Profile for Claude Beland > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Claude Beland RSS Feed (Nicosia, Cyprus)

Fujifilm FinePix 2600 2MP Digital Camera w/ 3x Optical Zoom
Fujifilm FinePix 2600 2MP Digital Camera w/ 3x Optical Zoom

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera - disaster waiting to happen, September 27, 2002
This camera is, simply put, great! The only beef I have with it is that it is so easy to have an accident. One small slip and you end up erasing or reformatting all your photos. It has to be the most frustrating experience. No matter how careful one is, it always seems to happen at an important event (X-mas, weddings etc.)
It would be great is there was additional security features to reduce the risk of deleting one's photos.
I also find that the Finepix software is less than user friendly. It works fine as long as there no glitches, but God help you if there is a problem. In my case, it couldn't find the file???. Read all the brochures, went through all the menus. no luck.
I'd have to say, unless your tech gifted, just take your photos and have them developed. Don't try to be fancy and touch anything. or better yet, get another camera

Offered by DealTavern
Price: $3.95
45 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Kept trying, despite my previous review, June 28, 2002
This review is from: WTA Tour Tennis PS2 (Video Game)
I wrote a review of this game a few weeks back, I found the game good but lacking in realism as it was virtually impossible to win a point, much less a game.
Being the world's largest tennisaholic and stubborn as a mule, I continued to play the game to see if perhaps it was because I was just no good at it. Well, 7 weeks later, with me, my wife and kids all chipping in, we've climbed the rankings with sore thumbs only to discover a technical hitch. At one point, you are awarded special shots, in this case, the running shot. The problem arises when running towards the ball, one then presses a shot button but rather than hit the ball, the player stops and immediately heads the other way. (point to the opponent). My game version is from Europe and the only way to reach Konami is in German (I'm not German) so perhaps this will not happen in the US version. But be warned. Tried other machine,joysticks, etc. to eliminate possible explanations.
The game definitely has other problems, such as it being impossible to get to a service return of a high powered opponent such as Serena even though you know where the ball is going. The solution is to serve as slow as possible in order to be able to get where the ball should go (but you're guessing!!!) Also, when playing against a strong server (Davenport), one must actually start their own swing BEFORE she hits the ball. Pretty lame if you ask me.
... Now as a deeply depressed tennisaholic, I must admit defeat and strongly recommend you look for another title.

Offered by DealTavern
Price: $3.95
45 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars most frustrating game ever played, May 12, 2002
This review is from: WTA Tour Tennis PS2 (Video Game)
WTA tour Tennis has the graphics and gameplay I've been looking for for years. The World Tour Mode is a great idea where you compete for WTA points and enjoy a rise in rankings.
Where I have a problem with the game is that it is virtually impossible to beat a player, even in Tier 4 tournaments as the CPU players never miss. In fact, these 90th ranked players have an amazing ability to hit an ace when needed and to pinpoint returns of serve directly on the line time and time again. I could understand this if I was playing a top 10 player, but hte first round of Tier 4 tennis is a bit exaggerated. It is extremely difficult to rush the net, and if you do, you can be sure the CPU player will find a line somehow or the other.
I also found that the controls left a lot to be desired. The dash function only seems to accomplish making the player stop briefly, run then swing erratically away from the direction of the ball; quite useless and frustrating.
I don't mind loosing a game, but find myself loosing 6-0 every single time. Quickly lost interest in the game and must say to those considering it to strongly consider renting it first if you can. Perhaps you'll find something in this game that I missed.