Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for ctcottagemom > Reviews

Browse

ctcottagemom's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ctcottagemom RSS Feed (Connecticut, USA)

Manifesting Change: It Couldn't Be Easier
Manifesting Change: It Couldn't Be Easier
by Mike Dooley
Price: $11.11
77 used & new from $2.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! The catalyst I needed to start writing my own script... joyfully!, February 16, 2012
This book was one of the main catalysts that freed me to finally start directing my life. If you are anything like me, books about the "law of attraction" and "we create the life we visualize", really resonate with you. The Secret was my first introduction to becoming aware that the universe was actually working with me to create the life I was thinking about. Up until then, I had mainly just considered myself "lucky" or even sometimes, "unlucky". Fortunately, the majority of my life fell into the "lucky" category. People saw me as someone for whom "things just worked out", and I felt so too. There wasn't a job I interviewed for that I wasn't offered, luxurious material goods I dreamed of buying were just given to me, I even got a beautiful house, free to live in for two years, just when I needed it! Before I knew it, I had the children I dreamed of in the exact house I imagined with the husband I had wanted. (In case you are thinking I'm some supermodel whom people continuously tried to please, let me just assure you that is NOT the case, my good fortune appeared to be just that... good fortune!) However, before I became aware of why and how I had managed to create such a "fortunate" life, I got bogged down in the chaos of family life, and I forgot to keep dreaming. What a terrible place to find yourself, unsure of what to even wish for or what could make you happy! I was heading towards a depression, and soon safely arrived. After reading The Secret, and many other similar books, I recognized that the power to create the life of our dreams was within each of us. I could see, how I had always been using these tools, albeit unwittingly, to bring me everything I always had. However, becoming aware of this isn't always enough. For example, I know all the right foods to eat to be wonderfully healthy, but that doesn't mean I reach for them. Sometimes the fact that we know better but still don't choose to behave accordingly is even worse that not knowing. We feel, guilt, confusion, frustration, and can't understand why we can't get out of our own way. Here I was, aware of this revealed truth, with a life history that magnificently supported it, but I was still unable to choose a new and positive reality. Enter "Manifesting Change" by Mike Dooley. Within the first two pages of the first chapter, Mike addresses, head on, one of the huge blocks I was up against with truly embracing "thoughts become things". For me, while "thoughts become things" resonated with me, I was still trying to not turn my back on my pre-constructed faith system. I was fearful of "what if I'm wrong" and "what if it's just my inflated ego thinking that I can play God and the true God is angry with me". In fact, it didn't help for me that many "law of attraction" authors often quote some of Jesus' words from the Bible... if they are quoting him... what about the other quotes, such as "I am the only way" , and "no one gets to the father except through me", etc. It only made me more confused when they presented Jesus as evidence towards their point, but ignored a huge part of the Christian message. Mike finally helped me begin to break through my limiting beliefs when he asked,

"What good is it to resonate with the law of attraction and to believe in an all-conspiring Universe, yet simultaneously believe that God is watching and judging you, or think that karma might undermine your dreams for achieving perfect health, or that your desire for abundance is somehow sinful or recklessly selfish?"

He goes on to say,

"The nature of our reality is deducible, knowable, and very simply this: we are creators, alive in a loving Universe - spiritual beings who live in a world of illusions that we have not only created but still exercise control over. The focus of our chosen attention is what shifts the circumstances of our lives around. That's it. Case closed. There's no hell, judgement, or New Age ideologies that mitigate this power. There is no such thing as a destiny to follow, dues to pay, or penance to offer."

WOW! Thank you Mike for fearlessly daring to say what needs to be said in order for some of us to fully embrace this beautiful truth. Thank you for daring to not just ignore common religious ideology, but to succintly state, that some of it is wrong, and it's time to let these limiting beliefs go. This is not the main focus of his book, but his thought provoking question, and following bold statement are a wake up call to some of us to clarify what we really believe.

For me, the other break through moment in the book, was when Mike addresses exactly what my other biggest problem was at the time. What if you don't know what you want? It's all fine and good for these books to tell me to "visualize what I want and get excited about it"... but what about when I've forgotten how to dream, and nothing excites me, what if I'm not sure what I want... what then? Mike addresses this head on, and it was like a light bulb moment for me. The most wonderful thing about this loving universe, is that I don't have to know the details of what I want, I can have joy just by deciding I want joy... In fact, that is the BEST place to start consciously creating a more glorious life. Mike describes clearly and easily where to begin,and I can confidently tell you, that it has worked for me, and my "luck" has changed again!

