Profile for R. Waid > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 72

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Waid RSS Feed (SC Pennsylvania)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Cajun Injector Glass Door Electric Smoker Digital Controls with Auto Shutoff
Cajun Injector Glass Door Electric Smoker Digital Controls with Auto Shutoff

3.0 out of 5 stars Problems With Control Panel and Bruce's (Cajun Injector) Customer Service, September 11, 2014
We bought this on 7/7/14 and had it was delivered to the store the following week. After 3 times using the smoker, The 1st being the break-in, we noticed the timer was off a minimum of 45 minutes each time, and the temperature was incorrect by 15 degrees after the 2nd use and 22 degrees after the 3rd use. We had to make several corrections each time we used the smoker to have the food come out properly (safe to eat). The door also fogged up between the glass panels, so I called Bruce's Foods (Cajun Injector) and they sent a new door and a control panel. The second door works fine, but the new control panel is as bad as, if not worse than the original time/temp panel. I called again on 8/22/14, and the lady said she would send another if I sent a copy of the invoice/receipt. We have not received a new time/temp panel as of this date. Bottom line: I was told the door and control panel they sent to me was a kind gesture on their part, even though the smoker was and still is under warranty. Beware of customer service from the people at Bruce's. Apparently, we will not get a new panel unless we buy one, and then we still may get another defective part!

Otis All Caliber Cleaning Patches (100)
Otis All Caliber Cleaning Patches (100)
Price: $9.16
61 used & new from $5.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good Patches, But Not Great, March 21, 2014
These are good cleaning patches, but they can be a bit confusing to use at first. I got these for use in a Marlin 336-A lever action 30-30 rifle and an old Stoeger .410 single shot shotgun, and they work fine, but getting them onto the tip can be a bit of a tussle. I also use these with the Otis cleaning kit (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00162KNXA/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_14). I'm not sure I'd buy these patches again, due to the price, but they are quality cleaning patches.

Progo TM Brand DMW-BCH7 Li-Ion Rechargeable Digital Camera Battery Charger for Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP1 DMC-FP2 DMC-FP3 DMC-FT10 DMC-TS10
Offered by YoKool
Price: $8.99
3 used & new from $2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Faster than the Original Charger, March 21, 2014
I bought the Progo battery charger for my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP2 camera, since I thought I lost the original charger. Of course, within a few days after I received the Progo, I found the original charger. The Progo actually charges the battery faster than the original, but they both do the job. Now I have 1 at home and 1 in my vehicle with a 12 volt adapter.

Sengoku CTN-110 KeroHeat 10,000 BTU Portable Radiant Kerosene Heater, Beige
Sengoku CTN-110 KeroHeat 10,000 BTU Portable Radiant Kerosene Heater, Beige
Price: $115.29
7 used & new from $115.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Heater, Cheap Wick, March 21, 2014
We live in the Big T Canyon near Estes Park, CO, and it gets cold, windy, and snows frequently, and with propane prices rising due to the storms back east, we decided to get this heater. I bought this heater from Amazon in early December and received it a few days later. There was very little assembly to do to get the heater up and running, and it worked very well for the first few weeks, but the chimney started losing heat each time we lit the heater. The culprit was the cheap wick that came with it. I ordered a new wick (model 4E) from Milesstair.com, and have been using the heater since, with no wick problems. Changing the wick is a lengthy process, so make sure to follow the directions to the letter and things will be fine. We also light the heater by removing the chimney and using a grill-type lighter, to avoid kerosene smell from the amount of time it takes the electronic ignition to start it. A fan moves the heat better, and we use a ceiling fan to do that.
Also, be sure to use K-1 Kerosene, which is most commonly found at local convenience stores and service stations. Only buy kerosene that is rated K-1, as lesser quality fuels will produce odor and may cause other problems. With the tank completely filled, the heater will burn for 14 - 18 hours. After filling the tank, you'll have to wait an hour for the wick to get saturated before you can light it. The wick also needs to have the carbon removed from time to time, but that's in the directions. All in all, it was a very good purchase for us. I give it 4 stars due to the cheap wick that came with the heater.

Edit: "The best way to tell if you have good kerosene is to siphon off a small amount of kerosene from the very bottom of your storage container into a small clear jar. It is important to pump from the bottom because if there is water present that's where it will be since it has a higher specific gravity than kerosene. Allow the sample to sit for at least an hour and observe to see if there is anything floating in the fuel. Bubbles at the bottom are not good - they are water bubbles, not air. You should not be able to see particles floating. If the kerosene is clear it should be crystal clear with no separation. Anything cloudy or yellowed is contaminated and should not be used. It will be harder to see contamination in red kerosene but even red-dyed kerosne should be translucent - much like Kool-Aid, not cloudy or opaque. The fuel should also smell like kerosene and have no diesel or gasoline smell to it. If you have any doubt about the quality of your kerosene - get fresh. The final test is burning the heater; the flame should be bright and even. Any kerosene odor should become very faint after the heater reaches optimum burn (usually after 45-60 minutes)." For more info on kerosene for your heater, go to any question and answer site, which is where I got the info for checking if the kerosene you have is good to use.

