Profile for Britt Ohalloran > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Britt Ohalloran RSS Feed (Palatine, IL)

BlueRigger 3.5mm Male to Male Stereo Audio Cable (4 Feet) - Supports iPhone, iPod, iPad, Android and other Smartphones
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $12.99
3 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits iPhone 5S leather case from Apple, October 1, 2013
Pretty straightforward item. It works. As the title says, this fits in the opening for my 5S leather case (the new cases made by Apple) without having to remove the case.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're on the fence -- buy it, January 12, 2012
At first I was like "well I don't really need that -- I can just cut the wires and solder them to the new connector for my stereo or just try to jam the wires in the old connector".

Really glad I got it. It's 10 times easier to solder your new stereo connector to this while standing at your workbench vs. with your soldering iron halfway under the dash. You can make sure you do a good job and your wife will be happy that you can painlessly swap out your "techno stereo" (why don't they make normal looking ones??) for the nice looking stock one when you go to sell the car.

Samsung Replacement USB Data Charging Cable for Samsung SPH-M330, SCH-R100, SGH-T939, and SCH-R850 (Bulk Packaging)
Offered by Seller1ON1
Price: $3.99
14 used & new from $0.10

1.0 out of 5 stars Works, but just barely, November 11, 2011
These cords are dirt cheap but you get what you pay for. They do indeed work and power (and sync) my phone, but they just trickle charge it, and my phone will have just marginally more charge when I unplug it. The cord is so small that it can't handle enough mA to charge it properly. Go with another one.

HTC Evo Shift 4G - Sprint

Saddleback Leather Front Pocket ID Wallet
Saddleback Leather Front Pocket ID Wallet
Offered by Saddleback Leather
Price: $33.00

5.0 out of 5 stars After one year of use, May 23, 2011
With the bold claims of "lifetime warranty" and "fight over when you're dead", I thought I'd wait the full year before I came back to review this. I bought the "Chestnut" color on March 16th 2010 - one year and two months ago - and I've used it everyday since.

I consider myself a little bit of a front pocket wallet nerd. I've only ever used a front pocket wallet, and I've tried the money clip type (Fossil), the small bifold with money clip on the inside (Dockers), the "this-is-supposed-to-be-an-insert-to-a-much-larger-wallet" type, and a couple others. I loved the Dockers wallet configuration but it fell apart around 6-8 months of daily use.

This Saddleback Leather small wallet is by far the most well constructed wallet I've ever used. It's made of nice thick high quality leather, and the stitching hasn't come loose anywhere even after my year+ of daily use. The finish is wearing quite nicely. It takes a scratch well and mine has a lot of character, without looking beat-up or ragged.

Functionally, I love it. I can pull it out of my pocket and pull out a card with one hand. I don't often carry cash but when I do it gets folded in four and stuffed in the middle pocket. I carry 8 cards (two in each back slot, two in the ID slot, and two in the "behind-the-ID" slot) and it isn't overstuffed. Honestly if you're looking to carry a lot of stuff you probably aren't reading this review. It's a great compact package that gets the job done for me everyday.

The other reviews are correct that it requires a break-in period. At first you'll feel like the wallet is crushing the life out of your cards, but just stick with it and it'll be nice and supple in a couple weeks. I don't recommend "overstocking" to break it in like the other reviewers do, as I think you could potentially overstretch the leather and ruin it. Just put as many cards in as you want and wait it out.

My only word of caution is don't overstock it if you think you'll slim it down later. If you "downgrade" the number of cards in any pocket after having them in there for a while (weeks), the pocket can be too stretched out to securely hold the smaller number of cards. Example: I have had 2 cards in each slot (both slots on the back and the ID slot) for a year now. If I take one card out of one of the back slots, the other one will fall out when I turn the wallet upside down. With both cards in the slot they are perfectly secure, and won't come out even if I shake the wallet trying to get them to fall out.

Overall this is the best wallet I've ever used and highly recommend it. Looks great, super sturdy, built to last.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2014 9:51 AM PDT

HQ Bolero Series Beach and Fun Sport Kite (Hot)
HQ Bolero Series Beach and Fun Sport Kite (Hot)
Offered by Trader Moes
Price: $63.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy the Prism Nexus instead, July 20, 2010
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
Seriously, buy the Nexus.

I've flown 4 different stunt kites, the HQ Bolero, the Prism Quantum, the Prism 4D, and the Prism Snapshot. All the prism kites fly beautifully, and the bolero just doesn't cut it. Spend an extra fifteen bucks and get the Nexus.