Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for S. C. > Reviews

Browse

S. C.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. C. RSS Feed (Ann Arbor, MI United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Shacke Luggage Tags with Genuine Leather Strap (3D Rainbow Cubes)
Shacke Luggage Tags with Genuine Leather Strap (3D Rainbow Cubes)
Offered by Shacke
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied., January 15, 2016
Very eye catching! Delivered in a timely fashion. Very satisfied.

Cards Against Humanity
Cards Against Humanity
Offered by Cards Against Humanity, LLC
Price: $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I laughed, I cried, we played another round., October 31, 2015
This review is from: Cards Against Humanity (Toy)
Perfect game when you meet your new in-laws for the first time.

Kaboom with OxiClean Scrub Free! System-1 ct
Kaboom with OxiClean Scrub Free! System-1 ct
Offered by My Great Goods
Price: $11.26
22 used & new from $8.93

1.0 out of 5 stars Tubing incompatibilities, October 9, 2015
The tubes from many toilet fill valves are 1/4 inch ID (inner diameter). Kaboom uses 3/16 ID tubing, which means that the tube from your toilet fill valve will be incredibly loose going into the inlet of the kaboom reservoir.

Assuming that I hadn't already thrown it in the trash, I would be very concerned about that tube popping off.

Perhaps, one could use a supplemental hose clamp to fasten the 1/4 ID tube to the reservoir inlet, but I decided it wasn't worth it.

The Right Way to Lose a War: America in an Age of Unwinnable Conflicts
The Right Way to Lose a War: America in an Age of Unwinnable Conflicts
by Dominic Tierney
Price: $19.04
76 used & new from $4.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Timely, intellengent and a real page-turner!, June 8, 2015
This is a fantastic book that could not be more timely. For those who have wondered why we're still involved in Iraq and Afghanistan, despite trying to leave for years, this is the book for you. Tierney's argument is thought-provoking, intelligent and compelling, all while remaining accessible to a broad readership. Tierney's elegant writing paired with many examples made for a fun and lively read. I finished the book quickly as it was very hard to put down! Above all, it made me think about American foreign policy in a way I hadn't before. I'd strongly recommend this to anyone interested in current events. It's a very smart take on a critical topic.

Disney Sparkle Princess Doll Clothes - Tiana Fashions
Disney Sparkle Princess Doll Clothes - Tiana Fashions
Offered by Amazing Merchants
Price: $29.95
8 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Seller was fine, but just didn't like the clothes, February 6, 2015
Bit expensive for what you get, but they fit the elsa and anna dolls, which we needed. Seller was fine, but just didn't like the clothes.

Dilbert 2015 Day-to-Day Calendar
Dilbert 2015 Day-to-Day Calendar
by Scott Adams
Edition: Calendar
21 used & new from $0.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, February 6, 2015
Hilariously funny.

Neiko® 01407A Electronic Digital Caliper with Extra Large LCD Screen | 0 - 6 Inches | Inch/Fractions/Millimeter Conversion
Price: $18.59
7 used & new from $14.48

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for..., February 6, 2015
These calipers are probably ok for most DIY projects or as a throw-away pair in the shop, but there is no way that I would ever trust them for precision work.

Pros:
- Cheap. Very cheap.
- Repeatability seems to be in the 0.001 - 0.0005 inches range, using the primary jaws.
- Has digital zero and able to switch between mm and inches.

Cons:
- The ID jaws are *NOT* flush. There is an air gap between the jaws. That's bad. Very bad.
- The carrying case is approximately 2 mm (~0.08") smaller on the minor axis than the calipers themselves. This means that the calipers do not sit flush inside the carrying case. When you close the lid, the upper lid's standoff boss stresses the calipers. It's easy to fix using a dremel or a utility knife if you're careful.
- The calipers as a whole aren't as rigid as other, more expensive, units.

Dragon Age Inquisition - Deluxe Edition - Xbox 360
Dragon Age Inquisition - Deluxe Edition - Xbox 360
Offered by Carolina Trader
Price: $47.50
22 used & new from $24.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Story, Great Characters, Some Bugs., January 16, 2015
Dragon Age Inquisition does most things very well, which makes its stumbles quite jarring.

