Profile for Christie L > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christie L RSS Feed (NY, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Murder Offstage: A Posie Parker Mystery (The Posie Parker Mystery Series Book 1)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating setting and charming characters but a bit slow moving at times, December 23, 2014
I really enjoyed this mystery and the characters. However, I felt the story moved too slowly towards the middle of the book, but the pace picked up nicely in the last several chapters. I would read the next books in the series and would definitely recommend to a friend.

Socially Awkward: A Novel
Socially Awkward: A Novel
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, December 3, 2014
I believe there were a few small typos but it wasn't distracting from the story. Interesting characters, a unique protagonist who is realistic and well crafted, and a good plot kept the story moving without diminishing the impact of the scenes. Overall, a nice fun read that I would recommend to anyone who's ever wondered what it would be like to create an alter ego! 😉

Build A Man (Serenity Holland Book 1)
Build A Man (Serenity Holland Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice read, November 30, 2014
I really enjoyed this book...the characters well well written and the main character was likable and charming. The plot was well paced and original. I look forward to reading the second one!

Death on Daytime: A Tess Darling Mystery (The Tess Darling Mysteries Book 1)
Death on Daytime: A Tess Darling Mystery (The Tess Darling Mysteries Book 1)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars great mystery, October 18, 2014
Loved the storyline and characters but spotted a few grammatical and spelling errors. They didn't distract from the story though, a very entertaining read. Looking forward to more mysteries with these characters! Recommend highly.

Phone Kitten: A Cozy, Romantic, and Highly Humorous Mystery
Phone Kitten: A Cozy, Romantic, and Highly Humorous Mystery
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars cute mystery, October 2, 2014
This was a fun read! Really enjoyed the characters and writing style. I look forward to reading more from this author.

Twist Naked Sponge
Twist Naked Sponge
Offered by NY Etailers INC.
Price: $6.47
6 used & new from $3.62

1.0 out of 5 stars Love the sponges, hate the deception!, September 5, 2013
I ordered these sponges twice so far through Amazon, hoping that the first time was a fluke and they would eventually send me the case of twelve two packs as promised. Both times I received one two pack. Amazon was great about refunding money, but I think this company should be required to change it's ad. These sponges retail at $3.99 for a two pack locally, so twelve dollars for a case of twelve two packs is great, but not for one two pack.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2014 5:11 PM PST

FULL TILT Essential Stripe Womens Tee
FULL TILT Essential Stripe Womens Tee

5.0 out of 5 stars cute top, September 4, 2012
I have a thing for light tees, and this one fits the bill! The sleeves and fit of the shirt are flattering, and the fabric is soft and light. It's a slightly darker shade of teal than pictured, very nice color. All in all, great purchase!

American Apparel California Fleece Straight Leg Pant
American Apparel California Fleece Straight Leg Pant
Offered by American Apparel
Price: $32.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but Odd Sizing, September 4, 2012
I really appreciate the quality of these sweatpants...they are nicely fitted, not like conventional sweatpants, but more like fleecy yoga pants. They are low-rise, so prepare for that, and there isn't much of a waistband (but they do have a drawstring).

However, I was disappointed to try on my size large pair--and they were tight! I am usually a size medium-large, and was surprised by the fit; there wasn't much stretch considering that they are sweatpants. Then again, in my opinion, AA stuff tends to run a bit small. I am 5'4 and muscular, so maybe that's part of the issue. However, I would recommend ordering a size UP from what you normally wear, especially if you are a "curvy" or "athletic" body type .

YogaColors Crystal Boatneck Dolman Sleeve Blouse Jersey Tee Up to Plus Size
YogaColors Crystal Boatneck Dolman Sleeve Blouse Jersey Tee Up to Plus Size
Offered by MoonTree
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, but nice shirts, August 20, 2012
I expected this shirt to be more like the Bella shirts below, which I was very happy with. They had the waistband hem instead of just a typical shirt hem, which added some structure to the shirt.

Bella Ladies 3.7 oz. Long-Sleeve Flowy Off Shoulder T-Shirt - WHITE - S

This shirt is cute, but not what I expected. I thought it would be more like the Bella shirt, but instead it was a bit short (shorter than I thought it would be). But I really like the style of the top, and the sleeves. With the right pants/skirt, it could look really cute.

More advice--get this shirt in the size you normally take. I ordered a medium, (I'm 150 pounds, 5'4) and it fit well.

Nice shirts, but don't expect them to have a super-tailored fit because that isn't the style!

American Apparel The Shawl
American Apparel The Shawl

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute Scarf/Shawl for the Price, August 20, 2012
AA items are usually super pricey, so I was happy to purchase this for only 5 dollars. It is a versatile "shawl", and can be worn as a scarf, or even used as a blanket. It is quite a bit of fabric, but it is fairly lightweight cotton. I ordered the brown and white version, which is a nice neutral that can go with anything. Yes, I agree, you can probably get the same thing if you went to a craft store, but fabric isn't that cheap either these days.

Overall, like this shawl/scarf and will wear it frequently.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3