Profile for M. S. Goodwin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. S. Goodwin RSS Feed

Transparent [HD]
Transparent [HD]
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars An incredibly nuanced glimpse into a family for which secrecy and questionable decisions are the norm., October 4, 2014
In its advertisements, the show emphasizes Maura and her coming out to her children, but this is a show about so much more than her late-in-life transition. The story shows the complexities of all the characters and really develops them as people with both good and bad qualities. In almost every case, there is a queering of the characters that doesn't make them exceptional (i.e. it is just a part of their multifaceted personas) but instead weaves into the questions, secrets and realizations that they have over the course of 10 wonderful episodes. I laughed, I cried, I got frustrated by the characters' actions, but in the end, I came away loving the show. Cannot wait for season two.

rooCASE Case for Amazon All-New Kindle Fire HD 7 - Origami Leather Folio 7" Tablet with Ultra HD Plus Anti-Fingerprint / Self-Healing / Bubble Free Screen Protector (2013 Model) - BLACK (With Auto Wake / Sleep Cover)
Offered by PC Micro Store
Price: $24.98
2 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile case delivers, January 13, 2014
What I was looking for in a Kindle case was the ability to stand my Kindle both in the landscape and portrait orientations. While reviews of other origami-style cases mentioned an imperfect fit with the Kindle Fire HD 7 (the model I have), this rooCASE version fits my Kindle well. There are cut-outs in the case for the speakers, as well as the power and volume buttons and the (faux?) leather material feels good in my hands. The ability to stand my Kindle in a variety of positions is definitely one of the pros of this case.

I've had it for about two weeks and so far I have not found any cons to this case. The included stylus might be a bit big for the elastic holster attached to the case, but that's not something that would deter me from buying this case. Overall, the rooCASE delivers on what I had hoped for in a Kindle Fire HD 7 case and I would definitely recommend it to others.

Orphan Black: Season 1
Orphan Black: Season 1
DVD ~ Various
Price: $19.99
30 used & new from $14.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot wait for the second season!, August 17, 2013
This review is from: Orphan Black: Season 1 (DVD)
Watched this show online after it aired on BBCAmerica and I could not get enough! With snappy and clever dialogue plus great acting (perhaps most especially by Tatiana Maslany, playing around 7 different parts), the storyline reveals itself in an enthralling manner and in watching the season's ten episodes (a short season being a possible advantage to the storytelling) I was on the edge of my seat and instantly hooked. Although technically science fiction, the acting, writing and overall plot has me recommending this show to others who usually aren't interested in sci-fi.

Everwood: Season 3
Everwood: Season 3
DVD ~ Treat Williams
Offered by MightySilver
Price: $13.60
26 used & new from $13.23

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, July 14, 2010
This review is from: Everwood: Season 3 (DVD)
very good series and i've purchased all three seasons that have been released on dvd and am anxiously awaiting the release of season 4!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2011 7:30 AM PST

A History of Architecture: Settings and Rituals
A History of Architecture: Settings and Rituals
by Spiro Kostof
98 used & new from $7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Review: A History of Architecture, February 8, 2008
I was very happy with the purchase, mainly because it was $50 off retail price and was free to ship.