Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "Jaina Kay" RSS Feed (Fort Collins, CO USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Bootstrapping for Indies: Self-Publishing on a Budget (Book Creation, Book Marketing, Book Promotion for Less)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The most useful guide to indie publishing on a budget!, April 13, 2015
There are tons of fantastic resources out there for indie authour, but I have found none so useful as this one. Geared toward newbies like me who are finishing their first book and wondering how to self publish it without going into debt, the book offers tons of practical advice to get that launch moving. I have never highlighted and bookmarked a book as much as I did this one; there's good stuff on every page! I am much less overwhelmed by the prospect of launching my book now, and I fully expect to come back to this resource again and again as I get closer to my launch.

Scout Champagne Gold Glt Women Glitter Round Toe Dance Ballet Flat-9
Scout Champagne Gold Glt Women Glitter Round Toe Dance Ballet Flat-9

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality and comfort were lower than I was hoping for, March 8, 2015
I was looking to replace a pair of gold glitter flats that finally failed me after 3 years of frequent (weekly, on average) wear. These shoes were the closest match I could find that were a reasonable price. They're just as cute as my old ones, but they don't seem to be as well made. They're stiff and haven't broken in very well. And, more disappointingly, the glitter is already wearing off the top edges.

I'm still wiling to wear them for a couple of hours at a time, but they won't be the "I'm going out and want to look nice, but also want to walk all over downtown" shoes that my old pair were. They're the "I'm going somewhere that I want to look nice, but not wear heels, and I don't have to worry about doing much walking" shoes, which just doesn't come up that often.

The Annotated Pride and Prejudice: A Revised and Expanded Edition
The Annotated Pride and Prejudice: A Revised and Expanded Edition
by Jane Austen
Price: $15.18
91 used & new from $4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I appreciate Austen even more now., March 6, 2015
My purpose in reading this edition was to gain a deeper understanding of the Regency era for my own fiction. (And what more enjoyable way to do so than to re-read P&P?) My expectations were met and exceeded! I learned a lot, and discovered a new appreciation for how Austen used small details to illuminate her characters. Many of these details are lost to a modern reader, but the annotations in this edition restore them to us and allow us a deeper picture of the story and its characters.

The only complaint I have (and it is very small) is that some of the definitions are excessively repetitious, which I found distracting. The "Notes to the Reader" section in the beginning addresses this and explains the reasoning behind it; however, I believe a glossary of terms which addressed them all in one place would have been a better solution to the problem.

The notes pointed out to me details of fashion, custom, and common opinion which will force me to change some key moments in my current novel draft, which is exactly what I was hoping to gain from them. The bibliography in the back has pointed me to more sources which I hope to read, but so far I've found that most of them are out of print, and often hard to find, which is disappointing. But it makes this resource all the more essential to me!

Dracula: Writer's Digest Annotated Classics
Dracula: Writer's Digest Annotated Classics
by Mort Castle
Price: $19.81
79 used & new from $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars but it is lots of fun to watch how much fun Castle has with this ..., November 19, 2014
I found the Jane Eyre one to be more overall helpful to my writing, but it is lots of fun to watch how much fun Castle has with this story, and there are lots of tips worth taking in. This seems to have more "this thing right here is cool because x" and less "follow an overarching structure from start to finish" as the Eyre edition does. Neither is necessarily worse or better but I find the latter more instructive.

Anker® Astro E5 15000mAh External Battery Pack 2-Port 3A Output Portable Charger Power Bank for USB Devices (Black)
Offered by SuperSalesNY
Price: $49.98
4 used & new from $32.30

4.0 out of 5 stars So far it's working out great! It does take longer to charge than my ..., November 19, 2014
So far it's working out great! It does take longer to charge than my phone does but considering that it holds several times the charge my phone does, that's to be expected. I do wish the 2 ports were more clearly marked, since I never seem to remember to check which one I'm using when I'm in a hurry.

Verso Prologue Cover for Kindle, Red (fits Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle, and Kindle Touch)
Price: $34.99
3 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This case feels sturdy, is comfortable to hold while reading, October 28, 2014
This case feels sturdy, is comfortable to hold while reading, and isn't particularly obtrusive. I love the look of it, and so far it has held up great. I haven't found much use for the pocket, but I didn't expect to, either.

Brownmed Imak Rsi Smart Glove Pm, Universal, 0.45 Pound
Brownmed Imak Rsi Smart Glove Pm, Universal, 0.45 Pound
Offered by The Therapy Connection
Price: $20.48
16 used & new from $20.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., October 28, 2014
I refer to these as my clouds. They are spectacularly comfortable to sleep in all night, and my hands feel so much better in the morning.

Make sure you are done using your hands for the night before you put them on, though. I can barely manage to turn off my light when I've got them on, let alone hold a book to read for a while before bed. That's fine, because I wanted them for overnights, but it does mean I can't put them on as I'm getting ready for bed, as I like to lie in bed and read a while before I fall asleep. I just have to put them on after the lights are out and I'm falling asleep.

Jane Eyre: Writer's Digest Annotated Classics
Jane Eyre: Writer's Digest Annotated Classics
by Charlotte Bronte
Price: $18.58
108 used & new from $1.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Super helpful for learning to craft stories, October 28, 2014
This was one of the most helpful writing books I have ever purchased. It's one thing to read how-tos and workbooks, but it's something else to have a writer sit you down with an expertly-crafted novel and help you to see all those things in action. Weiland does a fantastic job of pointing out what Bronte is doing and providing ways to apply that to your own work. And she knows when nothing more needs to be said, so you can start to recognize some patterns on your own.

I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Behold the Dawn
Behold the Dawn
Price: $3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, October 28, 2014
This review is from: Behold the Dawn (Kindle Edition)
This was a gripping story with compelling characters. Once I got into it I had to stay up late to read it, and that's always a good sign!

The ending showdown felt a little bit rushed, to me, after all the bulidup. But good heavens, I enjoyed the trip there so much, I'm not sure how much that bothers me.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Used to be ok, July 15, 2012
It was never anything particularly spectacular - nonintuitive controls, slow warming and spotty toasting. But recently it stopped turning on at all, for no reason. At first it just wouldn't turn on when we tried to toast something, and we'd have to fiddle with the knob for upwards of five minutes before we got it to start. And now it won't turn on for anything, no matter which setting it's on. Of course, we've had it for a year and a half, so it's no longer under warranty and there's nothing we can do. Except, of course, buy something else - which we will! Sadly, for as highly rated as this was on consumer reports, we have been very disappointed in it.

Page: 1 | 2