Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Ramirez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for SurferJeff > Reviews

Browse

SurferJeff's Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SurferJeff RSS Feed (Earth)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
NiteRider Lumina 650 Wireless / USB Rechargable Headlight
NiteRider Lumina 650 Wireless / USB Rechargable Headlight
Offered by Bike A Mile
Price: $124.99
2 used & new from $124.99

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 years of good performance., February 28, 2015
After 2 years, the usb socket broke and I can't charge it anymore. It's a shame, because otherwise the light functions perfectly.

Touch 'n Hold Smooth - Dual Kit - Heavy Duty Door Closer System - For (medium and heavy weight) storm, screen, & security doors - (White)
Offered by Touch 'n Hold
Price: $24.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for heavyweight doors., February 28, 2015
My door was too heavy for these closers.

TP-LINK TL-PA2010KIT AV200 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit, up to 200Mbps
TP-LINK TL-PA2010KIT AV200 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit, up to 200Mbps
Price: $24.99
63 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars 25 mbps in my house., January 25, 2015
With my laptop right next to my Wifi-N router, I get about 28 mbps. With these powerline adapters, I get about 25 mbps, and that's passing through a circuit breaker box.

I had some problems with circuit breakers tripping for a while, but to my surprise, after changing my root router, that problem went away.

Patent It Yourself: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Filing at the U.S. Patent Office
Patent It Yourself: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Filing at the U.S. Patent Office

3.0 out of 5 stars Desperately needs an update after 2013 law changes, December 23, 2013
After the law changed in early 2013, much of what this book recommends is wrong. It spends many pages telling you how to keep an inventor's notebook; which is useless under the new law. I'm shocked Nolo hasn't updated it already.

RoadHawk Ride
RoadHawk Ride

3.0 out of 5 stars Good choice for bicycle commuting., December 10, 2013
This review is from: RoadHawk Ride (Electronics)
Pros:
Small size, it's a feather on your helmet.
Simple operation: only one button to push.
Perfect for road safety: records time and date stamp, and automatically loops.
Easy to connect to computer and watch videos.

Cons:
At 720 resolution, you have to be right next to a car to make out its license plate.
There is no documentation on all the mounts, I had to watch a YouTube video to discover the best way to mount to my helmet.
There is no bicycle mount; it must be mounted on your helmet, unless you can custom fabricate your own mount.
The position of the microphone means all you hear is wind noise.

Conclusion:
Gets the job done, but I look forward to the next, improved version. For me, the time stamp and looping functions are critical for my commute, and I couldn't find them in any other camera suitable for cycling. The small size is great too.

Marine Metal Bubble Box Portable Air Pump
Marine Metal Bubble Box Portable Air Pump
Price: $7.99
25 used & new from $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars It's very noisy., October 12, 2013
Forget about using it for an indoor aquarium or even on a patio. I suppose if you're riding a power boat, you'd never hear it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2013 2:38 PM PST

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea - Season Three, Volume Two
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea - Season Three, Volume Two
DVD ~ Richard Basehart
Offered by amazingmedia
Price: $18.75
23 used & new from $8.32

4.0 out of 5 stars The best, because it's the worst, August 18, 2013
These are may favorite episodes of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, because the plots are absolutely horrible. Every monster is bullet-proof, and half of them have mind control.

API 14-Day Pyramid Automatic Fish Feeder
API 14-Day Pyramid Automatic Fish Feeder
Price: $3.50
20 used & new from $1.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, August 15, 2013
I have 6 1.5-inch gold fish. I dropped this this feeder in the tank and went on vacation for a week. When I came back, my fish were happy. Water testing showed only the water hardness increased, which fish don't care about. Maybe there was a bit more algae growth than usual, maybe not. It's hard to tell.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Runs Large., September 16, 2012
I wear a size Large in Hanes' pajamas. But for these, a size Large was too big. I need a medium. The fabric is quite thin, but that's what I wanted.

Madrigal's Magic Key to Spanish: A Creative and Proven Approach
Madrigal's Magic Key to Spanish: A Creative and Proven Approach
by Andy Warhol
Price: $8.43
168 used & new from $2.15

5.0 out of 5 stars There's a reason why it's still in print after 57 years., July 14, 2012
If your first language is English, then this is book is the easiest way possible to learn Spanish. The languages have so much in common, why not start by learning the similarities? Why not start by teaching the past tense which is the most common tense used in conversation? I love the author's very practical style that gets you speaking real Spanish quickly. Of course, conjugating the tricky verb tenses can't be avoided, but the book introduces them slowly over many chapters. In other words, the book doesn't dump a whole tense on you in a single chapter; it will introduce only a couple conjugations of that tense (for example, I and you) in that chapter.

It's so easy and fun, I have to conciously limit myself to one chapter per day. I want to go faster, but I'll probably forget too much if I do.

The book lacks any useful guide to pronunciation or listening, so you'll need another resource to master them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3