Uncle Mike's Quick Detachable Remington 870 Express 12-Gauge Internal Ratchet Cap Set Sling Swivels (Blued, 1-Inch Loop)
Price: $14.59
36 used & new from $14.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Pefect Fit for My 870 Express, March 20, 2014
I bought this set for my Remington 870 Express in August, and it fit and has been working perfectly ever since I installed it on the gun. It was very easy to install, swivels like it should, and works well with the sling. It's definitely made it much easier to carry the shotgun for long periods.

Kat's 11414 400 Watt 35mm Frost Plug Heater
Kat's 11414 400 Watt 35mm Frost Plug Heater
Offered by Hires Automotive
Price: $22.98
2 used & new from $16.71

3.0 out of 5 stars Did Not Fit my '03 Tundra, March 13, 2014
This is probably a good heater, but it didn't fit my '03 V-8 2UZ-FE Tundra. The mechanic called 2 Toyota dealers to make sure of the installation location (passenger side rear), but could not get it to fit, as it hit the inside wall of the block, and so far, there don't seem to be any that would fit properly. We get temps in the single digits and below zero frequently at our altitude, so I'm still looking for something to keep the block warmer, so the engine starts easier.

Luzianne Red Label Coffee & Chicory Medium Roast Coffee, 13-Ounce Packs (Pack of 4)
Price: $25.35
7 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars She Likes It, A Lot!, March 13, 2014
Luzianne coffee is hard to find, but Amazon and a few other sites carry it, with Amazon having the best price. The better half was looking for it in grocery stores, but some had never heard of it. When she starts running low she'll mix it with Folgers, which is Ok, I guess. I DO drink it too, but my personal favorite is still Chock Full o'Nuts. We are by no means coffee connoisseurs. We just like a good cup of homemade coffee in the mornings, and Luzianne is a good morning coffee for us, even though I, myself, favor Chock Full o'Nuts a bit more than Luzianne.

Outdoor Connection Leather Unfilled Bench Bag (2-Piece Set), Tan
Outdoor Connection Leather Unfilled Bench Bag (2-Piece Set), Tan
Price: $23.52
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Set of Bench Bags, March 13, 2014
After a few months of filling these with sand, they were too hard to adjust to the way I wanted my rifles to rest on them, so I filled them with bird seed and also tried kitty litter. The bird seed worked better for me than the litter, as the bird seed didn't pack in quite as tightly as the litter and adjustments for each rifle has been easier. Plus, the bird seed can be dumped out and used in a bird feeder after several uses. I don't have a cat, but I'm sure the kitty litter would be okay in a litter box. Someone else also tried rice, and I may use it at some time in the future, but for now the bird seed works just fine. The only problem I've had is in filling the bags, so I use a funnel, which works quite well. The bags are very good and made well. I will definitely purchase another set if the need ever arises.

Sophia Global Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for HP 57 (2 Color)
Sophia Global Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for HP 57 (2 Color)
Offered by SophiaGlobal-
Price: $31.41

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe Others Will Have Better Luck, August 29, 2013
I got the cartridges on time and installed one immediately, but that's all I can say good about them. The first cartridge lasted for only 8 pages before it failed (ran out of ink or dried up). The second is in the printer and is already showing signs of failure after printing only 2 pages. I may have gotten 2 bad cartridges, but I thought one would actually be okay. I certainly didn't get what I paid for.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2013 12:05 PM PDT

Wilson Cellular Trucker Spring (991107)
Wilson Cellular Trucker Spring (991107)
Offered by Redman Cb Stop
Price: $7.95
7 used & new from $5.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, But Not Heavy Duty Spring, July 6, 2013
I know this spring is made for mirror mount trucker antennas, but I use it on my hood mount and it supports my 3' Everhardt STT Super Tiger Full Wave CB Antenna on streets and highways, and works well for that application. The antenna mount is tilted slightly forward, and on highways at 65 to 70 MPH the antenna is almost vertical. However, it is NOT a heavy-duty spring and the antenna swings wildly when driving off-road or on dirt roads with bumps and holes, so I remove it during those drives. It IS a good but not great support spring. If someone needs a heavy duty spring I suggest buying the ProComm Heavy-Duty Barrel Spring, which is too large for my application. 4 stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8