Different people are at different places on their path, but if you relate to where I was on my journey, then please read this book... You might have noticed that I said "begin to break through" earlier in this review. It was Mike's book that gave me the superb practical advice of how to put the universe to work to create a life I love, and challenged me to address whether I was fully embracing my power, or whether I was still holding onto limiting beliefs. But there was another story that gave me the confidence I needed to break through my fear and release my limiting thoughts. The story is that of Anita Moorjani, and the near death experience she had as her organs began to shut down from a losing battle with cancer. What she experienced, during her NDE, and her subsequent complete and miraculous healing, is truly life changing. (See my review her remarkable book, Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing). I know my journey still has many ways to unfold... but these two books seems to have combined for me, the breakthrough I was seeking to live fearlessly, as my authentic self, with a new sense of joy, and a beautiful confidence in a glorious future, that I have the power to create. Thank you to both these authors, and all the others who try to help us hear the message of our amazing selves. What a wonderful life it is!

Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing
Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing
by Anita Moorjani
172 used & new from $4.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a gift for all for us, from the oneness of us all, told by Anita!...You can't own this fast enough!!!, February 14, 2012
I cannot possibly recommend this book enough. I "accidentally" came across an interview with Anita on Youtube last fall. The beauty and genuineness of her soul shone through and her story was fantastic, mesmerizing, and made you feel lighter with hope and joy. I have been eagerly anticipating her book since then, frequently checking back and literally dropped everything to get the book when I saw it was out. And... that still wasn't soon enough! It's the type of book you'll get through in 24 hours and want to share with everyone you know after that. Anita doesn't claim to have your answers, but her story builds the faith that all your answers are within... live without fear, be authentic to yourself, and we are all one (hence, there is no judgement). I have been traveling down a path, trying to balance what I spiritually and internally believe, with what others try to convince me is the path to "salvation" and this book has finally sealed the deal that I no longer have to look for the answers out there. I have freed myself to experience what truth feels like to me, and I am doing so without any fear. So often, books about God being within every one of us resonate so well with me, but I find myself hesitant of going down the "wrong" path, and I don't fully embrace this beautiful truth. Dying to be Me, came at just the right time for me, following after some other great books including "Manifesting Change" by Mike Dooley (different theme, but wonderfully beneficial... I just reviewed his book too! (Manifesting Change: It Couldn't Be Easier). Dying to be Me is easy to read, yet loaded with life changing depth and meaning.

Thank you Anita for writing this book and for having the experience you did. Thank you for coming back to tell us. This book is all about hope, it is for everyone, whatever point they may be on their spiritual path, whatever phase of life they are in. I wanted a friend who was dying of cancer to hear this message last fall, but her ears and heart were closed and she passed quickly. That being said, I know she passed on to glorious happiness where she once again became aware of the true amazingness of who she really is. Anita too wanted to go on to "death", it was beautiful and filled with unconditional love, but she chose to come back to this realm to give ALL OF US a message. Some of our friends and loved ones will still die of sickness, maybe even after reading this book, but don't resent them their passing. I would think for most, the bliss of all perfection is a far greater pull than what they have just left behind. However... anyone who can, please hear the message that if we live fearlessly, give the world all of our true selves, and hold no judgements against anyone, then we can have our bliss here on earth too.

P.S. Thank you too, Mr. Wayne Dyer... you are truly a remarkable spirit. I had the pleasure of listening to Imaculee Ilibagiza speak, also last fall, and she too, just like Anita, shared her story of amazing coincidence on how you were influential on getting her book published by being "magically" in the right place at the right time. Your spirit is truly amazing as you allow the universe to bring amazing people to you, and the amazing you, to people. Thank you... you were probably my first introduction, through PBS, to the power of who we are, and you are living proof!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2013 8:27 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price - exactly as described - easy to install, January 15, 2007
I got two of these to place on the wall behind both of my boys in their bunkbeds. I have been looking for good reading lamps for them for a while - I didn't want to buy anything too "flexible" or a clip like lamp because I didn't want to run the risk of the lamp slipping or leaning into bed covers, creating a fire hazard. These lamps are great because they extend over head but won't "bend down" (although you can adjust direction the light points - another good feature). There are two brightness settings and the highest is just way too extreme, but the lower setting is perfect for reading. They are Halogen so they do get hot so I would only put them in a childs room who is capable of understanding that (my boys are 6 & 8 - and as a rule the lights are only used for reading at night and remain off otherwise). All other lamps I found similar to this were either too big or too expensive to jusify for a childs room. I only wish that they came in other colors. They are working out great.

International Playthings Earlyears Squeak E. Mouse Dressing Sequence Toy
International Playthings Earlyears Squeak E. Mouse Dressing Sequence Toy

2.0 out of 5 stars Clothes hard to get off and NO BACKPACK, January 15, 2007
Product is average...

On ours the button whole is sewed so tight even I have problems buttoning... impossible for my 20 month old. It says clothes remove fully and easily... which I thought would be great for my daughter since she likes to try and dress things... but the pullover has to be removed by pulling over the head and it isn't easy... and again is almost impossible for a little one. Also... ours didn't come with a back pack which I'm sure would have made the toy more fun! Perhaps she'll gain interest and capability with the toy in months to come... but right now... she has about as much interest in it as she does in say... carpet.