Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for Kodachrome man > Reviews

Browse

Kodachrome man's Profile

Customer Reviews: 123

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kodachrome man RSS Feed (Central Illinois)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
The Complete Nikon System: An Illustrated Equipment Guide
The Complete Nikon System: An Illustrated Equipment Guide
by Peter Braczko
28 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, detailed book on the Nikon film cameras, June 17, 2016
A very thorough book about the Nikon system if you are into film cameras. It seems to include every single film camera Nikon made, not just the serious amateur and pro type SLR cameras but even every point and shoot.

Some recent examples of my use for it are: I bought a Nikon Nuvis-S APS camera for $5 at an antique store just out of curiosity, and ran film thru it. This book had plenty of interesting tech details on this camera and its place in Nikon history. I then developed and interest in APS as film still can be found, and came across on a new in box, old stock, Pronea 600i SLR APS camera with two lenses for a very low price. Checked out the tech details on the camera and lenses in this book and bought the camera.

The book also has great info on the old Nikon Rangefinders, like an S2 I purchased this week. The info on the available Nikon rangefinder lenses was very informative and right there in front of me, no time wasting Google searches.

Given its publication date, Nikon digital cameras is a short chapter, but being bored by the ease and sterileness of digital its no problem for me.

Keurig K10 Mini Plus Brewing System, Black
Keurig K10 Mini Plus Brewing System, Black
Price: Click here to see our price
94 used & new from $49.52

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, at least one much better option., February 22, 2016
Bought this for my elderly mom to replace one like it that died. Got this instead of the newer version that traps you into buying Keurig only pods. When our own bigger Keurig died we bought a Bunn for our use due to Keurig's move to make you buy only their pods. Glad we did as the Bunn is a much much better coffee maker and can use any kind of coffee pod including the Senseo type that are cheaper and better for the environment. Only bought the Keurig for my mom as she would have difficulty with operating a new system such as the Bunn. The Keurig is only a three star machine due to the restrictions on pods for the new models, relatively short life, and the fact that there are much better options out there. Too bad Keurig designed its new machines with only the thought of forcing its own coffee pods on consumers instead of designing an improved coffee maker over the original.

Raised Cat Feeder (Cat)food bowl#ceramic#stand
Raised Cat Feeder (Cat)food bowl#ceramic#stand
Offered by CAT1st-Your cat comes first!
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad we bought it for our cat, February 22, 2016
Our cat looks much more comfortable using this higher food dish. It is well made and weighted enough to keep from moving around on the plastic mat we placed it on. Recommend!

Daydreamer Neck Pillow - Luxuriously Soft Inflatable Travel Pillow for Sleeping on Airplane, Car, Train and Bus

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a neck pillow that works for us!, December 3, 2015
I have tried different neck/head pillows for years and never had one that worked very well until this one. Easily adjustable and gets big enough to work even in our problem minivan seat. The middle seats go into the floor which we find extremely useful at times but the headrests on those seats are very far back. This pillow is big enough when pumped up fully to work and is still soft enough to be comfortable. Held my head in place too. We have a cat so one of us stays back in the middle seat with the cat while the other drives on long trips. It blows itself up, and is easy to adjust, highly recommend!

Books by Hand PH Neutral PVA Adhesive with spout - 4 ounce bottle
Books by Hand PH Neutral PVA Adhesive with spout - 4 ounce bottle
Price: $6.44
10 used & new from $3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and gets the job done., November 20, 2015
I bought this to rebuild a manual that came with a mint 80's era film camera I bought. Neither the manual or camera had ever been used but the pages had fallen out of the manual as the glue gave way. I never thought this product would work but for the low cost decided to try it. I just applied a bead along the book cover spine area, stuck the pages in the book, was careful they all lined up before putting them in, was sure they were snugged up against the cover spine area, then closed the manual, laid it flat on a table, and placed a book on top to hold all in place. 24 hours later it was like new again, great product.

Valterra D04-0250 Dominator 15' Sewer Hose Kit
Valterra D04-0250 Dominator 15' Sewer Hose Kit
Price: $36.75
32 used & new from $29.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done, no leaks after over two years of use, hooks up easy., November 20, 2015
We started RVing in a motorhome in early 2013 and this is what I bought for our sewer hose. After a couple years of use I can report it never leaked, was easy to hook up, and collapse. I also use the Valterra Clear View adapter with it which is quite useful.

