Profile for MsNYC > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MsNYC RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
SANOXY 360 Degrees Rotating Stand (black) Leather Case for iPad 2 2nd generation (iPad 2/3/4 BLACK)
Offered by DLFlyZone
Price: $6.99
12 used & new from $6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Case for a Great Price, July 4, 2013
I wasn't sure what to expect when I bought this case because it was so inexpensive, but mine broke so I needed something.
This case is awesome and you won't be sorry you bought it.

I have an iPad 2 and it fits perfectly. The material on the inside facing the screen is soft microfiber and it has a sleep/awake function whenever the case is opened or closed.It has 3 ridges on the inside of the cover where you can stand the iPad on any side because the back circle design allows for a 360 degree rotation. tThe closest ridge doesn't hold the iPad as well as the other two, it slips out of the position, but it's ok, that's a pretty low position and I won't use it anyway. It has a strap to keep the cover closed and the material is pretty thick and study to keep it safe. Overall, it's a great buy.

13 PACK Wholesale Space Saver Vacuum Seal Storage Bags Medium to Extra Large XL Jumbo Size Combo with Travel Bag and Carry On Pouch bag
Offered by Epetbed
Price: $19.25
3 used & new from $19.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Bags work but sizes unrealistic, December 25, 2012
These bags were all really huge. They worked just fine for me, the vacuum has held so far and I haven't had any problems with the air coming out. I was just disappointed by how big the large, extra-large, and jumbo bags were. They were so big, I wouldn't want to fill them because they'd be heavier than bricks (with all the air taken out). I ended up filling them hallway, folding the rest of the bag over and vacuuming the air out. It still worked, but I was disappointed in how the sizes were not really usable.

RiverRidge Kids 2pc Soft Storage Bins - Green
RiverRidge Kids 2pc Soft Storage Bins - Green
Price: $6.29
13 used & new from $6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is, December 25, 2012
These folding bins are like any other you would find in the store. Good price and worked just fine for me.

Honey-Can-Do WRD-01270 27-Inch Wide Storage Closet with 9-Side Storage and Shoe Bins, Tan
Offered by DropAir
Price: $29.17
27 used & new from $11.89

1.0 out of 5 stars So cheap!, December 25, 2012
I guess you get what you pay for and this is no exception. The great price lured me in but when I was putting it together, the poles hardly fit in the cover. After you put the frame together, getting the very thin canvas-like material to fit over the poles is a tough feat, in which the material rips along the seams and pokes holes into the material. I sent this back immediately. It was not worth the money.

Composite Stereo Left & Right + Video 3 RCA, red, white, & yellow - 6 ft
Composite Stereo Left & Right + Video 3 RCA, red, white, & yellow - 6 ft
Offered by CableBuilders
Price: $3.65
15 used & new from $3.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Perfect, December 25, 2012
These HDMI cables are perfect for connecting my DVD player to the TV and at the price, it's even better!

Fosmon Apple iPhone 4 / iPhone 4G TPU Protective Bumper Case, Hot Pink
Fosmon Apple iPhone 4 / iPhone 4G TPU Protective Bumper Case, Hot Pink

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok case for the money, July 23, 2012
This "bumper case" is ok. It does the job and it was cheap so I'll keep it but you should know that it is in NO way like the real Apple bumper. I have the hot pink Apple bumper for my iPhone 4 and it's falling apart. As you probably know, the real Apple bumper is just a thick rubber case around the sides of the phone. This case is not as rubbery, is a clear pink color and has a clear plastic back to it which you can't tell from the picture (they do a good job with lighting). It does have openings for the camera, the apple logo on the back of the phone, headphone jack, and the silent/sound button. For the volume and the lock buttons, it is embossed (not open) and you can push down on it and it will work. Overall it does fit the phone fine and I don't have an issue with it falling off or anything. So, not a bad case for the price, just not what I was thinking.

Obviously, after reading the different reviews I realize there is no standard to this order and you don't know exactly what you're going to get. Good luck.

