Profile for BB > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BB RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
iPhone 6 Case, JETech® Apple iPhone 6 Case 4.7" Bumper Cover Shock-Absorption Bumper and Anti-Scratch Clear Back for iPhone 6 4.7 Inch Release on 2014 (Bumper - Crystal Clear)
Offered by JEDirect
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect clear case to let your phone shine through!, October 3, 2014
love this case....I always hate covering up my iPhone with a case because the phone itself if so pretty. With the gold iPhone 6, I really wanted the phone to show and this case is perfect. Fits well, went from my run today with the phone in my hand...no slipping anf headset cord fir great with the case opening.

Seriously Delish: 150 Recipes for People Who Totally Love Food
Seriously Delish: 150 Recipes for People Who Totally Love Food
by Jessica Merchant
Price: $18.96
62 used & new from $12.94

5.0 out of 5 stars This book IS seriously delish!, September 10, 2014
I haven't looked forward to a cookbook release this much in ages. I'm a big fan of Jessica's blog, How Sweet Eats, and have been waiting with bated breath for her cookbook. This book does not disappoint.

Filled with Jessica's signature style of writing, you'll feel like you're in the kitchen with a friend...and a FUN friend at that. I love that Jessica loves food...all food...there's no pretentiousness here. The recipes are approachable and original. You might have had chicken tacos before, but what about Slow-Roasted Chicken Tacos with Gorgonzola Slaw? I can't wait to try her Whole Wheat Cinnamon Rolls, Parmesan-Pistacho Kale Chips, BBQ Chicken and Sweet Corn Pizza, and well...I want to try it all.

I've made two recipes from the book so far (planning another for dinner this week)...both were stellar.

If you're looking for recipes that will shake up your routine, but are still simple enough for every day meals, I think you'll love this book.

Big Little Lies
Big Little Lies
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, September 3, 2014
This review is from: Big Little Lies (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book and couldn't wait to pick it up again each night...on the other hand, I wanted to read it slowly so that it wouldn't be over so soon. Intriguing characters, most you'll recognize from the parents in your child's own school. The book kept me in suspense the whole way through.

Big fan of this author and once again, she does not disappoint.

Surprise-Inside Cakes: Amazing Cakes for Every Occasion--with a Little Something Extra Inside
by Amanda Rettke
Price: $19.60
80 used & new from $11.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful cakes...from the inside out!, March 27, 2014
I've been a reader of the author's blog for years and am so happy that she has a book about these beautiful cakes! Her instructions on how to make these cake masterpieces are very clear and detailed. I plan on making several of the cakes from the book, and now, armed with her instructions and techniques, I'm inspired to try a few designs of my own!

Carousel Classic Gumball Machine Bank, 12" tall - Die cast Metal Glass Globe
Carousel Classic Gumball Machine Bank, 12" tall - Die cast Metal Glass Globe
Offered by candymachines
Price: $24.42
13 used & new from $9.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift!, October 1, 2013
Not just for gumballs, but for candy, too. Makes a great gift and fits nicely on a desk. Perfect for graduation or new office!

Wilton 100-Pack Disposable Decorating Bags 12inch
Wilton 100-Pack Disposable Decorating Bags 12inch
Price: $20.49
12 used & new from $18.79

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for decorating!, October 1, 2013
I use these for decorating cakes, cookies, and cupcakes. Convenient and never explode like zip top bags! Love having the box of 100!

The Shift: How I Finally Lost Weight and Discovered a Happier Life
The Shift: How I Finally Lost Weight and Discovered a Happier Life
by Tory Johnson
Price: $22.99
146 used & new from $1.04

1.0 out of 5 stars the book in a nutshell: don't eat, October 1, 2013
I hesitate to write negative reviews of books. This one, though, was not only disappointing, but unhealthy.

I spent the first few chapters waiting for Tory to "shift" into healthy eating. And I kept reading, and reading and reading more about NOT eating...becoming a pro at moving things around on a plate...avoiding food at parties...cutting out lots of foods entirely, including fruit...only eating vegetables with no carbs.

In one section of the book Tory recalls when she told her own 14-year-old daughter that she would feel more comfortable if she lost 5 pounds! Talk about starting body image issues early! Let's not even go into the sex chapter (NOT what I wanted to read).

This book is about avoiding food, not moderation. Two quotes, "I can no longer think that "just one" cupcake, piece of bread, or potato chip is acceptable..." and "consciously NOT EATING is new and exciting."

Books like these just set people up for failure, unless you're on TV and know that you can get a book deal and lots of press coverage.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2014 2:50 PM PDT

GoFit Brook Benton Kettlebody By Brook Workout Dvd Set- 3 Disk Series
GoFit Brook Benton Kettlebody By Brook Workout Dvd Set- 3 Disk Series
Price: $28.99
6 used & new from $17.67

2.0 out of 5 stars not safe for wrists..., September 26, 2013
I have another kettlebell DVD which I love and was looking for another to rotate with those workouts. Was really surprised by many of the exercises and how unsafe they are for wrists, especially coming from another workout without those issues. Even with the modifications, the exercises still strain the wrist.

Tried both the cardio and strength DVDs, but not the yoga.

Friends With Kids
Friends With Kids
DVD
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars one of the worst movies I've ever seen, August 2, 2013
My husband & I are both big fans of both Jon Hamm and Kristen Wiig, so we were really excited to see this movie.

It was awful. Not funny, crude, depressing, filled with mainly unlikable characters. When the movie ended, my husband and I turned to each other and had the same reaction..."did the movie just end like that?"

The movie tries to be an "updated" version of When Harry Met Sally. It does not succeed. Skip it.

Peanut Butter Comfort: Recipes for Breakfasts, Brownies, Cakes, Cookies, Candies, and Frozen Treats Featuring America's Favorite Spread
by Averie Sunshine
Price: $14.46
49 used & new from $3.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Peanut Butter Lovers, you NEED this book!, June 14, 2013
If you're a peanut butter lover, or looking for a gift for one, you NEED this book! Peanut Butter Comfort is chock-full of inventive and delicious peanut butter recipes...lots of helpful baking tips, and beautiful pictures. All of the recipes are so tempting; it's hard to decide where to start! We tried the peanut butter swirl chocolate chip blondies this week and they are incredible! Highly recommend!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5