Profile for Lacosh > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lacosh RSS Feed (Philadelphia, PA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Earth's Best Kidz Organic Apple Sauce, 6 Cups
Earth's Best Kidz Organic Apple Sauce, 6 Cups
Price: $3.69
6 used & new from $0.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Very watery, but tasted good, November 17, 2014
I was happy to find this organic apple sauce for a decent price, but it's definitely more watery than other brands I buy. I bought these to feed to my toddler and it was very difficult to spoon since it was so thin. We often ended up dripping and making a mess. The flavor was good, but we won't be buying again due to the thin consistency.

Stride Rite SRT SM Bristol Mary Jane (Toddler),Purple/Pink,5 M US Toddler
Stride Rite SRT SM Bristol Mary Jane (Toddler),Purple/Pink,5 M US Toddler
Price: $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets lots of compliments, November 17, 2014
I first bought these shoes at a local shoe store for my new walker (~14mo) since I needed to get her feet measured and wanted to have the ability to have her try them out in the store. She loved them so much that she wouldn't let us take them off and she ended up wearing them out of the store. At home she often wanted to wear them, so we actually hid them at times since it's not good for new walkers to wear shoes so much. I assume they must be comfortable since she loves to wear them and unlike some boots we later got her, she rarely falls in these. When she started to grow out of the original pair, I came online to buy the next half-size up!

When we go out, we often get compliments about how cute her shoes are. She wears a lot of pink and purple, so they look great with all her outfits. This is our third child and we've been using Stride Rite for all of them. Their shoes are well made and look great.

Green Sprouts Girls-baby Infant Training 2 Pack Underwear, Pink, 18 Months
Green Sprouts Girls-baby Infant Training 2 Pack Underwear, Pink, 18 Months
Price: $11.87
4 used & new from $11.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to find size - fits well, November 17, 2014
I was a little nervous about the fit when I ordered these, so I only ordered one pack to start. My daughter started potty training early, around 13 months. For reference, she was (and is) wearing size 18 month clothes and size 3 diapers. She is on the tall side and a bit skinny. The size 18 month training underwear were just the right size, so I ordered her more packs so we didn't have to run the wash so often. That being said, she lost interest in the potty after a couple months, so we aren't using these currently. She still has enough room in them that I hope she'll be able to use them again when her interest renews.

From my experience, these wash well. The only trouble is that is that they take a long time to dry due to all of the absorbancy. They did their job to protect our furniture as long as I was vigilant in checking for accidents.

Dole Diced Peaches in 100% Juice, 4-Ounce Cups (Pack of 36)
Dole Diced Peaches in 100% Juice, 4-Ounce Cups (Pack of 36)
Price: $21.36
2 used & new from $21.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected - and not from China, November 17, 2014
Despite the mixed reviews on these peaches, we ordered a pack on our recent trip to DisneyWorld to have a healthy snack that didn't cost an arm and a leg at the parks. We were very pleasantly surprised by the taste and quality of the product, so decided to order more when we got home! Our containers are labelled as the peaches coming from Greece and being packed in Thailand. I have to assume that they use different sources depending on the season and cost, but wanted to point out that what we received was not grown or packed in China, as some of the other reviewers mentioned. I feel good supporting the Greek economy considering how bad they have it there, especially with Russia recently turning away much of their fruit (for political reasons).

We haven't had a bad container yet. The peaches taste fresher than canned and the juice isn't overly sweet. The containers are listed as BPA-free, which is also an advantage over most canned fruit. Probably the only thing they could improve on is to offer organic, but for the cost we are very happy with this product.

Huggies Little Movers Diapers, Size 3, 174 Count
Huggies Little Movers Diapers, Size 3, 174 Count
Price: $44.99
9 used & new from $42.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Constant dampness, July 28, 2014
I have diapered 3 kids over the past decade and always preferred Huggies. I used the Little Snugglers with my infant daughter and was pleased as usual. However, when switching to the Little Movers earlier this year, we discovered an issue with the "new" diapers that some other reviews have mentioned. It's not just that they leak when over-filled, but at least with two different boxes we've had so far, they feel damp through the outer "fabric" of the diaper even when hardly filled. It leaves my daughter's clothes feeling damp and my hands feeling damp when carrying her. With the first box I thought it was a fluke, but the next box ordered months later had the same issue. I dislike the baby powder fragrance of Pampers, but will be switching to them. They still have the wetness indicator in the larger sizes, which we lost when going from Little Snugglers to Little Movers. While I can tell if the diaper is wet by feeling it, I liked the indicator. It was also handy when going to pediatrician checkups as they've allowed us to weigh her with diapers on if they're dry. More importantly, I'm switching to Pampers to get rid of the dampness issue! We bought a box of Pampers from a local store when we were in a pinch and they worked perfectly. Huggies has been commenting here that they haven't changed anything but the tabs and plenty of other parents seem happy with their Little Movers, so perhaps it's something unique to us... but the Huggies are constantly damp and the Pampers aren't. I'll gladly switch back to Huggies if they ever fix the issue.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2014 1:50 PM PDT

