Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for Matt > Reviews

Browse

Matt's Profile

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matt "Matt" RSS Feed (Madison, AL USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Safety Seal 30 String Pro Tire Repair Kit with Storage Case
Safety Seal 30 String Pro Tire Repair Kit with Storage Case
Offered by FBA.
Price: $34.50
22 used & new from $34.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, February 23, 2016
I've used the regular little kits from local stores, and I've been able to get by on them. I was complaining about the cheap little handles, and how much of a pain they were when a co-worker recommended this kit. I have only used it once, but it was worth every penny. It is much easier to use, with nice quality tools. Everything went a lot smoother, and took much less time. Now I keep it in my truck full-time, in case I need to make a road repair.

Highly recommended.

2pc Ritche 22mm Nylon Striped Black,black/gray Interchangeable Replacement Watch Strap Band
Offered by victorgo
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $11.95

3.0 out of 5 stars while on the bands I usually like have enough slack to fold it over before tucking ..., February 17, 2016
Works acceptably well, but much shorter than I anticipated. The end just barely reaches the second metal loop, while on the bands I usually like have enough slack to fold it over before tucking it into the band.

I'm A Mom, What's Your SuperPower?" 12oz Coffee Mug Great Gift for Mother
I'm A Mom, What's Your SuperPower?" 12oz Coffee Mug Great Gift for Mother

3.0 out of 5 stars Would have been nice, but it arrived in pieces, December 18, 2014
Would have been nice, but it arrived in pieces. Apparently it is a little delicate.
Ordering another and crossing my fingers.

Pocket Casts
Pocket Casts

2.0 out of 5 stars Would be nice, but reboots, June 27, 2011
This review is from: Pocket Casts (App)
This would be a very nice podcast app. It has a clean, usable interface, and lots of podcasts already in it's library. the only problem is it constantly reboots the phone (Droid X running stock Gingerbread). Sad to say, as it is, it is unusable.

Casio Men's AWG100-1A G-Shock Multi-Band Solar Atomic Analog Watch
Casio Men's AWG100-1A G-Shock Multi-Band Solar Atomic Analog Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged watch looks good, February 26, 2010
I've only had the watch a few days but my impression is very positive. It is a little thicker than I expected, but I believe that comes from being in the g-shock line. It is very good looking, as I'd hoped it would be from the pictures. Overall this is a win for Casio, and I'm glad to have bought it.

Pros: Durable and good looking. It looks like you could drive on this thing and still find it ticking away. I worried about going to the rubber band, as I haven't had one of those in a long time, but I find it fits well, and looks like it will hold up very well over time. It is solar and atomic, so there won't be much fiddling necessary to keep it running and accurate. The light shines brightly enough and with the raised tick edge with the second marks it is very easy to see the time. It has an alarm, a countdown timer, and a stopwatch function which cover most of the basic needs I had.

Cons: There are a few cons, though none so big as to make me regret the purchase. The light does not stay on long, even if you hold the button down. I suppose this is to prevent a power drain even if it is wedged against something that is holding the light on, but I would think it could stay on for 10 or 20 seconds if you were holding it down. The atomic clock receiver seems very weak. It has a lot of trouble receiving updates, and I don't have a north-facing window in a convenient spot. I expect that it will synchronize enough that this will not be a big issue, but it is something I may keep an eye on. The 'glow' paint on the dials and hour marks is just not very powerful. I can't really see them unless I go from a very bright spot to a completely dark room instantly. They do not charge with the led light that I can tell at all. As mentioned by someone else, it is completely unnecessary to have a digital 'dial' dedicated to displaying the atomic clock last synchronized to. it would have been more useful to have the date in one, and day in the other, or some other more useful info. I will _always_ be syncing to US60. I do not need something to tell me that. I wish it had a second-hand... just my personal preference. These are a lot of little gripes, but this is still probably the closest to ideal in this price category.

The biggest problem I see is that it will be very hard to kill this watch to justify a new one someday. If you want a tough, low-maintenance watch with some good features, this looks like a winner.

Citizen Men's AN0950-53L Chronograph Stainless Steel Watch
Citizen Men's AN0950-53L Chronograph Stainless Steel Watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, with some flaws, February 22, 2010
I think mine is one bought just before the eco-drive thing picked up, because I do not have it, yet this is the exact watch I have. The face is nice, though the chronograph is a little annoying and, in my humble opinion, just there to look good. It has been fairly accurate and the stopwatch has always functioned well on mine. The band is thick, but not uncomfortable at all. All-in-all it looks nice and works well.

My biggest complaint is that a few years ago the band-pin came loose and was lost. Since then several jewelers have replaced this pin again and again. It never seems to hold as well as the original. I think the band's heft is stressing a typical pin too much. I am finally tired of it and moving on to another watch.

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Upgrade [Old Version]
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Upgrade [Old Version]
Offered by SoftwareNoggin
Price: $219.94
7 used & new from $173.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Improvements all around, October 29, 2009
First let me say I purchased the student discounted edition (well worth it if you have an .edu account). I do not think there is any difference, but I could be wrong on that.

