Profile for Sal C > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sal C RSS Feed (Florida)

Page: 1 | 2
Yukon Glory Original 7553 Premium Cover for Weber Genesis E & S 300 Series Gas Grills
Offered by Glorious Montana
Price: $32.99
3 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality cover for Weber grills, January 1, 2015
Bought this cover instead of the Weber, and I'm happy to report that it's a high quality, great fitting cover! I'm using it on a Genesis S-310 grill and have had no issues so far. Looks and feels like a premium product, can't beat it for the price. Highly recommended.

Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone (Black)
Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone (Black)
Price: $26.08
25 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Charges iPhone 5, Works Great, August 8, 2013
This little device will work in charging your iPhone 5 with older cables & accessories. I'm using it in a C300 attached to the car's original iPod adapter in the glove box. Now my iPhone 5 will charge and play music without issue, great purchase for the price.

Rain-X 5079280 Latitude 8-In-1 Premium Graphite Coated Wiper Blade, 24" (Pack of 1)
Offered by Fruit Ridge Tools LLC
Price: $15.99
21 used & new from $13.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice wiper, special fit on Mercedes C300, August 8, 2013
I installed these on an '09 Mercedes C300 Sport, and followed the package's instructions as well as their website. What they neglect to tell you is that the adapter they suggest doesn't fit. I finally read on a forum that you simply remove all adapters and install the wipers that way. I figured I'd post this in case someone else has a W204 Benz and doesn't want to get frustrated for 15 minutes fiddling with the adapters like I did!

The wiper itself works well, no streaking so far. It's new so we'll see how long it lasts, hopefully as long as the Bosch blades I had previously.

Escali 100% Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Escali 100% Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Offered by Perella's
Price: $12.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Brush for Low Cost, Great Intro, August 8, 2013
The brush is a good quality, haven't lost many hairs after the initial couple shaves. For the price, you can't beat it. It's a little coarse but it's slowly softening up with each use (used it about 25 times so far). I'll use it until this wears out and then try and step up a grade in quality, but I would recommend this brush for anyone like myself just getting into safety razor shaving. Pair it with a good quality shave cream (I'm using Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood, love it).

JBL OnStage IIIP 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock
JBL OnStage IIIP 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock
Offered by Wall Street Photo
Price: $246.51
10 used & new from $60.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for bathroom/kitchen/bedroom, works w/ iPhone 4, May 2, 2011
I got this speaker dock during a Gold Box deal, so it was a great deal.
Sound:
The sound quality is good, better than many small speaker docks with speakers around this size. It does fill a smaller room with sound quite well, and get get surprisingly loud without distortion. I use it in the bathroom as my source of morning music, and have brought it out on the lanai to listen to music in the pool where it works well but doesn't quite fill an outdoor space (but this is expected given the small size).

Remote:
I only really use the remote for ff-rew & volume up/down, because it's simply easier for me to walk over and quickly find a playlist directly on my iPhone.

Use with iPhone 4:
This dock does work perfectly with the iPhone 4. The only quirk I experienced was the initial time I used it. When I turned on my Sky.fm app the speaker icon came up on the iPhone and wouldn't go away. I rebooted the phone and that took care of it.

What you need to do to best utilize your iPhone 4 with this dock is the following...
1) plug in the iPhone into the dock with the dock off. You'll hear the phone make the charging noise & it will charge.
2) Turn on the dock from the back
3) Find whatever music source you want to play and go from there!

That seems to work best and would alleviate any issues. I have turned on the dock prior to docking the phone and it still worked fine.

I didn't see many reviews with this dock in regards to its use with an iPhone so I thought I'd share :-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2011 5:48 PM PDT

Audioengine A2 Premium Powered Desktop Speakers - Pair (Black)
Audioengine A2 Premium Powered Desktop Speakers - Pair (Black)
Offered by OneCall
Price: $199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Articulate & full sounding little speakers, excellent quality!, April 27, 2011
I've read countless reviews on these little speakers, and was torn between these & the M-Audio AV30's or even 40's. However, I decided to take a chance, spend the extra money and go with the A2's. I'm so glad I did! The sound coming out of these speakers is hard to believe. Are you going to get bass that will rattle your desk? No, they're far too small for that, however what you will experience is clean, unprocessed, natural sounding bass that is accurate and distinct. The highs are just incredible, not piercing or fatiguing but clear and natural. The mids are very similar, and are more than adequate for the size of these speakers. As a set of computer speakers, I feel they have adequate bass for that application, or for in the kitchen where I plan to use them as well when cooking.

