell Men's Ascend Glove Trail-Running Shoe,Black/Tanga,13 M US
Merrell Men's Ascend Glove Trail-Running Shoe,Black/Tanga,13 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Trail Runners, August 28, 2014
I got these and immediately did a Presidential Traverse in New Hampshire. This is roughly 25 miles of rugged trails, often on sharp boulders. These shoes were awesome. My feet were barely sore at all at the end of this trip. These have a "rock plate" in the front half of the shoe and in the back half of the shoe, allowing the shoe to bend in the middle. As long as you land on the balls of your foot or your heel, you are protected from the sharp rocks.

The shoe fits as expected. I wear a size 13 and my right foot is slightly larger than my left foot. I usually have problems with my right foot hitting the ends of the shoe when I go downhill. Not with these shoes. The toe box on these is huge. I did not hit the end once on my whole trip. There is also room side to side. I even had a pair of light smartwool socks on. The rest of the shoe is tight to you foot.

My feet took a dunk at one section and got wet in the toe box. These shoes offer tons of ventilation and were dry within the hour. You do not need waterproof shoes if they dry this fast.

The one con I can say is for durability. The foam along the sole is already all torn up from hiking. Also where the sole meets the upper on the heel is coming detached already. I believe this is from dragging the back of my foot on some rocks, however they seem less durable than my last pair of Merrell Moabs. Time will tell how they hold up.

All in all a great shoe for hiking. I have not tried running yet, but they seem like any other minimalist shoe. They are a little heavy, but they offer great foot protection. I also got a great deal on them (under $40), so well worth the money.

EasyAcc 13.3 inch Macbook Felt Sleeve Carrying bag Ultrabook Laptop bag for Apple Macbook Air, Acer Aspire S3, S5, S7, Asus Zenbook UX31, HP spectre xt, Samsung SERIES 9 NP900X3B, Samsung SERIE 5 NP530, Toshiba Satellite Z830 Ultrabook (Size: Color: Grey) Dimension:340 mm x 240 mm x 8 mm
Offered by EasyAcc.A Store
Price: $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, May 8, 2014
I use this with a Lenovo Thinkpad Twist S230U. It fits very nicely. The only problem i have with this "case" is that there is not really a possibility of fitting in the charging adapter. There is just nowhere it will fit. There is not a lot of stretch to the case like other neoprene ones. Other than that it does a good job of protecting the computer with a little bit of cushion.

Kelty Grand Mesa 2 Backpacking 2 Person Tent
Kelty Grand Mesa 2 Backpacking 2 Person Tent
Offered by Backcountry
Price: $149.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great starting backpacking tent, May 8, 2014
I Have only used this a couple of times and have been forced to upgrade. I am 6'4" and use extra long sleeping bags. With this tent i would be touching both ends of the tent just laying down. This led to soggy feet in the morning due to the condensation. My girlfriend did not have this problem. If you use standard size sleeping bags, there is no issue.

Interior width is great. The tent does taper down towards the opposite end from the door so there is really only one orientation to sleep in. Setup is easy with a standard two pole design. The tent packs down into a pretty compact bag that can fit pretty much anywhere. I can fit it into a 35L pack with no issues. Although there are lighter tents out there, they are either not free standing or are several times more expensive. The bang for the buck here is awesome.

The single door is a little difficult to get in and out of. Also the vestibule is not very big. Storing two packs underneath is not possible. Tents with double doors usually have two vestibules which works well with two people. I ended up upgrading to an REI Quater Dome T2+. This tent has dual vestibules and has 94" vs 82" of length.

Would definitely recommend this tent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4