Profile for Bound > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bound RSS Feed

Springfield Leather Company 1/8"x50ft Red Leather Deer Lace
Springfield Leather Company 1/8"x50ft Red Leather Deer Lace
Offered by Springfield Leather Company
Price: $17.00

2.0 out of 5 stars 1/8" lace not cut straight., March 16, 2013
Throughout the entire roll of lace, the width went in and out below 1/8" to over 1/8" width. I couldn't use it for the project because of the uneven cut.

Leather Braiding (reprint)
Leather Braiding (reprint)
by Bruce Grant
Price: $8.99
99 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Leather Braiding., December 7, 2011
I was wanting to learn how to do leather braiding over wooden handles and such, so I started looking around for leather braiding books ..I kept hearing good things about this book, and it seemed to have a high star rating, so I purchased it. It is a very good book to learn leather braiding from. Many different kinds of braids are explained and the instructions are pretty good. I also really liked the section that shows how to do various Turkshead knots. I was able to learn many of the round braids that I was interested in learning, so I'd say that buying this book was a good decision!

Kumihimo Starter Kit: KumiLoom Disk/Bobbins/Booklet/Cord
Kumihimo Starter Kit: KumiLoom Disk/Bobbins/Booklet/Cord

5.0 out of 5 stars KumiLoom Disk, December 7, 2011
I first heard about this braiding disk on Utube, and since I'd been wanting to learn more complicated looking round braids, this disk seemed perfect for what I wanted to do with it, and it is! When I heard that the disk itself is made of a foam type material, I was skeptical that it would be stiff enough to be capable of producing tight even braids, but when I received it and started practicing with it, I was very happy with it's stiffness level and also how well it holds the yarn or even threads in place with good tension.
I'm very pleased with it. I even like the bobbins that came with it, they work well.
I'd highly recommend this disk to anyone wanting to learn to do Japanese braiding. You can even do flat braids on this disk.

Decorative Fusion Knots: A Step-by-Step Illustrated Guide to New and Unusual Ornamental Knots
by J. D. Lenzen
Price: $14.81
79 used & new from $10.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Decorative Fusion Knots, December 7, 2011
This book is an excellent book to learn how to tie decorate knots. It's easy to follow the step by step instructions that come with each knot. The step by step illustrations are excellent and it's easy to see what is going on.