I put them to the test with a variety of genres ranging from classical to rock to electronic.
Classical music, especially when encoded at a high bitrate (most of mine is 256-320) sounds phenomenal! You can hear individual instruments clearly, with the speakers never falling behind even in the quickest of passages.
Rock sounded great as well, with the bass guitar & drums coming through clear and distinct, and vocals again very clear but not the least bit tiring.
Electronic music (house, vocal trance, dance) sounded awesome, and the little A2's never sounded like they were struggling to keep pace.

They also play very loud for their size, as I was able to leave my room and walk about 20 feet away down a hallway and still hear them clearly. Granted if you crank their volume knob past 3/4 and turn the volume up on the source all the way they will start to distort, but if you're sitting that close your ears will hurt I assure you! I leave the volume knob on the back at 2/3 and can turn up the volume on my iMac as far as I want without distortion and they are more than loud enough.

As for build quality, these are the best I've seen in anything under $300. The speaker housing is solid and heavy for it's size, and all speaker connections & volume knob are of high quality. I love having true screw-style binding posts instead of the cheap spring-loaded ones so prevalent on competitors. I can't think of anything they could have done to really improve on the build of these speakers in this price range, quality work.

I can't recommend these enough if you really appreciate quality, unprocessed, clear music that is more accurate than bass-heavy. Many speakers in this size range try to overdo the bass with electronic bass boosts and processing, and sound like garbage as a result. Please understand though that these will expose poorly encoded MP3's and the like, so if you have a vast amount of your music in this state be prepared to hear the difference. It isn't the fault of the speakers! But if you can get a hold of some higher quality music, sit back and enjoy because these A2's will impress.

Gear Aid ReviveX Nubuck, Suede & Fabric Boot Care Kit
Gear Aid ReviveX Nubuck, Suede & Fabric Boot Care Kit
Price: Click here to see our price
30 used & new from $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Care Kit for a Reasonable Price, January 24, 2011
I've used this kit on a pair of Timberland boat-style suede shoes, and it has worked well. The water repellent has performed well, as has the cleaner that I used to treat a spot. I'd buy this again, no issues whatsoever.

Kingston Datatraveler 160 - 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive DT160/16GB
Kingston Datatraveler 160 - 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive DT160/16GB

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Flash Drive, Minor Annoyance in Design, January 24, 2011
The drive has been working fine with no issues for a couple months now. The only issue I have with it is that due to the sliding mechanism not being as tight or secure as possible, that the protective outer portion will easily slide back and forth with minimal pressure. I keep it in my pants or the tiny jean pocket and it will almost always have the USB tip exposed when I pull it out. Not a big deal, but if you're clumsy or rough with your USB sticks I'd suggest looking at others.

Logitech PlayStation 3 Driving Force GT Racing Wheel
Logitech PlayStation 3 Driving Force GT Racing Wheel
13 used & new from $132.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Way to Experience Gran Turismo 5, January 24, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This steering wheel is an excellent overall choice for fully enjoying any racing game. I'm basing it on my experience with Gran Turismo 5. The wheel feels solid and well built, although I cannot comment on the shifter as I do not use it. The pedals have a pretty nice feel as well, although they could be a little more solid but then again this isn't a real car. Clamp holds the wheel securely in place, even on a fold-up TV table that I'm using it on currently.

If you're looking for a great wheel but aren't convinced to spend a lot more on the higher priced model, you won't be disappointed! Definitely worth the money if you're serious about racing games and want to really get the most out of the game and better your lap times.

Speck See Thru Satin Case for 13-Inch MacBook Pro Unibody SD Card Slot Compatible (MB13AU-SAT-RED-D)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice slim protection for MacBook Pro, January 24, 2011
Product looks great on the MacBook Pro, you can faintly see the Apple logo underneath. Snaps on securely, providing good protection without adding too much bulk. Very pleased!

Page: 1 | 2