I was upgrading from Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit OEM System Builders to Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. I was not sure if the OEM status would cause any issues with my license. It did not. I was also well aware that my upgrade path was not an in-place upgrade (it was going to wipe out my old windows installation). I did not mind this, as I didn't want any bugs and/or poorly installed software following me. I wanted the clean slate.

Upgrading was a snap, given that I was aware of it being a custom install. It recognized everything, told me it was moving my old windows installation to C:\Windows.old, and once it started, needed no intervention from me. Definitely one of the most painless Windows installs I've seen. I'm sure some people had issues, but I did not. When it completed and rebooted, I was in Windows 7 and there was a Windows.old directory containing my old C:\Windows, C:\Program Files, C:\Program Files(x86), and C:\Users. It seemed to do a good job of keeping things intact.

All my hardware was recognized and functioning. That year of truly beta testing really paid off. I had even had a strange vista bug that kept my dvd drive from recognizing when new discs were in it, that is gone. The only nagging hardware issue I've had is in sharing a printer, I had it get into a strange mode where it thought the printer was offline, though it knew it was turned on. I removed the printer driver, turned off the printer, rebooted, and reinstalled the printer. Voila. No problems since.

Compatibility has been very good so far. No major issues I've run across. As far as this goes it feels very much like vista under the hood. It has the same options for running items in various levels of compatibility. I haven't reinstalled everything, but it all seems good. I purchase the Pro version specifically to get Virtual PC with Windows XP (it is a free download for people with Win7Pro). So far it has worked fantastic. I had used virtualbox and vmware before, and I have to say for a windows guest os, virtual PC is great. It lets you run the whole OS windowed like the other products, or run an individual XP application straight from the start menu, like Linux's WINE. Very nice. It has functioned with the VPN software my company uses flawlessly.

The things which are new in windows 7 have been a great improvement as well. The taskbar which everyone has raved about is very nice. I've used a lot of different style interfaces in Linux, and it is not as earth-shattering to me, but most PC users have had the same basic taskbar since windows 95. I like pinning items and keeping the child windows all under the same icon. It is a big improvement. I think something to improve icon managemnt on the desktop would have been helpful, but I've discovered stardock's "fences" application, and that works very well.

Overall, it is not perfect, but it is what Vista should have been. I am most happy with the way microsoft beta tested it and took in usabiliy issues. They seemed to swallow their pride and really pay attention to the Vista complaints. I think this is what makes Windows 7 such a winner.

Wii Fit Game with Balance Board
Wii Fit Game with Balance Board
Offered by Gimme This 1
Price: $89.99
182 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth every penny, July 27, 2009
I've always wanted to get into better shape, but felt a little trapped with small kids, and little time. I knew a gym membership would go to waste, as I would fall off schedule. Once I saw the Wii Fit, I thought it might be what I needed, but was doubtful. With the good reviews and a couple of personal recommendations I decided to give it a try.

This thing works. I am very impressed with the range of activities and all the different areas it works on. I've been a little sore every day since I've had it (one week), and every day in a different spot. It lets you choose the activities you would like, which lets you avoid things which you may be unable to do (bad knees, or something). The downside to this is some people may choose the easy path, and get less of a workout, but you will still be improving some body skill. I choose to select at least a few activities from each category every day, and extras in areas I feel a need to improve in. After a week I am already seeing results in muscle tone.

Pro: It excercises many areas of the body. It has different styles of exercise (yoga, strength, aerobic, and balance). Much cheaper than a gym membership. Best of all: it is FUN.

Con: Because you must navigate through the menues between each activity, you don't get a continous workout.. could be better there. The little extensions for the wii fit's feet to be used on carpet don't attach any way but friction. This is a little frustrating since you have to move the balance board around a bit for different activities.

Overall: A great way for someone who has been so inactive to get into it. I'm loving it, and plan on making it a part of my daily life.

XtraFlex Super LED Book Light, Silver
XtraFlex Super LED Book Light, Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice light, though a little bulky, June 8, 2009
Plenty bright enough and light angle is wide enough to illuminate my Kindle 2 very well. Its a little bulky, but I think that is what you get when you want the convenience of 'AAA' batteries.

The first I received was a dud, only one LED ever lit, and it is supposed to switch between 1 and 2 LEDs lighting up at a time. Replacement seems fine.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Game of the Year Edition
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Game of the Year Edition
Offered by Click For Games UK ltd
Price: $9.99
23 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game. Great entertainment value., June 4, 2009
Decided to pick this up after being hooked on Oblivion. The graphics and interface are a little dated (think Half-Life vs Half-Life 2). Despite this the game has a lot more depth and conflict than Oblivion, so far. Things are much less clearly black and white, morally. I like this a lot. I look forward to the next Elder Scrolls, if they produce it.

This game can be improved a lot with a few mods. You can google for it, but the best additions I think I made were:
Morrowind Graphics Extension
Better Bodies
Better Faces
Better Beasts
Morrowind Comes Alive

Those dramatically improve things. It does take a little work to figure out how they should install, so install them before you get far in the game in case you do not get it right. It is well worth it though.

All in all I recommend this and oblivion, which are both cheap as dirt right now. They are a little overwhelming in scope at first (I shelved Oblivion for a long while because of this) but they're very entertaining once you get a feel for the game flow (basically very open ended, with lots of free will).

Enjoy!