Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for J. Powell > Reviews

Browse

J. Powell's Profile

Customer Reviews: 176

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Powell "Superman" RSS Feed (Washington,DC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
The Vampire's Mail Order Bride (Nocturne Falls Book 1)
The Vampire's Mail Order Bride (Nocturne Falls Book 1)
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but..., May 29, 2016
This wasn't too bad but way too PG13 for my tastes. Everything that could have made it a good read seemed to be glossed over. I'm ok with not so detailed romance scenes but an action scene with vampires, shifters, and mob bosses should have a little more...well action. In any case, it was good to pass the time but I don't think I'm interested in continuing this series.

Revenant, The [Blu-ray]
Revenant, The [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Paul Anderson
Price: $17.99
59 used & new from $11.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Only Time Will Tell................., April 21, 2016
This review is from: Revenant, The [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
In order to really appreciate the story this movie is trying to relay, you must turn off everything around you that will distract you. This means phones of any kind, turn off the lights and tell the people (if there are any) to sit down and give you four hours of peace. Turn the movie on don't just watch it,but truly absorb the contents of this visual experience. You should not seek instant or rushed gratification; allow your self to become part of the experience and when you have allowed your self to escape your present day to day life happenings time willn't matter . When you are done absorbing the contents of this DVD (the feature film and extras), you should be left with a sense of sadness due to the things lost and what we are losing;consequently,there should also be a sense of shame, because of how we treat each other ,what we are allowing to happen to the only planet we have and the inhabitants on it. It is very hard to find people that care about what they sign their names to, it seems the people involved with this project really understood the big picture. If this doesn't happen for you, I suggest you go and re watch some reality TV show. I'm sorry if any one was offended during the reading of this review.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2016 4:07 PM PDT

Blood Destiny (A Blood Curse Novel Book 1)
Blood Destiny (A Blood Curse Novel Book 1)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I am absolutely HOOKED!, April 20, 2016
I am absolutely HOOKED! It's been awhile since I started a series that made anxious. I actually got upset because I had to go to work or feed the kids because it meant I had to put my Kindle down...kind of (thank Amazon for Audible). I should be ashamed right?! I loved it just that much! I went through a range of emotions with this book from horrified at Dalia's death to sympathy for the newly turned Braden who wanted impress the ancient warriors to being rendered absolutely speechless at their idea of REVENGE (they seemed to have a fascination with the male genitalia...Sheesh). The scene where we meet Braden actually had me holding my sides...it was just hilarious to me! I adored Braden and really felt for (and rolled my eyes a few times at) Jocelyn having witnessed what she thought was her fate. I understood and laughed at her suicide attempts...I probably would have reacted the same way. I enjoyed Nathaniel's story but I have to admit that I loved Marquis a little more, he was real no nonsense type of guy. Combine that with the other brothers' personalities and the entertainment is priceless! Can't wait to read Marquis's story in book two.

Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga Book 1)
Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga Book 1)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Read!, March 28, 2016
I waited for quite some time to start this series...I'm seriously regretting it now. It really had me hooked from the beginning, although I was ready to chalk it up as a really good YA read...until the end of the book that is. I was happy that Morgan and Jack finally got pass the romantic tension and down to business. However, I was really hoping it would Inigo...warning be damned! One good thing about delaying the start of a series is I don't have to wait to find out what happens next. So off to book two I go...

Hitman: Agent 47 [Blu-ray]
Hitman: Agent 47 [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Rupert Friend
Price: $14.99
55 used & new from $6.42

5.0 out of 5 stars A Feast For Your Senses., January 7, 2016
Fits in with the first, adds to the concept of the Hitman series. Stay away from the digital download of this movie, because it doesn't do the DTS-HD MSTR sound track justice. I prefer hard media over downloads, because you get the effects of the movie or music that you have paid for. If you have a surround sound this is going to be a treat for your ears. If you watch HD movies on a 10" screen or less and listen to music through ear buds, you will not like this movie. If you are a true movie junkie, you will enjoy this movie for what it represents.

Scandalous
Scandalous
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! What an awesome read!, January 4, 2016
This review is from: Scandalous (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was a random pick while browsing KU for something to pass the time during a much needed vacation. Well, who knew?! Not only did I laugh out loud several times, I cheered Sasha on, I mentally patted Theresa on the back in sympathy, and cursed Theo and Jackson to the point where I was almost ashamed...almost. It's been a while since I found a book worthy of such reactions. I have to check out other works by this author. In the meantime, I absolutely must add this book, as well as the audible version to my library. This is definitely a re-read.

Do Not Disturb
Do Not Disturb
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but...., January 2, 2016
This review is from: Do Not Disturb (Kindle Edition)
Thank God for KU or I would be a little upset about the money wasted. There were several story lines to follow, new characters introduced, and lengthy descriptions that made me think the author was having an out of body experience then remembered she had lost her chain of thought. I was really disappointed with the romantic aspect of the story. To me there wasn't enough chemistry between the two main characters to make me hope for a HEA. I just didn't care. And how he fell for a woman he essentially mistook for a 10yo boy is just beyond me. I found the romance between Ben and Sian was more interesting though it wasn't their story. Overall, though some parts were just tortured to get through, it wasn't bad. I just think there was more fluff than necessary.

Netgear AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router 1GHz Dual Core Processor - Router Only (R6400-100NAS)
Price: $128.95
64 used & new from $97.00

5.0 out of 5 stars HOUSTON WE HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM..........., August 10, 2015
My internet issue was solved with this router, my wife connected every thing and we are now experiencing Wi-fi bliss. We have over 15 connected devices and it lets you give names to each connected device. It was expensive but it was well worth the price we paid for it. Now we can watch a complete Netflix movie without it buffing or stopping. My wife said it was easy to set up and we love the way it has solved our connection problems. If you are experiencing the same issues that we were, get this router and your frustrations will be over. It will be a investment you will not regret you made.

MONTBLANC Legend Eau de Toilette 3.3 fl.oz.
MONTBLANC Legend Eau de Toilette 3.3 fl.oz.
Price: $85.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Something New., August 9, 2015
Nice fragrance; longevity is OK, could be better. It is still a nice fragrance that will get you compliments.

Galaxy S6 Edge Case, Verus [Thor Active][Shine Gold] - [Heavy Duty][Belt Clip][Kickstand] For Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Price: $15.44
14 used & new from $2.46

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it., August 9, 2015
Great price for an item that fits perfectly on my new G6 EDGE, I like the way it clips on my belt very securely. Works for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18