Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for PyroKitty > Reviews

Browse

PyroKitty's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PyroKitty RSS Feed (Ca, US of A)

NES System: Video Game Console
NES System: Video Game Console
203 used & new from $52.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Original wonder that started a trend, April 7, 2003
I was raised on gameboards and NES. I left the gameboards and explored our NES system. We started out with almost 100 games, and now we have over 200! I own almost 20 of my own games today.
The games aren't all about blood, gore, and sexual content. They are more family friendly. Some of my favorites include Dragon Warrior, River City Randsom, Final Fantasy, Kirby's Adventures, Metroid, Zelda/Link, Star Tropics, Friday the 13th, and many more. Most of these allow you to save your game, and some allow 3 or more different games to be stored at once.
This system can be hard to clean on the inside, which is the only downside I can think of. Although, if you buy one used there is no guarantee that it will be clean, work, or in mint condition anyway.
For all the people buying the used systems and then complaining about them: spend a few more dollars and get a brand new one! Imagine all the money you are saving by buying a classic, rather than a hyped up system with few games (each costing more than a brand new NES and a few games).
The NES gets 5 stars for game selection, 5 stars for family-friendliness, and 5 stars for price.

The Shelters of Stone (Earth's Children, Book 5)
The Shelters of Stone (Earth's Children, Book 5)
by Jean M. Auel
Price: $23.07
744 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars A let down, but there is still hope!, November 10, 2002
Ever since I saw The Clan of the Cave Bear on TV in the 5th grade I have loved Jean Auel! Right after the movie ended I realized my dad HAD that book! In 5th grade I read The Clan of the Cave Bear, in 6th I read The Valley of Horses, in 7th I read The Mammoth Hunters and The Plains of Passage, and then finally in the 11th grade I got to read The Shelters of Stone!
I feel that I waited 6 years for a book of lower quality. Ayla no longer has serious struggles, just that people hate her for being perfect! I found myself imagining her making a major mistake, starting a fight, or even getting hurt while hunting just to add to the action! This was the overall most boring book of the series, even with all the descriptionary pages I glazed over in The Plains of Passage! I don't even remember what the masses of the pages were about!
This series is my favorite, I even started writing because of it! I refuse to give up hope! There is, after all, one more book! I'm still waiting, but not as eagerly...