Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Princess of Mars > Reviews

Browse

Princess of Mars' Profile

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Princess of Mars RSS Feed (Boston, MA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Marrow's Pit
Marrow's Pit

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Start, Wanted More, May 14, 2014
This review is from: Marrow's Pit (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed what there was to this novella, but that is also the problem - there is not much here. It felt like the beginning of a great novel and then it just ended. I wanted to know more about everything, the setting, the characters, the machine and just as I was really liking it it ended. I hope that the author will write a full length novel in this world and flesh out a lot of the ideas presented here.

Broken Sigil
Broken Sigil

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Supernatural Novella, February 12, 2014
This review is from: Broken Sigil (Kindle Edition)
When I started this story I though it was going to be a police procedural, but it quickly turned in an entirely different direction and I am glad it did! The plot is centered on an apartment building and its tenants. When the protagonist first visits the building and its tenants in the course of an investigation they appear to be crazy, but very soon he finds himself wanting what they have and giving up everything to join them.

I thought this novella was well written and told a complete story (which can be hard to do in a novella length book). I felt like the characters were all given distinct personalities and I wanted to know more about all of them. Great read!

Lesser Creatures
Lesser Creatures
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A New Twist on the Zombie Theme, February 6, 2014
This review is from: Lesser Creatures (Kindle Edition)
It is not often that a book presents an entirely new take on a classic theme (here Zombies) but this one manages to do just that. What would the world be like years after the dead stopped staying dead? How would the world adjust to that reality? I really enjoyed this book and found the world it created to be very entertaining, as well as an amusing commentary on our own culture of "political correctness".

Menace
Menace

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost...., February 5, 2014
This review is from: Menace (Kindle Edition)
Menace is a novella that tells the story of a model who finds herself pregnant and the strange encounters she has after a photo shoot at a creepy abandoned manor house. I was intrigued from the start of the story, but unfortunately it just didn't live up to its potential. It is well written and the premise caught my interest, but I felt that it ended abruptly.

Fevered Hills
Fevered Hills

4.0 out of 5 stars Fever Dream, February 13, 2013
This review is from: Fevered Hills (Kindle Edition)
This is a novella that grabs you right from the start; I read it in one sitting. You are thrown into the middle of a bizarre world that is described more in hints and glimpses than detailed description. I really enjoyed this as it forced me to imagine the larger world for myself. I enjoyed this book and highly recommend it.

When We Join Jesus In Hell
When We Join Jesus In Hell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story, October 4, 2012
I recieved this novella from the Darkfuse Kindle Book Club. This was the first work I have read by Lee Thompson, but it will not be the last. The author manages to emotionally invest you in the story right from the start. This is a quick read and I was not able to put it down until I finished it!

Crisis Hospital: Dark Tales from the Ward, the World, and the Bedside
Crisis Hospital: Dark Tales from the Ward, the World, and the Bedside

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok Collection, February 21, 2012
I definitely had high expectations for this collection of stories based on all of the 5 star reviews. The writing style is fine and the ideas were good if not exceptionally original. I just personally didn't find any of them very scary, shocking, or even unique. The "twist" endings were telegraphed almost from the beginning, I knew what was going to happen after reading just a little bit of each. Overall the collection did not leave much of an impression on me either way (good or bad) - just ok.

Benediction
Benediction

1.0 out of 5 stars Confusing, December 19, 2011
This review is from: Benediction (Kindle Edition)
I did not enjoy this short story; it just did not make any sense. The writing itself was fine(if a bit overwritten) but the plot does not hold together. No real motivation is given for the characters to do what they do at the end of the story. Even the characters themselves are not constant; they are initially described as "old ladies", but shortly later one of them is revealed to have a "secret lover"...just not believable. Oh, and this is not scary at all!

The Curse of the Winged Terror (A Dragolescu Vampire Hunter Story)
The Curse of the Winged Terror (A Dragolescu Vampire Hunter Story)
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, September 21, 2011
I never know what to expect from the free kindle stories, but I was pleasantly surprised with this one. It is well written and the story is engaging. It is a novella set in the Carpathian mountains and follows a "professional" vampire hunter and his apprentice as they help a small town out with its vampire problem. The setting is in the past, it sort of reminded me of "Van Helsing".

I went on to read the other story in this series immediately after The Vermin From The Black Abyss (A Dragolescu Vampire Hunter Story). I am not sure what order they are supposed to be read in, but I think that reading this one first makes sense.

Madame Delphine
Madame Delphine
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Strange Little Story..., July 26, 2011
This review is from: Madame Delphine (Kindle Edition)
This is a little novelette about a woman in 19th century New Orleans trying to make a better life for her daughter. It is not easy to read as much of it is written exactly as the english would have been spoken with a heavy acadian accent (for example: "You kin figs dad!" which is "You can fix that!") but it definitely gives you a glimpse into life at that time & in that place.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3