Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation
Profile for Sheng > Reviews

Browse

Sheng's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sheng RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Tvilum Bright 3 Drawer Shoe Cabinet 9404620
Tvilum Bright 3 Drawer Shoe Cabinet 9404620
Offered by stores123
Price: $73.35

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you paid for, May 20, 2016
The overall look is okay. The package comes with no instruction, but I found it online: [...]. It took me at least 2 hours to assemble. Very cheap materials inside. You get what you paid for.

Piper nv Smart Home Security System with Night Vision, 180-degree Video Camera, White
Price: $270.02
13 used & new from $229.52

3.0 out of 5 stars really nice to have - A real motion sensor instead of ..., June 21, 2015
I have been shopping for a security camera for a few years now, and surprisingly none of them stands out as "the one". I have used DropCam Pro but the subscription fee killed it. I decided to buy Piper NV over Canary after reading reviews here as well as CNET, which gives 4 stars for this device. For this review, I am only going to list the things that are different from DropCam Pro.

Pros:
- 180 angels, you can see way more than other cameras
- Backup battery, really nice to have
- A real motion sensor instead of processing images to detect motions, this ensures the accuracy
- Free cloud storage
- Home vitals function is nice to have

Cons:
- Video quality is poor, compared with DropCam, not sure why, maybe due to the fisheye design. This is by far my biggest concern, I may return the device just because of this.
- It is much bigger than DropCam
- The power adapter looks cheap
- No way to see your videos on the website, like DropCam
- No way to download videos
- No way to record videos longer than 35 seconds
- The app works but the design is not clean and elegant, and some functions are missing, e.g. double tap to zoom in
- Have to manually switch home/away mode, which is annoying, it should just detect your phone and allows automatically switch based on the distance from your phone

Overall I think lots of the above issues can be addressed by updating the software, but I am not sure about the video quality, even though it claims to be high resolution, I found it noticeably worse than DropCam.

I think the ultimate security camera would be: DropCam Pro (now the latest version is called Nest) + free one-week cloud storage + home vital sensors. Home automation is nice to have but I think it is better to rely on Amazon Echo, Apple iHome for it rather than a security camera.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2015 5:53 AM PDT

Belkin Conserve Socket with Energy Saving Outlet
Belkin Conserve Socket with Energy Saving Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars It simply works, July 16, 2014
I highly recommend this product, not only it looks cool but it simply works. I have my Xbox One as the controller, TV and Comcast box in controlled zone, once I turn off my Xbox One, both TV and Comcast box will be automatically turned off. It is not about how much money you save, it is about saving the environment by using less energy.

The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter--And How to Make the Most of Them Now
by Meg Jay
Price: $9.76
223 used & new from $5.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Every 20s should read, December 5, 2013
One of the best books I have read in 2013, and I actually bought two, and sent one to my cousin who is in college now. I wished I had read it in early 20s, but it is not too late yet. Each chapter is inspiring in a way that makes you think differently on personal growth. Highly recommend to any 20s.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Lego game ever, December 5, 2013
I am a big Lego fan. I bought it from GS because I needed over the weekend. It is my first Xbox One game and it is tons of fun. It is like Lego GTA. The story is just okay but it contains lots of puzzles, which makes it interesting and engaging.

ARRIS SURFboard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - Retail Packaging - White
ARRIS SURFboard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - Retail Packaging - White
Price: $68.75
145 used & new from $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up and works with Comcast, November 26, 2013
I am a Comcast blast user, the modem I have is a Cisco one.

The setup is very simple, connect as your old modem, that's it. Then you open a browser, open any page, it will go to Comcast's modem setup guide, just click next all the way. It will take about 10 minutes for the activation process to finish. You actually do not need to call them, which will take more time, i.e. waiting on the line.

This modem is fast, now the speed test shows 33mb download, 8mb upload per second.

My only hope is that this modem can last long, it costs a year worth of Comcast modem rental fee, and I plan to use it for many years.

Xbox One with Kinect (Day One Edition)
Xbox One with Kinect (Day One Edition)
Offered by BUY TAX FREE
Price: $419.99
101 used & new from $232.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Very exciting device!, November 23, 2013
Overall it is a great console, the price tag may be high but I do think the future of Kinect 2.0 will make it worth it.

Compared with my old Xbox 360:

Pros:
a) Very quiet, you still can hear the fan when you are close to the machine, but way more quieter than Xbox 360.
b) Very fast response, Kinect commands are working fine for me.
c) TV integration is awesome, though for some reason, there is no sound, I think this may be a problem with my HDMI cable, so I am buying another cable to see; the switch between TV and other apps is great, the TV guide is cool too.
d) I don't have any game yet so I tried with bluray disk, and it pretty much can reply my bluray player, except the 3D part.

Cons:
a) As Xbox 360, it has a huge power brick.
b) The UI is very confusing, I am mostly on Apple products so Microsoft users may think that's okay.
c) How to open the tray from controller or Kinect? I have not found a way to do so.
d) Not backward compatible at all, which means no Xbox 360 games or controllers.

Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain 700-Watt Juice Extractor
Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain 700-Watt Juice Extractor
Price: $99.95
126 used & new from $67.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing juicer, February 11, 2013
It turns two apples into juice in about 2 seconds, so two apples you get 300ml apple juice, just like the one you get from the store. Cleaning takes about 5 minutes but very easy to clean the whole set. And the price is very reasonable.

KRUPS F23070 Egg Cooker with Water Level Indicator, 7-Eggs capacity, White
KRUPS F23070 Egg Cooker with Water Level Indicator, 7-Eggs capacity, White
Price: $28.97
26 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, February 7, 2013
It works well, the two wishes I have for this product are
a) Can it be a little quicker to get the done job? I think it takes 10-15 minutes to get hard eggs.
b) Auto turn-off!

EatSmart Precision GetFit Digital Body Fat Scale w/ 400 lb. Capacity & Auto Recognition Technology
Offered by EatSmart Products
Price: $69.95
10 used & new from $41.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant product, February 7, 2013
Though this scale is a little bit more expensive than the others on the market, it looks modern and elegant and fit into my master bathroom so well. I like the fact that it can measure body fat and water fat, it can switch to KG from LB, it has the step-on technology that can help distinguish you and your family members.

Page: 1 | 2