Profile for kk72 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kk72 "Fatima" RSS Feed

Master Lock 715DAT Car Cover Cable and Lock Kit
Master Lock 715DAT Car Cover Cable and Lock Kit
Price: $10.40
8 used & new from $6.94

1.0 out of 5 stars Provide a length measurement!, November 15, 2012
You would think that for a cable lock, the manufacturer and Amazon would include a length measurement. I should have known from previous post that it would be too short to fit under my car. Bingo. Amazon, prepare to receive my return.

Dyson DC25 Animal Ball-Technology Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC25 Animal Ball-Technology Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by IMG Direct
Price: $374.88
33 used & new from $179.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeds expectations, June 6, 2011
I did my research before purchasing. I read all the negative reviews, shopped around and read more reviews. I have a 2-story home, myself and my husband are very active and we have two cats.

*This Dyson is easy to maneuver and light which is great for stairs. The design of the vacuum also allows you to lean the unit down under areas other vacuums cannot reach, for example under a dining room table or a piano. To reach these areas with the Hoover I would need to use the hose extension.

*I have had no issues with scratching the hardwood floors as other reviewers have mentioned. The brush is turned off when I'm on hardwood.

*The accessories are well-placed on the unit and are easily accessible and returned once you're done using them.

*I don't have an issue with the canister becoming full frequently. Each floor of the house (~1800sq ft) filled the canister to the full line and I vacuum weekly. Many reviewers have said this was an issue for them- but even so the emptying of canister is a simple, straightforward and quick process.

*The hose on the unit is not as flexible as I would like, but it may be a function of the unit being new and not having had time to stretch properly.

*The attachment for pet hair works great! We have microfiber couches and the attachment picks up the cat hair better than the lint roller I used to use. My Hoover also had a similar attachment and it was useless.

*It picks up significantly more debris from our rugs than our old Hoover windtunnel.

Yes, the unit is expensive and it also outperforms.

Vega Plexus Spray Cleaner-7 oz Can (Standard)
Vega Plexus Spray Cleaner-7 oz Can (Standard)
Price: $13.99
3 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for use on your Baby Grand Piano, May 22, 2011
This cleaner was recommended by the company that moved our baby grand. The cleaner does a great job of picking up dust and providing a clean shine. I use a microfiber cloth with the product. Will be using this for years to come to keep our family jewel in perfect condition.

Speck Products ShieldView Screen Protector for iPad 2 - Matte (SPK-A0326)
Speck Products ShieldView Screen Protector for iPad 2 - Matte (SPK-A0326)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Your Ipad2, May 22, 2011
A few weeks of using my iPad 2, the glare became a little too distracting. I do use the device for reading ebooks as well. I avoided those screen protectors where they require the use of a liquid to apply the film. After annoying and unsuccessful attempts at this with my smartphone this wasn't an option for my iPad.
The application process was simple, fast and clean. There were minor air bubbles on the edge that were easily pushed out by using a credit card. Aside from the easy installation which in itself was a nice surprise, the screen protector does work very well at reducing the glare. What I did not expect was the screen protector to make the experience of using the iPad more enjoyable. The screen is now more tactile and still just as responsive as it was without the protector. Another plus is my iPad doesn't look like a mess with fingerprints everywhere.
I highly recommend this to anyone that either wants to reduce glare on their iPad or give their iPad a cleaner look (without fingerprints).

Howard Leight R-01526 Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff
Howard Leight R-01526 Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff
Price: $41.99
106 used & new from $34.43

1.0 out of 5 stars Wheat Thins are more comfortable and noise reducing!, May 6, 2011
These should not even be classified as noise reduction ear muffs. First, the low profile design doesn't allow the thin strip of padding to actually make full contact around your ear area, which in my limited understanding of sound waves would be the first barrier to sound...an actual BARRIER! Secondly, the electronic noise cancellation is a joke...more psychosomatic effect than anything (you just spent $$$ so they must be working). Fidget with the dial, turn them up - hear the birds from down the street, turn them down - hear a pin drop. I don't get it. Lastly the low density foam and low profile design actually cause the unit to press on the outer parts of your ear to the extent that after about an hour you are in pain. Read the reviews, these should be returned...as mine were. Sure they look cool, but protect the ears and provide a comfortable fit, nope. I just received a pair of Peltor Ultimate 10s on my doorstep and after putting them on I felt like I just got new glasses and didn't realize just how bad my vision was....the comparison is unfair. These Howard Leight earmuffs are Wheat-Thins with a nifty collapsible head strap where as the old-fashioned Peltor Ultimate 10s are the equivalent of working in a sensory deprivation tank. Sure, you look like Mickey Mouse with the old Peltor ears on, but after an hour with these Howards, you'll be begging for a pair of mouse ears. I wish I could give no stars. Disqualified! Thanks for playing Howard.

GoPro HD Helmet Hero
GoPro HD Helmet Hero
10 used & new from $167.69

2.0 out of 5 stars Great, but not underwater!, October 6, 2010
This review is from: GoPro HD Helmet Hero (Camera)
the good...
Great package. Plenty of accessories for customized mounting. nice small and simple design. strong housing, yet clasp can be broken easily if not properly aligned and forced to close. Amazing picture quality. setup menu a little dated.

the bad...
Was bought for its waterproof qualities in preparation for a Fiji trip. HOWEVER, contrary to what GoPro touts, it is not great for underwater. The reason is the housing curvature over the lense curvature combined with water defraction creates blurry images. this is only found in the GoPro FAQs. very misleading. do an internet search on this. had to buy a special housing with flat lense from eyeofmine.com at $80. Now picture quality underwater is the same as above water. this is where my two stars came from.

If you want it for underwater and don't mind buying a new housing for $80, then I recommend, if not, don't buy.
If you are using this not for its waterproof qualities, then I recommend.
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2011 10:02 PM PDT