Profile for Dee Jake > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 40

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dee Jake "Zerospace" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Crafting Table: A Minecraft Guide
Crafting Table: A Minecraft Guide

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, October 8, 2013
I just started playing Minecraft a few days ago (love it) and I was really hoping an app like this existed so I didn't have to keep windowing out to look stuff up. Thanks poyopoyo91, this is a well done app!

Netflix
Netflix

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it, but one thing..., October 1, 2013
This review is from: Netflix (App)
This app is super handy and a I love it for my Kindle. There is one thing though, and it would be really cool if the devs could fix it. My Netflix account has three different profiles, but I can't find a way to switch between them on the app. My kids have their own profile, and I don't want them to see some stuff I watch on mine so I can't let them use my Kindle to watch Netflix at the moment. 5 stars if this gets changed! Great app otherwise!

Color Sheep
Color Sheep
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitly Fun For All, September 25, 2013
This review is from: Color Sheep (App)
This is a great little game. There is a bit of a learning curve, but run both the tutorial and the practice game to get the hang of the colors. Practice will show you which colors make the other colors, and you can do it as long as you need to in order to remember them (the game will also remind you as they come up).
Even on Junior level, the game moves pretty fast, so remember to use your special objects as often as possible! It makes a difference!
Thanks to the devs for a fun and ad-free game.

Fruit Ninja Free
Fruit Ninja Free

2.0 out of 5 stars When They Say Ads..., May 11, 2012
This review is from: Fruit Ninja Free (App)
They aren't kidding! I was thinking it would be some unintrusive banner ads. I certainly wasn't expecting to have my game interrupted by a YouTube commercial that I couldn't skip. Add to that the strange black screen crashes that happened, I uninstalled this. Ads make it un-fun and un-playable, and I'm certainly not interested in purchasing the paid version after this experience.

TKWeek
TKWeek
Price: $1.02

5.0 out of 5 stars FAotD Is Free at 3:15am CST, May 10, 2012
This review is from: TKWeek (App)
This app is pretty cool for novelty purposes. I used it to discover I'm 9383 days old today. This is the oldest I've ever been! New record!
It's a neat little calendar too, I haven't decided on one to use yet. The calendar in this app is simple enough it just might be the one.

Dance Pandas Free
Dance Pandas Free

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Cute, May 6, 2012
This review is from: Dance Pandas Free (App)
There's not much to this game, but it is pretty cute. The exploding sound effects are REALLY loud compared to the music, that could be toned down a lot. Also, the game forceclosed upon completion of level 1... The ads in this version also get in the way of the tutorial instructions. I won't be upgrading to the paid version, it's not worth a dollar.
Played on Kindle Fire.

X-Men
X-Men

1.0 out of 5 stars No Customer Service?, May 6, 2012
This review is from: X-Men (App)
It's obvious that there are issues with forcecloses and controls, and on a Kindle Fire I have to agree with them. These complaints go all the way back to June of LAST YEAR (I just got tired of scrolling then) and they haven't been addressed by the developer.
Where is the customer service, Konami? You've had ample time to fix things.
Don't bother with this game until they do, and it looks like you'll be waiting awhile.

iSpy Cameras
iSpy Cameras
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars All Kinds of Awesome!, April 29, 2012
This review is from: iSpy Cameras (App)
This app has got to be one of my most favorite things downloaded on my Kindle to date. I love being able to check in on my home country, or see the scenery in the countries of the languages I'm learning. There are cams for some neat things, like bees in Slovakia, sharks in Sweden, and pretty girls shopping at the mall in Russia.
Absolutely worth the dollar, highly recommended!

My Reluctant Vampire Bride (A Fae Darkly Book 1)
My Reluctant Vampire Bride (A Fae Darkly Book 1)
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Then Suddenly..., April 27, 2012
I have to agree with many of the other reviewers, very glad I got this book when it was free.
The book reads like a "My First Writing Attempt" piece, as though I were listening to someone awkwardly recanting a hard-to-believe anecdote. It's full of confusing errors, typos, and repetitions, which make the clunky writing style even more difficult to suffer through.
The character development leaves as much to be desired as the plot. I didn't come to care about these people in any way, rather I was laughing to myself about the abruptness of their situations. One moment Amelia and Claude are snuggled in together all lovey-dovey, then suddenly- OH GOD! Amelia is dying! Help! Oh wait, no... It's cool, she's just some really important princess. Really??
Okay, maybe I'm being a little harsh... The subject matter appealed to me, and I can see the glimmer of a good story shining through. That's about it though, would not recommend. Don't spend $3.99 on this, you'll be really angry with yourself when you do.

Intense German
Intense German
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but has issues, April 16, 2012
This review is from: Intense German (App)
In general, this is (or rather, should be) a good app. There are many categories that a lot of other German language apps don't include, such as Slang, Flowery Language, Reading the Bible, and Reading Fiction/Non-Fiction.
I REALLY wanted to give this app 5 stars, but every category forcecloses on the Kindle Fire halfway through. I tried re-installing it to see if that would fix the problem, but it didn't. To charge me $4.00 for half an app, well, that's unacceptable.
I'll happily change my review if the developer fixes this issue, because it would be worth the money if it worked correctly.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2012 3:45 AM PDT