Just replaced the hose kit with a new one, also from Amazon. The original hose was still in great shape, but after over two years, its time to replace with a "fresh" one. I have had good luck with all Valterra products.

Outdoor Research Lightstorm Bucket Rain Hat, Sandstone, X-Large
Outdoor Research Lightstorm Bucket Rain Hat, Sandstone, X-Large
Offered by Mountain Breeze Sports
Price: $33.15
4 used & new from $33.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice rain hat, and extra large is EXTRA large., November 20, 2015
All that was available was an "extra large" and there was no direction as to what that equated to in hat size and it is a little big on my 7 1/2 to 7 5/8 size head. However not big enough to warrant sending back as I like the build quality and design and it keeps the rain off my head. The neck strap keeps it from blowing away in wind. I like that it collapses to a small space that can be shoved in a jacket pocket. Would be 5 stars if there had been some info on actual hat size, and a variety of sizes to choose from.

The Classic Rollei: A Definitive Guide
The Classic Rollei: A Definitive Guide
by John Phillips
Price: $45.00
46 used & new from $25.61

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Book about the Rollei TLRs, November 20, 2015
I started collecting and using film cameras about a year ago. The interesting design and build quality of two Rollei 35's I bought got my thinking about the Rollei TLRs but had zero knowledge about them. This is the perfect book for learning about the Rollei TLRs. Very high quality printing and construction. Very detailed and easy to find information on every Rollei TLR, lots of nicely done photographs. Also helpful sections, like how to buy a Rollei TLR including what to check out when looking one over, lens tests, exploded views, accessories explained, and a detailed index. If you want to learn about the Rollei TLRs I highly recommend this book.

Fritz Henle's Rollei
Fritz Henle's Rollei
by Vivienne Tallal Winterry
Price: $25.95
23 used & new from $18.62

2.0 out of 5 stars Great photography spoiled by a very poorly done book., November 20, 2015
This review is from: Fritz Henle's Rollei (Paperback)
The two positives first, a short interesting story about Fritz Henle and the technical info about each photograph which includes not only exposure info but developer used. They are way out balanced by the INCREDIBLY POOR printing of the photographs. I find it hard to describe how bad it is. All you get from these photos is an idea of his wonderful compositions. They are so poorly done some are almost completely black, some are blown out badly in the highlights - you have about three tones - Dark Black, Medium Gray, page White. The paper is of the quality you would get if you bought the cheapest printer paper you could find in a dollar store. The print quality reminds me of newspaper black and white photos back in the old days - only very few newspaper photos were ever this bad. This book is a complete disgrace to the photographers work.

Philips DVT1100 4GB Digital Voice Recorder with PC Connection
Philips DVT1100 4GB Digital Voice Recorder with PC Connection
Price: $34.23
51 used & new from $32.63

1.0 out of 5 stars An unintuitive recorder with other faults, go elsewhere!, October 17, 2015
I use a small olympus recorder for keeping exposure notes on film cameras I own. As my collection grew I needed another recorder so thought I would try this one as I liked the big screen and controls. However I find it is far inferior to the vn-702 Olympus. For one thing, it is extremely unintuitive, you will have to read the manual which of course must be downloaded as the quick start guide is as useless as the recorder.

Lets compare the simple task of deleting a file or folder.

Olympus - you hit the erase button and the screen gives you the choice of deleting "one file" or "folder". You select with the OK button and go from there. One more verify screen, hit the OK.

The Phillips - you hit and HOLD the trash can button and at the bottom of the screen you get "dELONE" - what the crap is that?? Well reading the manual if you then hit the fast forward button you see "dELALL" No that is not dELONE's brother, that stands for delete one file or delete all. So what you get on one screen in clear english on the Olympus is on two screens in code on the Phillips - and without the manual good luck trying to figure out the dELALL is even a choice let alone how to find it. OK, now how do I delete dELALL? Well dEALL don't stay around long so you need to hit RECORD to get rid of him fast. Yeah hitting record to delete makes sense don't it? By the way you had better hit record and let off fast or guess what - you will record!!!

Now lets change folders on the Philips. Its intuitive!!! Yes all you do is hit the folder button. However you must be patient as there is considerable delay, enough that you think your button press did nothing so you press it again. Then you skip 2 folders.

Good points - has a nice strong speaker so when I play back my exposure notes I have no problem hearing them. Thats it. Buy an Olympus or maybe a Sony.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13