Profile for Zac > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Zac "Zac" RSS Feed (New York, NY USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Mikasa Cheers 3-1/4-Quart  Round Pitcher
Mikasa Cheers 3-1/4-Quart Round Pitcher
Offered by Giftshop1234
Price: $38.90
5 used & new from $38.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, Beautiful, April 29, 2013
There isn't much you can say about a glass pitcher, I suppose. It is solid, gorgeous, and came without blemish.

Puma Men's Faas 250 Evaporate Running Shoe
Puma Men's Faas 250 Evaporate Running Shoe
Price: $59.49 - $64.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but not for everyone, April 29, 2013
First off, I do not run in these. I bought these shoes purely for casual wear, since I wanted a laceless sneaker to slip on. Therefore, take this review with a grain of salt as I have no idea how these shoes perform when used for their intended purpose.

As casual shoes, these have several strengths:
1. They're extremely light and comfortable.
2. They breathe very well; they're perfect for hot weather.
3. For laceless shoes, they fit quite securely.

However, there are definitely some negatives that you should be aware of if you're considering buying these:
1. If the weather is cold and/or wet, do not wear these. The same ability to breathe that makes them so comfortable in the summer will absolutely soak your feet within minutes in the rain. These are not water resistant in any way whatsoever.
2. They are not incredibly sturdy. I've worn mine for about nine months now and there is quite a bit of wear. They're about halfway between a solid, sturdy shoe and a disposable paper slipper.
3. The colors are just ridiculously loud. I opted for the blue ones, thinking they'd be a more solid blue, however they're very light grey and baby blue. I can't wear these with jeans without feeling utterly ridiculous. Actually, I can't wear them with shorts either, unless I pretend that I've just come from a run. Then I don't just feel ridiculous, I am ridiculous.

I do like them, overall. I just don't find them to be very practical for day to day wear.

ASICS Men's GEL-Tech Walker Neo Walking Shoe
ASICS Men's GEL-Tech Walker Neo Walking Shoe
Price: $79.95 - $100.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Comfortable, Though Snug, May 12, 2012
I've been using these every day for the past month, and they're incredibly comfortable.
I'd just like to note that I found these to be a bit on the small side. My last three pairs of sneakers were also Asics, and all fit perfectly. I ordered these in the same size as those last three pairs, and was surprised to find that these were noticeably more snug.

Levi's Men's Smooth Leather Wallet
Levi's Men's Smooth Leather Wallet

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Wallet; Bad Chain, December 17, 2010
I looked at a huge selection of chained wallets on Amazon, and I eventually settled on this one for one simple reason: I wanted to be able to detach the chain easily. I'm amazed at how many chained wallets don't have this feature. Anyway, the wallet itself is excellent. It looks great and it's well constructed. I don't recommend it for credit card hoarders, however, as it's only made to hold a driver's license, two or three credit cards, and some cash.

My primary complaint with this wallet is the chain that comes with it. For one thing, it's rather short. With some pairs of jeans, the wallet doesn't even sit at the bottom of my pocket due to the chain. Also, the clasp used to attach the chain to your pants is very small. It's made to be attached to a belt loop, and not the belt itself. I find this very annoying, as pants manufacturers all seem to have different ideas about where belt loops should be placed. Finally, the chain is just not as sturdy as I'd like.

I recently bought a new chain, and now I'm totally happy.

Cuisinart 419-14 Contour Stainless 1-Quart Saucepan with Cover
Cuisinart 419-14 Contour Stainless 1-Quart Saucepan with Cover
Price: $19.95
8 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great, Well Made, December 17, 2010
This pan looks fantastic and is solidly constructed. I was worried about balance issues due to the long handle, but I haven't had any problems whatsoever.

Italian Cut Men's Titanium 10MM Curb Link Bracelet 9"
Italian Cut Men's Titanium 10MM Curb Link Bracelet 9"
Offered by Titanium Kay
Price: $97.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, December 17, 2010
I bought both a necklace and bracelet of the same cut, and I'm very happy with both. I wanted them in titanium because I hate having to treat jewelry with kid gloves. I wear these constantly: working, working out, swimming, showering, etc., and they look exactly the same as the day they arrived.

There are two reasons for which I gave this four stars instead of five:
1. Some of the links aren't closed as tightly as they could be. I have no fear of the chains coming apart; I'm talking about a few gaps of a millimeter or less. It's purely an aesthetic issue, and, really, I'm the only person looking closely enough to notice.
2. The other issue is also aesthetic. The underside of the clasp says "Japan", which I find very tacky.

Overall, I'm very happy with this bracelet.

Italian cut Titanium 10MM Curb Necklace Chain 22"
Italian cut Titanium 10MM Curb Necklace Chain 22"
Offered by Titanium Kay
Price: $154.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, December 17, 2010

There are two reasons for which I gave this four stars instead of five:

Overall, I'm very happy with this necklace.

Rhode Island Novelty 10" Glass Chess Set
Rhode Island Novelty 10" Glass Chess Set
Offered by Tucker's Toy Shop
Price: $11.13
4 used & new from $11.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for the price, December 17, 2010
This chess set isn't very big (10" x 10"), but it looks fantastic for something with such a low cost. The board and pieces are well constructed, and I haven't found any flaws in my set. My only minor complaint is that the four corner pads under the board detract from the aesthetic value of the set. It is a minor complaint, though, and the set still has a five star appearance for its price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2014 3:08 AM PST

Home Dynamix Marquis 12000-196 3-Feet 6-Inch by 5-Feet 2-Inch Area Rug, Beige/Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars It looks really nice, December 17, 2010
I'm quite happy with this rug, and, like the previous poster, I wish I'd gotten a bigger one. It arrived quickly and well packaged. If you're using this on a hardwood floor like I am, you'd be wise to invest in a rug pad as this rug slips quite a bit, especially after mopping.

Electrix Illumination 7770-WE Contemporary Bankers Lamp, 14 High, Curved Stem, White Glass Shade/Brass Base

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, Nice, December 17, 2010
I've developed a desk lamp fetish as of late, and this is one of the better lamps I've bought. I've bought a few lamps that didn't withstand the rigors of simple, everyday use, so I should mention that this lamp is well-made. My only complaint about it is that the power chord is a brass/gold color. It's supposed to match the color of the lamp itself, but I don't think it looks very good. I'd honestly prefer a simple, black chord.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4