Profile for James R. Bertrand > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

James R. Bertrand "Let's be saints!" RSS Feed (Lincoln NE)

The Newman Guide to Choosing a Catholic College: What to Look For and Where to Find it
by Joseph A. Esposito
62 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars For people who take choosing a college seriously - here's the info you've been looking for., July 25, 2008
Fr. Kenneth Baker, Editor of Homiletic and Pastoral Review magazine said this about The Newman Guide - "This book is good news for parents who want to send their children to a Catholic college that is truly Catholic. I recommend the book highly for priests and counselors who deal with high school graduates who are looking for a Catholic college."
I read the entire book and found it to be a straight-shooting, candid look at what goes on in truly authentic Catholic schools. It is refreshing!
We sent our daughter to one of those 21 colleges it recommends. Her Catholic faith has been nurtured there and she has grown intellectually as well. I couldn't be happier with the "consistency" between
- what she learned at home
- what is reinforced at this Catholic College
(Benedictine in Atchison, KS)
- what The Newman Guide said about this college
I liked the book so much I bought a 2nd copy and donated it to our local Catholic high school, where it is visible in the counselor's office. For anyone who takes choosing a Catholic college seriously(and wants the inside scoop) this is a most valuable book.