Black & Decker JE2200B 400-Watt Fruit and Vegetable Juice Extractor with Custom Juice Cup, Black
Price: $29.99
84 used & new from $18.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Juicer, February 5, 2012
So I must say that I have never owned a juicer before but I've owned plenty of kitchen gadgets!
The juicer does exactly what it says it does and I am impressed at the juice it delivers.

The negatives: It produces quite a bit of foam on top of juice that doesn't bother me too much but it would be nice if it was juice instead. And it makes a loud humming noise which maybe wouldn't wake you in a kitchen of a house but in a small apt it's loud in the morning. I found that if I put the juicer on a towel, it lessens the noise a bit. And you do have to cut up the fruit into small pieces which sometimes is annoying if I'm rushing but it's not so bad most of the time.

The positives: It makes juice quickly and the pulp is very dry so it seems to be extracting as much liquid as possible from the fruit/veggies. It is relatively easy to clean. As with all kitchen gadgets, there is always some degree of disassemble to clean thoroughly. This is easy, just unsnap the sides and the top pieces come out easy. For the strainer, I use my veggie cleaner to clean it (or some users have suggested a toothbrush), but it cleans in seconds and I haven't had a problem.

Overall, for the price I paid, it was definitely worth buying if you're not a serious juicer but want some juicing in your life. I imagine all the negatives would disappear with a higher priced machine. I'm glad I got this one!

Sunbeam Warm Steam Vaporizer Humidifier 1388-800-001
Sunbeam Warm Steam Vaporizer Humidifier 1388-800-001
Offered by BC Superstore
Price: $25.10
12 used & new from $15.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so great..., February 5, 2012
I have owned many warm steam vaporizers over the years but I haven't bought one since my last one broke a year ago.
It's about time for a new one and I thought the size/shape would be perfect in my small apt.

I will say, it's a great size and did well the first few nights I used it. It is only 1 gallon and so it does not last as long as the usual 1.5 gallon vaporizers (even if you adjust the salt to slow the vapors, I only got about 5-7 hours from it). I didn't have problems with the bottom remnants, although that's always something you have to wash out with vaporizers. And they sell a liquid you can use when you plug this in that will keep it unclogged.

But what made me send this back was the sparks that happened every time I unplugged it. The first time it happened, I thought it was just something I did. But it happened every time I unplugged it in different outlets for a week. I just didn't feel safe with using it over time because I thought it might only get worse. It's not worth it. But if it doesn't happen to you when you use it, then maybe you got a good one!

Calphalon Triply Stainless Steel 8-Inch Omelette
Calphalon Triply Stainless Steel 8-Inch Omelette
Price: $34.95
8 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this pan!, February 5, 2012
Just got this pan a couple of days ago and have used it several times now to cook eggs and other stuff.
It's great and I love the stainless steel. The size is perfect for the small burners in my small apt.
The bigger pans don't fit as well and you have to keep moving stuff to the center to cook it (I haven't used in oven yet but the handle has not been hot at all).
So this was a great buy and a great price!

As for cleaning, some people complain about that. But having been a former user of Teflon I can understand that this is not as easy (although I no longer use Teflon). One, you have to control your heat better in stainless steel so you cook evenly without burning or sticking food (which is easier to do on gas stoves rather than electric). And 2, all you have to do is soak the pan in hot water while you eat your meal and when you come back to do dishes, it'll easily wipe out clean! It's not really that bad and Calphalon is a great name with a great warranty. I highly recommend!

Filexec Ez Comfort 3 Ring Binder, 2 Inch Capacity, 5 Tabbed Dividers, Opaque, Letter size, Pack of 4, Blue, Hot Pink, Purple, Green (50152-6474)
Price: $29.53
2 used & new from $25.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute Binders, February 5, 2012
I love these flex-binders! They have great colors and are lightweight.
It's heavy enough with all those papers I have to put in them that these don't add to the weight.
Not a bad price but then again, binders are always expensive for some reason!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3