Profile for Eric B. Wolf > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 222

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eric B. Wolf "Geek of Many Trades" RSS Feed (Longmont, CO, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Wheelskins Genuine Leather Black Steering Wheel Cover-Size AX
Wheelskins Genuine Leather Black Steering Wheel Cover-Size AX
Offered by Auto Barn
Price: $48.95
3 used & new from $48.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than any steering wheel cover I've ever seen!, September 29, 2014
The steering wheel in my '94 M Edition Miata was getting kind of gross. The Wheelskin looks great and feels incredible. The leather is really high quality. It was easy to install. Much cheaper than a new steering wheel!

Carhartt Men's Workwear Long Sleeve Pocket T-Shirt K126,   Black,   Large Regular
Carhartt Men's Workwear Long Sleeve Pocket T-Shirt K126, Black, Large Regular
Offered by Rugged Outfitters
Price: $19.99
5 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shirt! Runs very big..., August 20, 2014
I usually wear a men's x-large in t-shirts. A while back I ordered an x-large Carhartt shirt life this and it was huge! The x-large works well if you need to pull something on over another shirt but even the large is roomy like that.

The large is a much better fit. The material is very strong. The fit is room and the shirt is long. It will keep you covered!

NEW Am-Fm Hidden Windshield Antenna Car Radio Truck
NEW Am-Fm Hidden Windshield Antenna Car Radio Truck
Offered by standbyon
Price: $9.95
13 used & new from $4.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than no antenna... but not by much..., August 20, 2014
I broke off the mast on my factory power antenna in a car wash on my 2004 Mazda Miata. I wanted something more sleek, so I decided to try a hidden antenna. This one was cheap and available for Prime shipping. The review weren't terrible.

Initially, I plugged this directly into the back of the radio (factory Bose unit) and put the antenna in the glove box. Reception was better than my broken-off antenna but not great. I found I could take the antenna out of the glove box and hand it over the rear view mirror for slightly better reception.

Later, when I removed the factory power antenna bits from the trunk, I moved this antenna to the trunk. Reception is a little better but still not great. There are many times when I can't seem to receive anything. If I use "scan" on the radio, it doesn't stop. If I manually set the frequency, I can get a signal that fades in and out.

I'm going to try the Metra Amplified Hide Away Antenna to see if it's better.

Brother EHL5470DW Refurbished Wireless Monochrome Printer
Brother EHL5470DW Refurbished Wireless Monochrome Printer
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars That was easy!, August 20, 2014
That was easy!

I had this printer working with my Ubuntu desktop and my wife's Mac laptop in about 10 minutes total. The hardest part was taking it out of the box and removing all the tags and braces. The printer lives in the same hutch as my wifi router, so all I had to do was press the WPS button on the router and tell the printer to connect to it. You absolutely need the quick start guide to find the proper menu choice on the printer. Once I found it, after a few seconds of negotiating with the router, the printer spit out a page with it's configuration information.

Setting up on Ubuntu required downloading the .deb files from Brother. Ubuntu 13.10 doesn't come with the proper drivers, so be sure to download them. After running the dpkg install, the printer was already setup and ready to go.

Setting up on OSX Mountain Lion was even easier. I just clicked + in the printers control panel and told it I had a new network printer. OSX detected the printer on the network, downloaded the drivers and gave me a choice of Postscript or native drivers.

The real test will come when I need to replace the toner. I bought this printer because the cost of inkjet ink was driving me insane. This refurb is rated to be able to print 2700 pages on the toner cartridge that came with it (compared to about 300 pages for an ink cartridge). The replacement toner is supposed to print 8000 pages. I'll update this review when I have to do a replacement.

RhinoGear 11930 Tire Hugger Wheel Chock - Set of 2
RhinoGear 11930 Tire Hugger Wheel Chock - Set of 2
Price: $8.03
7 used & new from $8.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and compact, August 20, 2014
When I take my car to the track, I need to let it cool down but can't put on the parking brake (or the rear pads may weld themselves to the rotor). These wheel chocks are very lightweight and nest nicely so they don't take up much room in the trunk.

Shepherd Auto Parts 1 Row w/o EOC w/ TOC OEM Style Complete Replacement Radiator
Offered by Shepherd Autoparts
Price: $82.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit in my 98 Ranger 2.5l AT, August 20, 2014
Quick and easy install on my 1998 Ford Ranger 2WD with 2.5l 4-cylinder and automatic transmission. The old radiator developed a huge crack in the plastic (after 225K miles). I had to pull the old radiator to patch the hole so the effort involved in the patch was equal to the replacement. I should have just ordered this in the first place!

Build quality seemed identical to the factory radiator. The new radiator fit perfectly. The AT cooling connector is a little different. It took some finagling to get it sealed properly. The leaking AT fluid made me realize I was due to change the AT filter.

Zuke's Z-Filets Healthy Grain-Free Filets for Dogs, Grilled Chicken Recipe, 7.5-Ounce
Price: $10.40
9 used & new from $8.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Agility Treat Ever!, August 11, 2014
These are the best treats for agility. I can keep one in my pocket for an entire class. They don't get greasy or oily or dry out too quickly. I can break off pieces as I need. And the treats are high enough quality that I could just make them dinner.

Isotoner Men's Smartouch Tech Stretch Gloves, Black, Large
Isotoner Men's Smartouch Tech Stretch Gloves, Black, Large
Offered by Our Little Corner
Price: $20.00
7 used & new from $19.67

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I hadn't thrown away the tags.., February 13, 2014
I am terribly disappointed in these gloves. They fail in every possible. First, the "Smartouch" doesn't work well at all with my Nexus 5. I use a pattern lock on the phone and it takes 10-20 tries to get the pattern right. Second, the glove has sort of "girdles" on the thumb and fingers that I assume are supposed to stiffen the tips for "smartouch" but mostly they cut off the circulation. My fingers got colder than if I didn't have gloves on at all. Third, there is some sort of panel on the back of the glove that feels like cardboard. Finally, while the palm, ring finger and pinky have a nice grippy surface, the rest of the glove is a very slippery fleece making it easy for your phone to slip from your hands.

Monte Carlo MC90BK Flush Mount Canopy Kit, Matte Black
Monte Carlo MC90BK Flush Mount Canopy Kit, Matte Black
Offered by Del Mar Designs
Price: $11.00
10 used & new from $11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked Great!, January 24, 2014
I used this to mount my new Monte Carlo Discus 52-Inch 5-Blade Ceiling Fan. I was originally a little disappointed because the Discus wasn't available as a flush mount. This mount was suggested after I ordered the fan. There wasn't perfect directions but it seemed pretty clear how to mount it. The results are great!

Stant 17591 Keyed Alike Fuel Cap Pack of 1
Stant 17591 Keyed Alike Fuel Cap Pack of 1
Price: $8.69
9 used & new from $8.69

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't fit my Mazdaspeed MX-5, January 22, 2014
I did some digging on Stant's website to try to find a replacement fuel cap for my 2004 Mazdaspeed MX-5. According to some places I found, the cap should have fit. It does screw into the fuel filler tube but the handle is too large to allow me to close the fuel filler door.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20