Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Profile for J. Warwick > Reviews

Browse

J. Warwick's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Warwick RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Fortress - (2012)
Fortress - (2012)
DVD
Price: $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy animation, March 29, 2016
This review is from: Fortress - (2012) (Amazon Video)
Really cheesy animation, but the story's not bad.

The American Aircraft Factory in World War II:
The American Aircraft Factory in World War II:
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars My only complaint (Kindle edition) is that the postage stamp sized pictures are much too small to be useful and that in a book w, March 15, 2016
This is a well-written summary of American aircraft production from the 1920s as background through the astounding production expansion during World War II. There are lots of numbers for every model produced but not so much production detail as to bog down the narrative. My only complaint (Kindle edition) is that the postage stamp sized pictures are much too small to be useful and that in a book which promises lavish illustration: If you can't see any detail in the photo, what is the point.

The Forgotten 500: The Untold Story of the Men Who Risked All for the Greatest Rescue Mission of World War II
by Gregory A. Freeman
Price: $9.87
163 used & new from $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I haven't read the book yet either because I left ..., January 21, 2016
I haven't read the book yet either because I left it in my Jeep and someone stole it from between the seats. But, I have ordered another copy, and when I do read it, which I am eagerly looking forward to doing, I fully expect to find my low expectations met as it's begun to look to me as if just any idiot can get a specialty book about the Air War in Europe published whether or not he or she actually knows anything at all about the strategies of the various campaigns, the missions, the equipment used, or, indeed, even whether the author can write competently or, more usually, not.

Oh, by the way, my lost copy had a dog-eared cover when the download loaded.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2016 7:08 AM PST

The Guns at Last Light: The War in Western Europe, 1944-1945 (The Liberation Trilogy)
by Rick Atkinson
Price: $24.69
306 used & new from $1.48

2.0 out of 5 stars Good book, crummy printing & binding, not allowed an exchange, September 1, 2013
Just finished reading this opus, and the second-rate binding is splitting from the end paper (plus there is washed out type in the index = second-rate printing as well), but I guess I'm out of luck because Amazon doesn't stand behind defects after what-ever many days after delivery.

And, please you review Nazis, this is the only place I can leave feedback.
Comment Comments (17) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2014 6:35 AM PDT

Red
Red
DVD
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars oldsters in action, July 30, 2013
This review is from: Red (Amazon Video)
Woo hoo, very amusing, plenty of shooting, and the old guys aren't improbably boffing impossibly beautiful, grand daughter age, chicks.

Bionaire Twin Reversible Airflow Window Fan with Remote Control
Bionaire Twin Reversible Airflow Window Fan with Remote Control
Price: $64.99
16 used & new from $54.95

4.0 out of 5 stars good fan, bad remote, July 12, 2013
I have two of these fans; one remote works, the other doesn't. 8 more words required, huh? Three more? one

Samsung Convoy 2 Anti-Glare Screen Protector (Samsung SCH-U660)
Samsung Convoy 2 Anti-Glare Screen Protector (Samsung SCH-U660)
Offered by Wireless Central
Price: $2.99
2 used & new from $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to apply straight, July 6, 2013
After dozens of attempts to apply the main display protector straight and without bubbles, I ended up throwing it away.

Memorex CD-R 80 52x LightScribe, 50-Pa
Memorex CD-R 80 52x LightScribe, 50-Pa

1.0 out of 5 stars 50% failure rate on data side, April 24, 2011
I've never had a problem with the lightscribe side of these discs, but for half the pack windows tells me there's no disc in the drive when I attempt to write jpg files to the data side. I'm using what works, saving the bad ones, and exchanging them for another pack when I've got twenty. Then start the process over again. And oh, by the way, the fuji film cd-r's I have around never fail, so I don't believe the problem lies with both my internal and external disc writers (both of which have this problem with these memorex discs). I could, however, believe the problem is windows.

Billy Mitchell: The Life, Times and Battles of America's Prophet of Air Power
Billy Mitchell: The Life, Times and Battles of America's Prophet of Air Power
by H. Paul Jeffers
32 used & new from $2.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Jeffers needs to learn to write., September 20, 2009
While Billy Mitchell is a fascinating character and certainly the most important and courageously outspoken advocate for the development of American airpower in the critical inter-war years, Jeffer's book is no more than a lightweight summary of the man's life and a mere regurgitation of other authors' research. What is especially disappointing about the book is that it's so poorly written. Jeffers, who has some sixty books to his discredit, needs to read some David McCullough (for example) for an example of fine historical narrative writing. Then he should master the writing of English, himself.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 15, 2015 6:11 AM PDT

Doctor Zhivago (Two-Disc Special Edition)
Doctor Zhivago (Two-Disc Special Edition)
DVD ~ Omar Sharif
Offered by santa clara books
Price: $32.50
30 used & new from $0.50

1.0 out of 5 stars out of sync, November 28, 2008
I like the movie, and the dvd set is fine, but I prefer to watch movies with the words and the mouth movements in sync. Amazon has sent me two of the two-disc special edition, and they're both out of sync.

Page: 1 | 2