Profile for Kimberly Burnham > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 39

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kimberly Burnham "Kimberly Burnham, PhD, The Nerve Whisperer" RSS Feed (Spokane, Washington, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Convergence
Convergence
by Jason C. Doud
Price: $19.95
25 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging and Insightful Author, Jason Doud, May 3, 2014
This review is from: Convergence (Paperback)
In Convergence Jason Doud explains the value and insights in the esoteric world, the inner world and explains how to balance the esoteric with the exoteric (environment, work, relationships outside of oneself) so as to reach the sweet spot in the center of your life. Having recently moved I could especially appreciate his analogue of buying new furniture and then when the movers bring the new furniture up the stairs to your house, refusing to move the old furniture. In a well written, entertaining way, Doud took me step by step through ways to understand myself and my path in a new and exciting way. He has an interesting view on risk - everything is risky and running away from the risk and the possibilities just makes life more difficult. "Safety is a function of a perception of the facts, which are never the facts."

I bought this book because Jason Doud gave a workshop at Auntie's Bookstore in Spokane, WA. I thoroughly enjoyed Jason's authentic sharing as well as his relaxed and insight filled presentation. I am starting to really enjoy Meet Up events.

Simple Treasures - Soothing Music for Relaxing. meditation, gratitude, therapy, healing, massage, yoga, or just winding down.
Price: $15.35
4 used & new from $11.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Gifted Artist Jeff Gold Brings His Talent to Simple Treasures, February 26, 2014
Jeff Gold's music brings such healing and calm. Just listening you can tell the intention and musical talent he puts into it. Great CD for relaxing on the weekend or after a stressful day. I love this soothing, musically interesting and engaging music.

Sacred Feminine Awakening: The Emergence of Compassion
Sacred Feminine Awakening: The Emergence of Compassion
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical Guidelines to a More Compassionate Life, February 1, 2014
Practical advice from Misa Hopkins, inspirational author of Sacred Feminine Awakening: The Emergence of Compassion. I very much enjoyed section with advice like, "Have you noticed how you calm down and your mind becomes quieter when you take a long walk in nature? Have you ever given yourself permission to pour a cup of tea and just watch the sunrise or sunset? What happens when you slow down long enough to take a nice hot bath? There are many ways to quiet the mind. Silent meditation is one of them, and ultimately if you want to experience the depths of the Sacred Feminine, at some point you will want that much stillness."

Misa is so good at creating communities that support awakening and consciousness so that we can each live with more understanding and compassion for ourselves. This book helped me create greater compassion for myself and move out into the world in a more powerful way.

In Sacred Feminine Awakening: The Emergence of Compassion, Misa is also not about changing or fixing as much as about understanding oneself and what we are each capable of. Early on in the book she says, "Do not try to fix or change your feeling, for that would dishonor the wisdom that lives within the limit of that feeling. Simply be with this feeling, acknowledging that it seems to be limiting your life. As you hold it, feel compassion for it. If compassion is difficult for you, reflect on a moment with a child or an animal in which compassion was easy for you to access. Imagine how you would hold a child or animal in pain, and then hold your feeling in the same way. Simply be in compassion. Do nothing, except be with it."

Going Home: A roadmap to fulfillment and abundance by finding your truth (Core of Steel Series : The Step by Step Guide to Consciousness Book 1)
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Find Your Own Power Through These Words, December 18, 2013
A couple of my favorite lines in this book are: "Are we not allowed to aspire to greatness because someone before us could not achieve it?" and "There is really only one truth. Yours! And the beauty of it is that it is there and waiting."

This book is about finding who you are and then being simply your most joyful self in the world in a powerful way. We may label ourselves in whatever way we want. We create our own narrative. The words in this book encourage us to be powerful and more importantly Going Home: A Roadmap to Fulfillment and Abundance by Finding Your Truth is a roadmap and gives you ways to find your power.

After reading this book I sent an email to a close friend ... "I am "loaning" this copy of a book I recently came across. I think it may be very powerful for you."

I feel it is a wonderful book for anyone who wants to truly feel the power of their inner world.

