Profile for Eric B. Wolf > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 240

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eric B. Wolf "Geek of Many Trades" RSS Feed (Longmont, CO, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Zeetron Premium Replacement Charing Port Dock Assembly White for Iphone 4 (Includes Speaker, Microphone, Home Button Flex, Antenna, Charging Flex) + Tool Kit & Screw Mat + Zeetron Microfiver Cloth + Screen Protector for Cdma/verizon/sprint
Offered by Zeetron
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Antenna/Speaker worked perfectly in iPhone 4, March 28, 2015
I managed to break the cellular antenna on my wife's iPhone 4 while replacing the screen. I only used the Speaker/Antenna portion. The price was right and offered Prime shipping. The Speaker/Antenna was a simple drop-in replacement and worked perfectly!

The tools are just "okay". There must be a factory in China that just makes tool packs for iPhone repairs because every time I order parts for an iPhone, I get a new set of tools. I remember the first time I ever did a repair on an Apple product and needed to overnight a $30 screwdriver. That tool ate half my income for that job! I've done three screen replacements and this antenna replacement, so I have four sets of tools. I guess it's better to have the tool and not need it than need it and not have it!

Merl Saunders - Blues From the Rainforest: A Musical Suite
Merl Saunders - Blues From the Rainforest: A Musical Suite
DVD ~ Merl Saunders
Offered by Direct Book
Price: $4.67
26 used & new from $0.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic DVD and an incredible bargain!, March 28, 2015
I bought a CD of Blues From the Rain Forest around 1990. I made several cassette copies that I wore. Now the CD is in bad shape... I was quite surprised to find this DVD version for less than the CD on Amazon! I would have paid 3X the price for just the audio portion of this DVD. This DVD contains DVD-A versions of all the music from the CD plus a whole lot more. There's a live video of Merl and Jerry in San Francisco After Dark, a video about the Amazonian rainforest, and an entire live performance by Merl Saunders and his band.

The DVD authoring is a very 1999 with links to websites that no longer exist and a menu that looks like it was designed by an intern. But I didn't buy this disk for the menus or the links. Now I just need to decide how to best digitize the DVD-A!

iPhone 4 CDMA (Verizon / Sprint) Premium Screen Replacement & Repair Kit - White
Offered by iCracked HQ
Price: $94.89
7 used & new from $39.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Fix your phone, get a job!, February 26, 2015
This is the "Cadillac" of iPhone screen replacements. iCracked really put a lot of thought into this package, which includes:

1. The new screen with a screen protector pre-installed.
2. A poster you can tape down on your workspace that steps you through the process and provides spots to save the microscopic screws.
3. A set of decent tools (almost everything you'll need).
4. A postage sticker to mail the old screen back for recycling.
5. A job offer!

Seriously! iCracked also offers a service where one of their techs will do the replacement for you. In the kit is an advertisement for becoming one of their techs.

Mimi® Touchscreen Replacement for White Apple iPhone 4 CDMA Verizon Sprint Model A1349 Touch Screen Digitizer and LCD Display Assembly + Tool Kit
Offered by SunnyCalUSA
Price: $24.99
4 used & new from $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great deal for a replacement screen!, February 26, 2015
This display installed and worked perfectly. I purchased the unit sold by SunnyCalUSA.

This was the second replacement touchscreen I've purchased for my wife's iPhone 4. The first was an iCracked replacement (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00822YEJG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that cost more than twice as much. The iCracked does come with a really nice poster that you can tape to your workspace that shows the steps and provides spots to store the screws. But I already had the poster, so I thought I'd try a cheaper supplier.

The iCracked also comes with a screen protector installed and a return mailer to recycle the old display. The tools that came with the iCracked display were also a little nicer. But the tools that came with this display were perfectly functional.

Masione Auto Car 12 by 48 inches Self Adhesive Clear Bra Headlight Bumper Hood Paint Protection Film Vinyl Sheet Headlights, Tail Lights,Smoke Fog Lights Tint Vinyl Film Car Light HeadLight Sheet Car Sticker
Offered by F&B LED LIGHTS
Price: $6.99
4 used & new from $5.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, except for some giant folds that can't be smoothed out, February 26, 2015
I bought this to repair the plastic rear window on my '95 Miata. The plastic widow, being 20 years old, was oxidized and very yellow. This clear bra material was perfect for what I wanted but it had a bunch of folds in it that couldn't be smoothed out.

Darice FLT-0499 Felties Sticky Stiff Felt Sheets, 1mm, Primary Colors
Darice FLT-0499 Felties Sticky Stiff Felt Sheets, 1mm, Primary Colors
Price: $6.70
2 used & new from $6.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very plush, February 26, 2015
I used the black felt to line a cubby in my car dash where I like to stash my sunglasses. The stick back was fine but the felt was not as plush as I would have liked.

For Apple iPhone 4S (GSM,AT&T) Full Screw Set
For Apple iPhone 4S (GSM,AT&T) Full Screw Set
Offered by TLS Brands™
Price: $4.99
4 used & new from $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Screw loose..., February 26, 2015
I was replacing the screen on my wife's iPhone 4 (again). The screws are so tiny and easy to lose. This pack of screws meant I could keep going forward without having to hunt for a microscopic screw loose in the carpet. I wish the screws were packaged into separate baggies based on size. But for the price, this made the job much easier!

BOOMco. Rapid Madness Blaster, Blue Edition [Amazon Exclusive]
BOOMco. Rapid Madness Blaster, Blue Edition [Amazon Exclusive]
Price: $41.11

1.0 out of 5 stars Big F'ing Disappointment, February 3, 2015
This was such a disappointment. For about half a week, I had the toy at the office that everyone wanted to check out. In a "controlled" environment, I could empty the 20-round clip in a pair of seconds. It would take five minutes to pickup the darts and reload the clip. Then the darts started sticking in the clip, so the clip wouldn't advance. Then the thing developed a leak and won't hold pressure.

I didn't even get to use it once in a "real" battle. It was only used inside and only by adults. Hardly abused.

What really sucks is I ordered an extra 100 darts and two more clips that I can use without performing surgery on the gun.

Energizer CR1620 Lithium Battery, Card of 5 *ORMD
Energizer CR1620 Lithium Battery, Card of 5 *ORMD
Offered by All Watch Parts
Price: $4.13
45 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits 2010 Mazda 3 keyfob, December 2, 2014
I needed to replace the batteries in the keyfobs for my 2010 Mazda 3. This was the size I needed. The operation was a little tricky but I managed. Now the car locks and unlocks reliably.

MetaDerm Organic Psoriasis Moisturizing Cream (6.5 oz.)
MetaDerm Organic Psoriasis Moisturizing Cream (6.5 oz.)
Offered by Haus Bioceuticals
Price: $14.50
3 used & new from $14.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Suprise! It seems to work!, December 2, 2014
I have a patch of psoriasis on my leg that's been there for a couple years. It's itchy and flaky. Sometimes it gets better and sometimes it gets worse. It hasn't spread at all or really bothered me that much. I've tried about a dozen different home remedies and have even considered going to the doctor. I know from experience that the doctor can't really help much either.

If I had read the ingredients, I probably wouldn't have ordered it. I'm not a believer in homeopathy. But the reviews were really good and I thought I'd give it a try. It hasn't made the spot go away but regular use (2X per day) definitely lessens the intensity and flaking.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20