Profile for T. Darin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Darin RSS Feed (Los Angeles, ca)

Thermarest Compressible Pillow, Vermillion, Medium
Thermarest Compressible Pillow, Vermillion, Medium

1.0 out of 5 stars Left-over foam feel, August 28, 2013
Not sure what all the hype is about this pillow, or maybe what I got is different.
My pillow consisted of a bunch of square pieces of foam inside a really nice feeling cover.
Laying on it is like resting your head on an egg carton, just a little softer.
Unless I received a dud, I wouldn't recommend this pillow to anyone.

Jxd Metal Series 339 3Ch Rc Helicopter Rtf W/ Gyro
Jxd Metal Series 339 3Ch Rc Helicopter Rtf W/ Gyro
Offered by PacificExpress
Price: $18.86
10 used & new from $13.56

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as durable as we expected based on previous reviews, April 21, 2013
We bought this for our 9 year old. It worked great for about 2 months, then it just stopped charging. Nothing broke, it just won't charge. I thought it was just the battery, so we replaced it and it still won't charge.
Don't waste your money on this. There is no tech support of any kind from this company.

Bosch 4818 Evolution All-Season Bracketless Wiper Blade - 18" (Pack of 1)
Bosch 4818 Evolution All-Season Bracketless Wiper Blade - 18" (Pack of 1)
Price: $13.06
22 used & new from $8.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't last, November 30, 2012
These work great but don't last any longer than the factory blades. In fact, these wore out faster on my corolla than the factory ones. I will be switching back to the factory blades.

Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac [Old Version]
Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac [Old Version]
11 used & new from $6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst upgrade and tech support!, September 30, 2010
Being a previous user or Parallels version 1-5, I thought it was a no-brainer to upgrade to Version 6. Boy was I wrong!!
I'm still running Windows XP, which they say they still support fully. I followed their directions to a T to do the upgrade from version 5 to 6.
As soon as the virtual machine was upgraded and Parallels Tools were installed, my mouse and keyboard stopped working.
Being an IT professional, I thought I could fix it. Wow....Not even close! After trying everything I could think of, including a Windows Repair from the boot CD, nothing would make it work. So, i called "tech support." Yes, I put that in quotes because their tech support is just plain awful! First, you have to create a case, then wait on hold for 30-40 minutes. Once your call has been routed to Bangkok, you get the privilege of talking to someone who barely speaks English. This is Tier 1 support. After going through his checklist of items, none of which I could do since I couldn't navigate in Windows, the guy ends up hanging up on me! So I called back. After another 45 minutes, the Tier 1 guy said he would transfer me to Tier 2. That transfer resulted in another hangup. Call #3, and 40 minutes later, I get to the Tier 1 department and immediately ask to be transferred to Tier 2. Hoping that Tier 2 would have a better grasp of the English language, the call goes through to another guy in Bangkok. I ask if they have anyone in the US and I'm told no. So we try for almost an hour to resolve the problem. I think Mr. Tier 2 had the same checklist as Mr. Tier 1. Finally, in his own language I hear him talking to someone else who then asks to do a remote session. Reluctantly, I do it and spend another 90 minutes with them trying to figure it out, which they don't. We generate a report and send it to them for their developers to look at. I'm told they will call back in 3-5 business days. 3 days later, we set up another remote session which lasted about 2 hours. Would you like to guess the results? Right, nothing! Another 4 days go by and we try a 3rd remote session. Still no luck, and i'm 2 weeks into the problem. Finally today I tell them to refund my money, which they are supposedly doing. I reverted back to Version 5 on the program and virtual machine that I luckily had Time Machine backing up and it's back to working as it should.
So, beware if you have Windows XP and expect the upgrade to go flawlessly. Their knowledge-base is filled with people that have had this problem now.
Comment Comments (17) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2011 12:44 AM PDT

Chicago Girl's Adjustable Quad Skate
Chicago Girl's Adjustable Quad Skate

1.0 out of 5 stars Great if you don't want your child to move around much!, July 14, 2010
I just bought these skates for my 6 year old daughter. She was so excited to have "big girl" skates. We put them on and everything seemed great. The adjustment button functioned properly and the straps were great. Then she started to try to skate. She pushed off and went about 4 inches. The wheels barely turn. So i took them off her and tried to adjust the nuts holding the wheels on thinking they were too tight and binding the wheels. They weren't. I took a couple of the wheels off completely, held the center spindle and spun the wheel. It turned 1/2 turn and stopped. I thought maybe they needed to be greased a little so i put a little Tri-Flow on the bearings. It didn't make any difference. They are going back to Amazon today and taking my daughter to a local sports store to find her some real skates that really skate.

Krusell Multidapt® - Ratchet Swivelkit 54116
Krusell Multidapt® - Ratchet Swivelkit 54116

1.0 out of 5 stars Breaks easily, June 17, 2008
I've had the product 1 month, and have now broken my second ratchet attachment. The belt part works fine, but the multidapt adapter that goes on the phone case is made out of cheap plastic that is softer than the belt clip. Love the case, but now I will have to look for something that lasts longer than a month.

Krusell 54116 Ratchet Swivelkit
Krusell 54116 Ratchet Swivelkit
Offered by AVYDEN
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Ratchet Breaks Easily, June 17, 2008
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2010 5:55 PM PST

iHome IH36 Under-Counter FM Radio with TV, Weather Band Tuner, and Dock for iPod (White)
11 used & new from $51.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but doesn't last, February 3, 2008
I bought this for Christmas of 2006. It worked great for about 11 months then all of a sudden the iPod stopped worked when the drawer was open. The door had to be closed for it to work. THen it stopped playing sound through the right speaker and now doesn't work at all. Radio reception dropped off to just about nothing and 2 different iPods won't work at all. I was really happy when we bought it, but for the money, it should have lasted longer than 11 months. Just be careful.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2008 11:35 AM PDT

Fisher Price Kid Tough Digital Camera - Blue
Fisher Price Kid Tough Digital Camera - Blue
15 used & new from $6.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this camera!, December 27, 2007
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
We bought this camera for our almost 4 year old for Christmas expecting it to be a great toy for her. It worked great for about 10 minutes, then the screen locked up with a rainbow and the number 50 on it. I spent about 45 minutes troubleshooting the camera to find out that the slot for the SD card is bad. We bought it at Costco and they included a standard, slow 128MB card. I tried the card in my own camera and it worked fine. The slot on the camera is bad and my daughter is heartbroken. I will be returning it and will buy the Vtech. Should have gone with it in the first place.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2008 1:03 PM PDT

Terk HDTVO Amplified HDTV Antenna (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Terk HDTVO Amplified HDTV Antenna (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother if using for non-HD signal!, October 10, 2007
I live 10 miles from the antenna towers in Los Angeles, which are very powerful antennas. I mounted the antenna to my Dish mast, which worked great. I pointed the antenna at 83 degrees as instructed to by the antenna web page. I couldn't get a Standard Definition signal clear enough to even identify what was on the screen. I went back to my old rooftop antenna and everything looked great. I can't say how it does for HDTV since I'm still in the dark ages and don't have HDTV yet. My advise is to spend the same money and get a regular rooftop antenna.