Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for R. > Reviews

Browse

R.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. "Uber Nerd" RSS Feed (USA)

The Last Tycoon
The Last Tycoon
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great [period piece, June 22, 2016
Great [period piece. Matt Bomer nails it and the rest of the cast give solid performances. I want to see more!

Mediasonic Homeworx HW110AN Super Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna - 25 Miles Range
Mediasonic Homeworx HW110AN Super Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna - 25 Miles Range
Price: $8.74
45 used & new from $3.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap. You almost get what you pay for., October 23, 2014
Received with a broken stand, it is terribly small and receives no better than an old UHF antenna which was lousy for digital. It would cost me as much as the thing is worth to send it back so I feel ripped off.

Nikon D5100 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Auto Focus-S Nikkor Zoom Lens (OLD MODEL)
Offered by Bargin electronics
Price: $475.00
86 used & new from $300.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I've had it for a while now., July 1, 2012
Excellent images and fairly easy learning curve. Shoot in RAW, use Photoshop or Lightroom and you will be a very happy camper with professional results.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best strap I have ever owned..., February 27, 2012
and at this price, it better darned be just that.

Very comfortable, well built, function rich compared to typical straps and less expensive sling straps.

I often ride a motorcycle while making frequent stops to photograph and wanted something that would allow me to do this without the camera being in the way and flopping about. This strap seems to do just that. Like others, I feel I will add a strap from the base to a belt loop to secure it when not in an immediate use situation.

All in all, I am happy with this purchase.

Brake Lever 06 07 08 09 2006 2007 2008 2009 Suzuki Burgman AN650 AN 650
Brake Lever 06 07 08 09 2006 2007 2008 2009 Suzuki Burgman AN650 AN 650

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., February 17, 2012
Fit well with no problems on my 2007 AN650. Replaced in just a few minutes and was happy to replace evidence of a drop.

Photive Professional Battery Grip for Nikon D5200, D5100, D3100 Digital SLR
Photive Professional Battery Grip for Nikon D5200, D5100, D3100 Digital SLR

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough., February 2, 2012
Works well, the description noting a carriage for AA batteries has been changed so a renewed star. The battery cover of my D5100 fits nicely in the insertion stem contrary to a previous reviewer's note and am happy with my purchase.

Sony BDP-S185 Blu-Ray Disc Player (2012 Model)
Sony BDP-S185 Blu-Ray Disc Player (2012 Model)
8 used & new from $33.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bang For the Buck, November 23, 2011
Before I did anything with this I updated the firmware. Hooking up to my Netflix account was much easier than expected. Played nicely with no freezes and the picture was excellent. Freezes in streaming are usually due to a slow Internet connection or source.

Load times are very fast. Much faster than the Panasonic BD that it replaced. I also appreciate the fact that I don't have to use an external memory source for streaming capabilities such as a USB thumb drive or a card.

I also appreciate the smaller footprint that this unit offers. It's nearly half the size of the typical BD players out there today.

All in all, I would highly recommend this player.

(Note: Later replies from me on this unit should be disregarded as they are base on the BDP BX58 by Sony which replaced this unit.) Sony BDP-BX58 Blu-ray Disc Player 3D Built-in Wireless
Comment Comments (30) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2012 3:40 PM PST

Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5500 Revolution Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard
Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5500 Revolution Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard
Offered by IsaacTronics
Price: $688.94
6 used & new from $148.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware the 30' Range Claims With the Mouse, November 23, 2009
Bought this to go with a HTPC I had built and the PC is about ten feet away. The keyboard works fine, the mouse will not work unless it is within six feet of the PC. I am surprised because I have always had good luck with Logitech.

Panasonic VIERA G10 Series TC-P54G10 54-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV, Black
Panasonic VIERA G10 Series TC-P54G10 54-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. Simply wow., November 23, 2009
I have had this for about a month now and am still impressed.

I searched and compared for a month before making this purchase and it's better than expected. I visited several brick and mortar stores and with the lighting and set ups they used there it was really pretty hard to tell all that much difference between the different models so I wen to several AV forums and read all the reviews I could and decided that this was the one. The only other Plasma I could find with better reviews and ratings was the Pioneer (which was rated only marginally better than the Panasonic and MUCH more expensive).

I had to tweak the color settings to my own preferences and then BANG! it was off to the games. Football never looked better. Just finished building an HTPC with BluRay and plugged in the new Star Trek BD and was very impressed with the color and judder free playback.

Call me a happy camper.

Harman Kardon AVR 247 Home Theater Receiver w/ HDMI connectivity (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with my purchase, February 27, 2009
I've had this for a week now and and am very pleased with my decision. This is replacing an Onkyo 5.1 with similar power ratings. The sound is very similar and the main differences are the HDMI inputs, an extra IR input and the RS232 input for future use.

One big plus is the OSD which makes programming a breeze on the HK compared to the Onkyo. The microphone assisted auto tune for the speakers is great as well.

I have had no "popping" or sync errors that others have described but I will second that the remote is a bit intimidating and after a week I am still learning cool tricks and shortcuts on the thing. I'm running a Magnavox Cable/DVR, a Pioneer DVD and an XBox through the HK with no problems. I'm using 7 JVC 145.5 speakers with a larger JVC center speaker and love the sound on all formats.

I'd recommend this to anyone looking for quality on a budget.