Profile for Memo G. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Memo G. "Memo G." RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Pilot Vanishing Point Collection Retractable Fountain Pen, Black with Rhodium Accents, Blue Ink, Extra Fine Nib (60341)
Price: $139.60
4 used & new from $139.60

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a really cool pen with awesome thin nib, February 23, 2015
I got the pen as a self-present after getting a nice work bonus. I had been using Lamys mostly and decided to upgrade a bit. It was totally worthwhile! the pen is very comfortable to hold for me. The mechanism is very practical and works just fine.

What I liked most about the pen though is the width of the nib. It is very narrow, the narrowest nib I own by far. I currently have it inked with Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuki-Yo ink and it just slides and glides awesomely on Moleskine paper.

iPhone 5s Screen Protector, JETech® Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, and iPhone 5c
Offered by JEDirect
Price: $5.95
2 used & new from $0.05

5.0 out of 5 stars With glass there's no going back, February 11, 2015
Once I found about about tempered glass covers I don't even intend to look at plastic ones. I mean, there are excellent plastic covers out there and I found them useful and effective, just like I found listening to cassette tapes useful and effective in the 90's.

This protector is well designed and built, the packaging is good too and it fits my iphone 5S perfectly. Installing it was quite easy, I just turned on the shower with hot water for a couple of minutes to bring up the moisture in the bathroom in order for dust particles not to stick on the screen while applying the protector.

Outset Silicone Wine Stopper Set
Outset Silicone Wine Stopper Set
Price: $7.54
7 used & new from $7.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, January 26, 2015
There are so many types of wine stoppers out there, some so fancy that require instructions. I have tested many of them and all end up leaking.

These stoppers are a back-to-basics approach that really works. Simple and durable. Nothing fancy about them. They just work.

Timberland PRO Men's Anti Fatigue Technology Replacement Insole,Orange,Medium/8-9 M US
Price: $22.88
11 used & new from $22.88

5.0 out of 5 stars My shoes now feel like heavy Crocs, January 26, 2015
I bought these insoles as a replacement for a pair of timberland steel toe shoes that are in very decent shape except for the original insoles. I have to say, if I knew that the insoles would feel like this, I would have bought them so much earlier than I did.

The best way to describe the feeling of walking on them is that my steel toe shoes now feel like a pair of heavy Crocs, which is something I really like.

Tech Armor Apple iPad mini 3 / iPad mini 2 / iPad mini Anti-Glare/Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protectors [3-Pack] Lifetime Warranty
Offered by Tech Armor
Price: $8.95
3 used & new from $5.95

3.0 out of 5 stars It gets scratched really easy with the stylus I use for drawing (Adonit Jot ..., January 26, 2015
It does its job, but I ended up changing it for a tempered glass cover, which is in a different league altogether than this one and is about twice the price, but it is worth it.

It gets scratched really easy with the stylus I use for drawing (Adonit Jot Touch)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2015 11:22 PM PST

ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Apple iPad mini / iPad mini Retina / iPad mini 3 Screen Protector Anti-Bubble Ultra HD - Extreme Clarity & Touch Responsive with Lifetime Replacements Warranty
Offered by New Tech Accessories
Price: $29.95
2 used & new from $6.97

3.0 out of 5 stars It adheres quite nicely and is quite transparent, January 26, 2015
It's an ok screen shield. It adheres quite nicely and is quite transparent. Smudges and prints do adhere to it a lot though. Also, if you're thinking about using a stylus on this surface, just forget about it. I tried several tricks and got to the point where I could work with it just fine.

However, somehow I found about tempered glass screen protectors and got one for my ipad mini. What a difference! The glass one is a quantum leap from this shield. So I would say that if you don't want to spend the extra 8 bucks to buy a glass protector, and you don't intend to use a stylus, then go ahead and get this one. Otherwise, go for a tempered glass one.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2015 8:21 PM PST

[Scratch Terminator] Anker® Tempered-Glass Screen Protector for iPad Mini / iPad Mini 2 / iPad Mini 3 / New Apple iPad Mini with Retina display - Premium Crystal Clear - Industry-High 9H Hardness
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $39.99
9 used & new from $13.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome look and feel, plus great protection, January 26, 2015
What an impressive screen protector! I've fallen for my ipad mini once more. After using a tech armor one, and after that a matte finish other (can't remember the brand), both felt very plasticky. This tempered glass protector seems to even enhance the look and feel of the ipad. I'm really impressed as to how clear the images are and how hard it is to scratch it. The whole oleophobic thing wasn't a selling point for me, but I do see that smudges and fingerprints either don't appear or are very easy to clean.

I'll never buy a plastic screen protector again. Tempered glass is so, so, so much better!

AmazonBasics Medium DSLR Gadget Bag (Orange interior)
AmazonBasics Medium DSLR Gadget Bag (Orange interior)
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very practical camera bag, September 10, 2014
Practical, compact and has enough sections within it. I can fit my canon t4i, the standard lens, a pancake lens, a zoom lens and an external flash. Very good quality, and the reflective band is a nice touch.

Pilot
Pilot
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new show!, August 30, 2014
This review is from: Hysteria (Amazon Instant Video)
The pilot is quite captivating, Mina Suvary brings a new aspect to her acting appears much more mature and intriguing. I think that the subject (or actually, subjects) that can make the audience think about our society and how we are affected, consciously or subconsciously, by all the constant feed of data and information. I have to say seeing new faces, like Adan Canto, is refreshing in such a good thriller.

Amazon, please publish more episodes so we can gather a better opinion of this series, but I have to say that so far, I'm hooked!

Blue Ridge Home Fashions King Down Comforter
Blue Ridge Home Fashions King Down Comforter
Price: $145.24

5.0 out of 5 stars lots of warmth in a very light packing, February 4, 2014
I like to always sleep with some sort of cover, bed sheet, duvet or whatever all year long. I just find that the feeling of something covering me is very conducive to a good night's sleep. With that said, I have having a lot of weight on top of me while sleeping, so this comforter is a great solution to my problem. I bought a cover for it in bed bath and beyond and just put a very light cotton sheet between it and me. No more weight, no more cold nights!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4