nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for the Winter Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage R6 Siege Shop Now bgg Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more
Profile for K. Branson > Reviews

K. Branson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Branson RSS Feed (Louisiana)

RCA Home Stereo System w/ Removable 7-inch Android Tablet and Two 20 Watt Bluetooth Speakers
Price: $219.74
12 used & new from $129.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A groundbreaking approach to home audio by RCA. My new favorite way to listen to music., September 14, 2014
I am very pleased with this RCA Internet Music System. I still love my vintage Pioneer HiFi and direct drive turntables and Polk speakers and 200 watt powered subwoofer, but this system is the one I use all the time now. Having already been a fan of cloud based music (Google Play All Access, Beats Music, and Pandora in particular), I was used to streaming most of my music from a laptop, tablet or phone. I even have a dedicated laptop running through my vintage Pioneer stereo receiver, and I love that set up. But, this package by RCA is capable, smart, and totally convenient. If you are already on board with Android, so much the better for you if you buy this system. If you have a problem with this unit out of the box, don't give up on it. When this thing is up and running right, you will probably love it. I know I do. I mention the possibility of initial problems for two reasons. First, when powering up the RCA system initially, if you are prompted on the tablet screen to update the firmware, and you choose to do so later rather than right away, you may experience some problems. Therefore, if you are asked to update the firmware, do it. The system will update, power down, and reboot. All should be good then. The second problem area some on this and other sites have complained about is the Bluetooth pairing/connection with the device. Bluetooth can be a bit tricky with this unit because there is the potential for conflicting and competing hardware. There is Bluetooth on the Android controller unit, and there is also Bluetooth in the speaker unit. If the controller/tablet Bluetooth is paired/connected to the speakers, then you will be unable to connect to the speaker unit via Bluetooth from your phone or computer or other tablet until you turn off the Bluetooth on the RCA tablet/controller. Then you should be able to pair/connect to the RCA speaker unit. Also, if the RCA controller/tablet Bluetooth is turned on when you scan for devices from your phone/computer/etc. you will actually probably find two devices identified as RCA: one will be the controller/tablet, and the other will be the speaker unit. The speaker unit is the RCA device you want to connect to, and it will probably have a headphone icon identifying it as the speaker unit. If you pair with the RCA controller/tablet you will not get the music playback through the speakers. If you buy this system and experience any Bluetooth pairing/connection issues, your RCA unit may truly be defective, but based on my own experience with this system I am willing to bet that your problems will likely related to what I have tried to explain.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2015 5:39 AM PDT

Sub Zero Rocks Spirit Premium Chilling Stones Pure Soap Stone, Set of 9 with Gift Box Soapstone
Offered by BlueDot Trading
Price: $4.75
3 used & new from $4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Video review of Whiskey Stones, July 12, 2013
Length:: 1:50 Mins

I received a set of these whiskey stones for my birthday yesterday, and I think they are FANTASTIC! Watch the video review and I will tell you why. If the video won't play here for some reason (like it won't for me) search Youtube for Kevin's Whiskey Stone Review, because Amazon doesn't like embedded links to other sites.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2014 3:26 PM PST

The Bridge
The Bridge
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine story, well written, heartwarming., January 15, 2012
This review is from: The Bridge (Kindle Edition)
This fine little book (story really) is a short read, and well worth your time. Mrs. Bratt tells a heartwarming tale that is edifying and encouraging. She has a nice touch as a storyteller and writer. Highly recommended!

Polk Audio CS10 Center Channel Speaker (Single, Black)
Polk Audio CS10 Center Channel Speaker (Single, Black)
Offered by ListenUp
Price: $119.95
17 used & new from $74.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for home theater use, but got more than I bargained for, February 16, 2011
I purchased this CS10 to finish out my Polk surround system, having decided to replace a much inferior Bose system I have used for several years. While I am very pleased with the CS10 as a center channel speaker for 5.1 video entertainment purposes (it is excellent), my greatest enjoyment of the CS10 turns out to come from a use that I had not even anticipated: listening to 2 channel stereo music recordings (CD, MP3) processed by my amp/receiver with the Dolby Prologic II Music setting. Wow! If you have a nice set of Polk speakers (Front, Center, Surround and perhaps a Sub), and an amp/receiver that has the Dolby Prologic II Music capability built in, then take my advice and try listening to your stereo CDs that way. This newer version of Dolby does an outstanding job of translating the 2 channel L/R signal into a surround effect, especially the center channel (which is where the CS 10 shines). Essentially, when the Prologic II recognizes identical signals going to both the L and R channels, then that information is also ported to the center channel, and this, along with the other four speakers, results in a very realistic live performance sound, with a much richer overall audio effect. Really, it is amazing. The CS10, with Prologic II Music, improved my music listening experience 100 percent over the 2 channel experience with my Polk R20's and a good subwoofer.

The CS10 is a wonderful center channel speaker for movies. The huge improvement in music listening with Prologic II Music only makes this speaker that much more enjoyable to listen to.

It's a 10 out of 10, especially if you can pick one up cheap like I did.

Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply beautiful, July 3, 2008
This review is from: Albertine (MP3 Music)
I cannot recommend this album highly enough. Brooke Fraser has the total package as a musical artist: literate, poetic, melodic, soulful, , honest, and a voice like an angel. There is not a weak track on this album, and several songs are now among my all time favorite songs.