OXO Tot On-the-Go Wipes Dispenser, Green
OXO Tot On-the-Go Wipes Dispenser, Green
Price: $7.99
13 used & new from $5.43

1.0 out of 5 stars Wipes dry out, August 31, 2013
I pre-ordered this before there were any reviews, hoping it would replace my usual ziploc bag of wipes in my diaper bag. When I received it, I was a bit skeptical, because it does not close securely, even when empty. There is single latch on the front, and along the sides the edges do not close tightly. I suspected the wipes may leak or evaporate, but filled it and stuck it in the bag anyway. I also kept my bag of wipes as a backup. When I went to use the OXO a few days later, I noticed there was a lot of condensation inside. I didn't have an occasion to use it for another couple weeks and when I opened it again, there was a small spot of mold on the top of the wipes and the whole stack was almost completely dried out. Meanwhile my ziploc of wipes is still moist and with no mold. The diaper bag was in the house the whole time, at normal room temperature, so there is no reason the wipes should have dried out like that except for the fact that the container does not close securely due to its poor design.

The button on top is hard to operate, as others have mentioned, and the container itself holds much fewer wipes than I'd hoped. All in all, I'm very disappointed and will check with Amazon to see if I can send it back. Perhaps if you're using this every day and constantly replacing the wipes then you won't have problems. Otherwise, if you leave the wipes in there for more than a week or two, expect them to dry out and be useless.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 8, 2013 1:44 PM PDT

The Timebook (The Time Chronicles 1)
The Timebook (The Time Chronicles 1)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Review by my 9 year old, August 6, 2013
I like how the author had different types of elements for the different types of magic in the book because it helped me understand how the magic worked. The start of when they go into the elemental fort, I didn't know where they had come from or how they got there, so that part was a little confusing. It seemed like something was missing from the story. The end was kind of frustrating, because I wanted to see where the time portal led to, but the book ended before they went into the portal. I want the author to publish the next book so I can find out what happens!

RoomMates RMK1311SCS Black and White Chalkboard Dots Peel & Stick Wall Decals
RoomMates RMK1311SCS Black and White Chalkboard Dots Peel & Stick Wall Decals
Offered by PosterRevolution
Price: $11.10
23 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but wish there were more larger dots, March 22, 2013
I bought these for my son's bedroom to go with his black and white theme. It came with what I would consider 7 large dots, 2 larger medium dots, 8 smaller medium dots and 14 small dots - for a total of 31 dots. So most of the dots are on the small side. The smallest are a little less than 1.5" in diameter, certainly not much to write on and left his walls looking a bit sparse.

I ended up not having enough to finish my son's (~ 100 sq. ft.) room, so just ordered another pack to finish. Even though the first set sat for well over a month pressed flat under heavy books (it comes with the sheets folded in thirds in the package), we still have some edges curling on on a few after being placed on the wall. Hopefully that won't be a recurring issue.

Stride Rite Dueling Lightsaber Lighted Sneaker (Toddler/Little Kid),Navy/Green,1.5 W US Little Kid

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit for wide feet, November 20, 2012
My son has wide feet and Stride Rite is one of the few brands that fit him well. It's difficult to find wide lighted sneakers, so we were thrilled to find these. He loves Star Wars and has gotten many compliments on these sneakers. For those that want to know more about how the lights work - there are three lights inside each lightsaber (you can only see these when they flash, it doesn't glow solid). There is just one lightsaber on each sneaker, facing the outside. When he steps, it first blinks the lights one at a time in a line (twice), then blinks all three at once (twice). It's noticeable, but not terribly distracting. He's worn them every day for a month now and so far they're holding up well.

Wilton 415-0451 Halloween 3D Combo Pack Box, 48 Count
Wilton 415-0451 Halloween 3D Combo Pack Box, 48 Count
Offered by TCP Global Corp
Price: $3.76
6 used & new from $3.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute designs, November 20, 2012
I got these for cupcakes I was making for my son's Halloween party at school. I made a dozen each of chocolate and vanilla and could use a different paper and topper for each flavor to easily distinguish which was which. I have half the papers left, which I can use for another occasion since the designs are pretty generic. I'm not sure what I'll do with the extra toppers yet! One note about the toppers, some came apart as I was assembling, but they were easy enough to stick back together.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3