Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Threemoons > Reviews

Browse

Threemoons' Profile

Customer Reviews: 81

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Threemoons "threemoons" RSS Feed (Astoria, NY United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Harissa by Du Cap Bon (5 ounce)
Harissa by Du Cap Bon (5 ounce)
Offered by French Touch
Price: $7.15
5 used & new from $2.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one I have encountered yet, July 26, 2015
This really is the best brand on the market. I admit, I'm lucky in that I live in a very heavily Middle Eastern neighborhood and can get this locally for next to nothing, but if you are a serious cook it is worth the splurge to order it once in a while.

D-Link Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Range Extender & Access Point (DAP-1650)
Price: $74.99
91 used & new from $63.74

1.0 out of 5 stars Giant headache, kept dropping connection, July 26, 2015
Ugh. I may have gotten a bum unit out of the box, but what a headache. I was never enamored of D-link's online setups for their other products. This was a confusing headache, and the item kept dropping its connection. I checked all of the online sources to troubleshoot the issues with my PS3 connecting, and at the end of the day, guess what it's the D-link. Returning and hoping for better luck with a Netgear item.

Sabrent External USB 1.44 MB 2x Floppy Disk Drive (FL-UDRV) Black
Sabrent External USB 1.44 MB 2x Floppy Disk Drive (FL-UDRV) Black
Offered by Store4PC
Price: $13.99
11 used & new from $10.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says., July 18, 2015
Need a cheap floppy drive for legacy files or an emergency boot/diagnostics? This gets the job done.

Amazon Echo
Amazon Echo
Price: $179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite gadget, July 18, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Echo (Electronics)
I actually beta-tested the Echo, and every day I'm finding new ways to use it. Let me start by saying that the sound quality on this blew me out of the water the second that I set it up. Its WiFi pull is amazing also; I have it currently at the other end of my apartment, through a thick wall and around a corner, and it never skips or drops. If you're streaming music, you can interrupt it verbally to ask a question (ie "what time is my dentist appointment today," if you added your calendar to it) and it will give you an answer and keep playing. Just get one.

Western Digital Bare Drives 500GB WD Blue SATA III 5400 RPM 8 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Notebook Hard Drive WD5000LPVX
Price: $43.99
108 used & new from $26.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Best bet for home RAID/Backups, July 18, 2015
If you have a Drobo or a home RAID, these are great drives to fill em up with. They are very good about honoring their refunds/replacement policy. Note that the regular "Green" consumer items don't have the same warranty protection; you want the Blues or the Blacks for that. Having said that, I know I have a bum port on my Drobo that periodically eats drives, and WD has given me no issues whatsoever RE replacement drives using their online warranty service center. If you are a geek with a hardcore home backup system, use these.

GE 45117 Deluxe Wireless Door Alarm
GE 45117 Deluxe Wireless Door Alarm
Price: $10.16
120 used & new from $4.41

1.0 out of 5 stars Keep looking, this isn't the door alarm that you want., July 18, 2015
Eh. The fact that this can't be easily turned off makes it almost useless. If you're looking for a unit that you can just turn on when you're away or at night, DO NOT get this one. The "doorbell" alternate function is LOUD, and if you are in an apartment building/dorm and come and go a lot, your neighbors will hate you really fast. The ALARM is loud, but in order to turn the darn thing off (ie so that you don't get either doorbell or alarm) the batteries have to come out. Yes, I realize it's a safety measure, but since the thing already takes a PIN code to turn off the alarm, using that same code for a powerdown would make sense and it's not happening here. Also, the thing eats batteries like Cookie Monster locked in a Girl Scout Cookie distribution center overnight.

Lee Women's Plus-Size Classic Fit Carter Straight Leg Jean, Brazilian, 22W Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit as expected, wear very well, good bang for the buck, July 18, 2015
It's pretty hard for big gals to find decent black jeans these days that are office-appropriate (ie no stupid, horrid designs on the back pocket, etc). These are true to fit, shrink minimally when washed, and wear the way that one would expect them to.

Queen Size SafeRest Premium Hypoallergenic Waterproof Mattress Protector - Vinyl Free
Offered by Everyday Pure
Price: $39.95
11 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best waterproof mattress pads out there, July 18, 2015
I love this mattress pad for a number of reasons; just got a larger bed and have 2 of these now. I like having a waterproof mattress pad, but I hate other models that a) stink of vynil b) crinkle and c) fall apart when you wash them, or have their waterproof layer shift. This model does none of the above. It also does NOT add bulk to the bed. The full elastic makes it easy to get it on and KEEP it on. Yes, this would also work with a moderate pillowtop mattress. I don't have a pillowtop but there's enough give in the elastic skirting to probably accommodate up to 2" or 3" of pillowtop or a foam topper.

It washes up very nicely also. I usually send my laundry out (hello NYC) at a dropoff service, and they tend to abuse the heck out of anything you send them, and my last one of these for my fullsize bed stood up to at least 3 years of abuse at the laundromat (and was in perfect shape when I got rid of it; my old one just didn't fit my new bed).

The Book of Strange New Things: A Novel
The Book of Strange New Things: A Novel
by Michel Faber
Price: $17.44
107 used & new from $6.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Great base idea, but needs more filling out, January 28, 2015
This is the first time that I'm reading anything by this author; was introduced to him through the BookRiot reading series and the Goodreads "Read Harder 2015" challenge.

My biggest gripe with this book is that from start to finish, a lot of the ideas seem only half-done; this is about a half-finished outline of a book that needs to be longer and go into more detail. In some ways the "missionary" aspect of this story is the only novel one; otherwise you have stock science fiction memes (giant evil mysterious Corporation, the collapse of society on Earth) tacked on to a standard "going native" story. If the author had picked just one or two more angles of the story to develop out better, I would have been a lot happier with this book.

BTW, if anyone here is on BookRiot or GoodReads, I am Threemoons on both of those also, so come hit me up....

Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale, Black
Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale, Black
Price: $120.27
36 used & new from $120.27

5.0 out of 5 stars This scale is a must-have if you use any of the health programs that support it., January 21, 2014
Yes, it's pricey at first blush, and yeah, there are other BMI-measuring scales out there. However, FitBit really knocked this one out of the park with this design. Once you set this thing up, and stick to using it, it really does integrate fully with FitBit and LoseIt, which is the combo that I am using. It runs on regular batteries, which is great--honestly, if I have to remember to recharge one more thing in my apartment I'll go nuts.

Yes, you really can have up to 8 people use this for their individual accounts. It gets more complicated if you have people of similar size/weight; however, in the online dashboard, one can assign individual weighings to specific individuals.

If you're serious about getting with the FitBit program, this is a must-have. So glad I got it as a gift.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9