Penni Mannas Diefendorf, thank you for sharing your view of this amazing world. - Kimberly Burnham, PhD, The Nerve Whisperer

Quantum Healing: The Synergy of Chiropractic & Reiki
Quantum Healing: The Synergy of Chiropractic & Reiki
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Energy in Your Hands as You Work with Clients, December 18, 2013
Reiki, the use of energy and symbols, intention and touch is a natural approach to help manual therapists like chiropractors, massage therapists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, osteopathic manual medicine practitioners and others who use their hands in healing. This book gives wonderful insights into what a practitioner, who uses the touch of their hands can do to increase the power of their treatment. I particularly enjoyed the focus on the energetic nature of physical bodies and how symbols and intention can improve results. Thank you. - Kimberly Burnham, PhD, The Nerve Whisperer

Code Red: Extinguishing the Big Fires While Igniting Your Inner Fire
Code Red: Extinguishing the Big Fires While Igniting Your Inner Fire
by Ann White
Price: $9.99
11 used & new from $7.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Bite Size Packs of Stress Rx, February 1, 2013
Ann White, transformational author of The Sacred Art of Dog Walking: Making the Ordinary Extraordinary, Living With Spirit Energy: Bring Balance and Harmony into Your Life and World[...] and Healing Through Words: Poetry ...Prose ...Prayers ...Stories out does herself in sharing easy steps to eliminating stress and create a powerful life.

As a health care practitioner I especially enjoyed Ann's perspective on small things that can change the big stresses. I am drinking more water and looking at what I think about first thing in the morning because of Ann White's stories.

A great Valentine's Day gift for that nurse, emergency room or other health care practitioner in your life.

So That is How 'it' Happens - A Brick on my path
So That is How 'it' Happens - A Brick on my path

4.0 out of 5 stars Do you feel different?, November 7, 2012
Planning and then not having thing come out the way we planned. Feeling like we are seen as a monster as we feel the brick in our path, is one of the ideas explored in this Messenger Mini Book by Lorraine Jones. Follow Stan in So That is How 'it' Happens - A Brick on my path on his journey. It will give you a new perspective on your path and how those around you are feeling.

Janet and Sophie On Public Right of Ways
Janet and Sophie On Public Right of Ways

4.0 out of 5 stars Teaching Your Children about The Environment, November 7, 2012
My favorite part of this Messenger Mini book by Lorraine Jones Janet and Sophie On Public Right of Ways is how the mother communicated that when we litter or throw trash on the sidewalk we pay twice. We pay for the item and we pay for the trash to be picked up and disposed of. Share this journey will your children so that all children will be able to enjoy a beautiful world.

Hot Confidence: Conscious Pathways to Take You from Mini-Me to Magnificent
Hot Confidence: Conscious Pathways to Take You from Mini-Me to Magnificent
by Nadine Love
Price: $18.89
11 used & new from $14.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformational Hot Confidence, October 25, 2012
"A truly useful book. If you are looking for a transformational book that will motivate you to create your unique difference in the world, then Nadine Love's Hot Confidence: Conscious Pathways to Take You From Mini-Me to Magnificent will give you everything you need to clear self-sabotage, increase your self-belief and master your magnetic potential. A remarkable book from a featured author in Christine Kloser's [[...]] is doing it again building your Hot Confidence."

Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots
Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots
by Deborah Feldman
Price: $13.16
144 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Live Like Someone Left The Gate Open, October 8, 2012
For anyone who felt different, alone or alienated growing up, Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots is a wonderfully written portrayal of how a young woman moves from one community to another, from one perspective to another and embraces a life full of choices and creativity. Deborah Feldman captures both the reasons to stay where you are and the reasons to move, to change, to grow with engaging and beautifully written prose.

She chooses to find the opening into a world of choices. Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots is a poignant look at the inner conflicts of someone who leaves the religious community of their childhood, like Live Like Someone Left The Gate Open , Deborah Feldman captures the positive and negative aspects of life in a strict religious community and the choices that force us to leave. - Kimberly Burnham, PhD

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4