Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Robert Kafes > Reviews

Browse

Robert Kafes' Profile

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert Kafes RSS Feed (Tucson, Arizona. United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Then and Now: A Memoir
Then and Now: A Memoir
by Tom Santopietro
Price: $17.25
57 used & new from $11.48

5.0 out of 5 stars TRULY WONDERFUL, June 24, 2016
This review is from: Then and Now: A Memoir (Hardcover)
If I could sing, I'd sing the highest praises! Instead, I'll simply write that this is a down-to-earth and yet extraordinarily uplifting story. A truly wonderful read. As I turned each page, I felt as if she were right there in conversation with me, and I laughed and I cried. What a mensch! Thank you, Barbara Cook, for the then and for the now!

My Name Is Lucy Barton: A Novel
My Name Is Lucy Barton: A Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF TO READ THIS, June 4, 2016
A major achievement and a beautiful, quiet, and poignant story. Character delineation is superb.

A Little Life
A Little Life
by Hanya Yanagihara
Price: $9.99
103 used & new from $5.92

5.0 out of 5 stars OY!, June 4, 2016
This review is from: A Little Life (Paperback)
This book took great courage and talent to write. It's an amazing and sweeping story of many lives intertwined over their young adult, adult, and older adult years. I wouldn't recommend it for the faint of heart! Even with my mental health background in sexual assault, child molestation, and rape I often found the book profoundly sad, painful,and gruesome. The story is a tragic reminder of the lifetime consequences of sexual violation. Hanya Yanagihara is a gifted writer who could have used some judicious editing.

InstaNatural Retinol Moisturizer Cream - With Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Organic Jojoba Oil & More - Best Formula for Smooth & Hydrated Look - Safe for Skin on Face & Neck- 3.4 OZ
Offered by Instanatural LLC
Price: $49.95
6 used & new from $18.54

Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording)(Explicit)(2CD)
Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording)(Explicit)(2CD)
Price: $20.98
50 used & new from $10.43

1.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A PITY, October 25, 2015
No plot synopsis or any information about the production included.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2016 8:06 AM PDT

Greenwillow (1960 Original Broadway Cast)
Greenwillow (1960 Original Broadway Cast)
16 used & new from $9.24

5.0 out of 5 stars TRANSPORTING, September 1, 2015
I saw GREENWILLOW at the Shubert Theater in Philadelphia. I loved the show, the performances and the score. I've enjoyed the LP I purchased in 1960 at Sam Goody's for all these many years. My recollection of my experience of this musical seems to center on the beautifully designed and painted "drops" which were breathtaking -- full of animals and bucolic, lilting scenery. (Why don't they do drops anymore?) This is a lovely show, lovingly produced and recorded. As I'm writing this review, I even remember reading the novel which also transported me into a different world.

Roberta
Roberta
Price: $28.07
16 used & new from $25.80

5.0 out of 5 stars RAVISHING!, July 18, 2015
This review is from: Roberta (Audio CD)
This recording, a gem, brings back such "Yesterdays" for me when I participated in a production in 1960 at Victoria Crandall's Brunswick Musical Playhouse in Brunswick, Maine. I wish someone would write about that extraordinary playhouse that produced a huge musical almost every week when one wasn't running for two weeks! This recording preserves a masterpiece of music theater writing, and frankly, I wish we'd return to this sincerity, authenticity and heart-felt presence. I'm truly tired of "performances." Bring back emotion, the real thing! The frou-frou is boring and irrelevant. So genuine is this recording!

Goldilocks (1958 Original Broadway Cast)
Goldilocks (1958 Original Broadway Cast)
24 used & new from $10.10

5.0 out of 5 stars AN ENDURING LOVE!, June 28, 2015
Loved it then and still love it now! Saw it in Philadelphia with Barry Sullivan -- not Don Ameche. (I had to wait for "13 Daughters"!) I only wish they'd re-record this CD and include the ballet music. The book of the show is still one of the funniest -- particularly the filming of silent movies. Everyone is in top form and the show succeeded in doing what was intended -- it was musical and it was comedy. "Who could ask for anything more"?

Christine (1960 Original Broadway Cast)
Christine (1960 Original Broadway Cast)
Offered by SourceMedia
Price: $14.97
16 used & new from $3.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable, June 19, 2015
Saw the show at the Erlanger Theater in Philadelphia. I was all of about 16 years old and I was weeping so much my friend had to help me out of the theater. I'm not kidding. I've never forgotten it and this is much more than I can say for shows I've seen far more recently. The score has remained in my head for all these many, many years. The production was gorgeous and the performances were very moving.
The orchestrations and conducting by Jay Blackton are superb. When I saw it, Christine was from England -- not Ireland. They changed her origins when she moved to New York City. Enjoy!

Always Turned On: Sex Addiction in the Digital Age
Always Turned On: Sex Addiction in the Digital Age
by Jennifer P. Schneider
Price: $14.94
52 used & new from $9.75

5.0 out of 5 stars IMPORTANT!, March 11, 2015
ALWAYS TURNED ON: SEX ADDICTION IN THE DIGITAL AGE is a must-read for all people -- mental health professionals and the lay-public. Why? Technology is a major influence in all our lives and there is so much information packed into Weiss' and Schneider's elegantly written, deeply compassionate and engaging book that, as a psychoanalyst, I'll keep it within arm's reach. Not only are the authors generous in offering valuable expert clinical and research wisdom, but they provide so many human stories which reveal the emotional and real-life struggles of persons who are addicted to "sexnology" and those involved with them. Significantly, this book is practical and contains advice, action plans, and resources for addicts, resources for spouses and families of addicts, resources for therapists, and activity resources including sexual boundary and dating plans. As I read this eye-opening book I kept thinking, "Wow! What a major contribution these authors have made!"

Page: 1 | 2