Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mary Carpenter Headphones for Everyone Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback
Profile for irisch > Reviews

Browse

irisch's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

irisch "irisch" RSS Feed (Wabasha, MN)

Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone
Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone
Price: $59.00
98 used & new from $50.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Please compare the ATR2100 to the ATR2500., July 28, 2015
I purchased this mic for Pod-casting and it would work great but I would recommend getting the ATR2500 and the reason is because of the volume. Before getting this mic I would recommend watching this video on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF-rwyLWOt4.

Samsung Chromebook 2 11.6 Inch  Laptop (Samsung Exynos, 4 GB, 16 GB SSD, Black)
Samsung Chromebook 2 11.6 Inch Laptop (Samsung Exynos, 4 GB, 16 GB SSD, Black)
5 used & new from $239.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks and feel good but not so sure about performance., August 19, 2014
I don't write many reviews but I felt I should write one on this Chromebook 2.
First, let me say I am not new to the Chromebook. I purchased one back in 2012 it was a Samsung and at the time it first came out I forked out $450.00 for it but my wife loved it and used it everyday since the day I bought it. Well, she got her new one yesterday and it took me less then 5 minutes to set it up.
Now the look and feel of the new one is much better then the old Chromebook, not saying the old one was that bad. That was the plus side now for the performance. My wife like to watch one soap opera, which she watches everyday. On her old Chromebook it ran great, but on the new one it would pause, skip, and jerk. Now the new unit has 2 gig more memory and a better processor so I didn't expect this.
Well, I went on the help forum for the Google Chrome and tried a few things, like turning off extensions and logging on as guest, it helped some but it still runs slower then the old one.
My wife is going to give it a couple of days and decide if she wants to send it back. This is why I am only giving it three stars.
I also have to be honest with you the soap she watches is on ABC and they don't do videos very well. I try videos from youtube and they work much better. I just feel the overall performance is not as good as the older Chromebook. By the way you can find the old one much cheaper. I missed out on buying one a deal of the day for $85.
How this review will help with your decision making.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2014 8:37 PM PDT

Flip-Pal mobile scanner with SD to USB adaptor and 4GB. Included is software with StoryScans talking pictures and EasyStitch automatic stitching
Offered by Flip-Pal mobile scanner
Price: $149.99
6 used & new from $109.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good Scanner., March 15, 2014
I waited until I used this scanner for over two months now before writing this review. I am very pleased with it and like the fact that I can take it anywhere I want because its so light and small. Does a great job and the software works great off the SD card so you could scan something for a friend or family member and put it ring on their computer for them. I just did over 400 old photos today and it took a couple of hours, that not bad. I had to crop them and clean them up which took time, and I have a few more to go.
I gave it 4 stars because I wished it had a USB cable to connect to the computers that don't have a card reader.
When I read that the battery life was not good I went out and got rechargeable batteries. When I use the scanner I use it for a long period of time and have never ran out of battery life. But when I am done with it I just recharge them for the next time I need it.
One thing that would have been nice would have been if it could have been used on negatives. I had to buy a negative scanner to go through all my slides and negatives I have from the past 60 years. I am trying to get everything digitized for the kids.

Samsung Series 5 550 Chromebook (Wi-Fi)
Samsung Series 5 550 Chromebook (Wi-Fi)

5.0 out of 5 stars I just purchased this Great little unit from Amazon. My wife loves it., June 21, 2012
Well, my wife is shopping today so I have been using her new Chromebook I just bought her. I got to be honest with you I really like it. The keyboard has a nice feel. The touch pad is much better then on my Dell. I plugged in my wireless mouse and it works great also. I just can't believe how fast it is. I have been setting up some apps for her and myself so I have been switching back and forth from her account and mine, and it only takes seconds.
I setup Pandora Internet Radio and with my earphones plugged in it sound great. So far there is nothing I have found about this little light weight Chromebook that I don't like.
Of course it is not my Ubuntu laptop, but this is one of the greatest little carrier around unit I ever used.
I have been on it now surfing for a few hours and I still have over 3 hour left on the battery. My Dell would be telling me the battery is running low right about now.
With the new intel process the battery life has dropped but I am getting over 6 hours on a charge.
One last thing, the LCD screen is very clear and crisp. I have the brightness set about 80% and I can still see it very well in sunlight. The screen has a mat finish. My Dell has a gloss finish and it does not do well in sunlight.
I feel like I made the right move getting this for my wife.
By the way the shipping on this was free and I got it in 2 days.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this product., August 20, 2011
Very nice case. Was well pleased with it, but I sent it back because I sent back the PanDigital unit that went in it back. I am now looking at a PanDigital Nova, which is the same size and now I am wishing I didn't return it. Maybe I was a little quick in sending it back. Just wanted to say it was worth the money.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars For a few $$$ more I am going to buy a Pandigital Nova., August 20, 2011
After receiving this panDigital Tablet I used it for two days. Was not pleased with it because it was slow on my High Speed Internet. Not much memory, no flash (no video). I sent it back for a refund. I am going to pick up a PanDigital Nova tomorrow for my bday. (my wife is going to let me). If you don't mind spending about $80 more I would recommend getting a Nova. Some of the advantage's are: Netflix, Skype, YouTube, processors, memory, speed.
I also looked at the fly Touch 10", but there were a lot of bad reviews on it. The Nova also had some bad reviews that is why I am going to go to Best Buy and look at one first before I buy one.
I will say if you are just looking for a low cost eReader this one is OK. Better price then the Nook and Kindle with colour to boot.
I did call the tech support and the tech was very helpful, and after talking for awhile, He was the one who recommended the Nova, when I asked about video. (Flash support). Nova has it this one don't. Also the Nova has a faster processor and more memory. Well worth the extra $$$. Amazon also has the Nova listed, and will be ready for shipment Aug. 24th. The price was just a little higher then Best Buy, but I expect it to come down after it is out awhile. One last thing, This one had Android 2.0, the Nova is up to 2.3.
Hope this review helps you out.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 25, 2011 7:03 AM PDT