It is a cross between Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2 in many respects. The story continues from the conflict in Dragon Age 2, But it adds another layer (or multiple layers) over top of the initial story. I have put approximately 200 hours into my first character, but I haven't completed the game yet.

Pros:
– NPC character development is excellent, so much so that I kept on yearning for more character–related side quests.
– I really loved Dragon Age Keep. It was a great way to remember the older games, and I wasn't locked into the choices that I had originally made in DAO and DA2.
– The war table mechanic was very interesting, and it helped to flesh–out the world, without adding to quest–related bloat. I liked that it included characters that I had learned to love through the other two games, without being overbearing.
– About half way through the game, combat transitioned from a turn-based tactical game to a action–oriented game. I am more of a turn-based gamer, but the action combat was surprisingly refreshing. (The companion's AI wasn't terrible, but it certainly could use some improvement.)
– The best part about inquisition is certainly the story. Bioware is known for inventive and involved storytelling, and DAI doesn't disappoint.

Cons:
– The loading screens were terrible!!! (I am playing on the Xbox 360, so loading screen performance may be limited by my machine's processing power.) I love reading codex entries while I wait, but the descriptions were only up for about 15 seconds. Fifteen seconds is long enough to read about a third of the longer entries, and then the screen went black and continue to load for another 20 seconds. I would **much** prefer to have a longer loading screen, if I could read the entire text. As it stands, the loading screens were tantalizingly annoying.
– There were some very significant quest–ending bugs. Luckily, I wasn't hit with a bug on any of the main quests. Occasionally, a quest NPC would disappear. (I'm not terribly concerned about visual texture bugs, only quest-related and game–ending bugs.) Also, certain keep landmark flags could move out of reach if you didn't claim the landmark before completing the related quest, because the landmark flag would be pushed out of the way by potion and requisition tables.
– The equipment modifying mechanic seemed a little cumbersome.
– I would've liked a list of available quests at the War Table, because some quest flags blend into the map.
– The initial area (The Hinterlands) is too large. Some gamers, myself included, attempted to 100% complete the Hinterlands, before moving on with the rest of the story. By doing this, the experience really gets bogged down in the minutia, and the story really loses its way. I would recommend a much smaller starting zone, which would tend to entice gamers to begin exploring the rest of the world much earlier.

Over all, dragon age inquisition is a great game. It does have some bugs, but those are certainly outweighed by the excellent character about development and storytelling.

Kettler Lil-Foote Kettrest Accessory
Kettler Lil-Foote Kettrest Accessory
Offered by ZANY Values
Price: $26.00
13 used & new from $18.57

1.0 out of 5 stars Sudden Stops -- Buyer Beware., October 5, 2013
Do not buy this product.

Pros:
- Relatively thick blow-molded plastic.
- Easy to install.

Cons:
- Safety Risk!!
- Product causes sudden stops. My daughter got hurt within 50 feet of starting using the product. If the rider presses down on the footrest, the footrest interacts with the pedals and locks the front wheel. In our case, the front wheel locked-up and our daughter smacked her head on the handle bars.

Dragon Age 2 - Xbox 360
Dragon Age 2 - Xbox 360
Offered by Online-Source
Price: $26.61
144 used & new from $1.48

2.0 out of 5 stars Good story, but gameplay is repetative and unfufilling., October 1, 2013
I *loved* the original Dragon Age: Origins (DA:O), and I really wanted to like Dragon Age 2 (DA2). I finished the original DA:O with 4 characters, and I bought every single DA:O DLC. I barely finished DA2. Compared to DA:O, DA2 is sub-par in every respect.

Pros:
- Good (but not great) story.
- Interesting main-character progression over time.

Cons:
- The art direction significantly changed from DA:O. I guess I got used to it, but it's quite shocking initially.
- There are only a few (4?) different levels that get re-used through the entire game. Every time you enter a dungeon, it's almost exactly the same as the last one, which is quite disappointing. It really ruins the immersion.
- They oversimplified much of the RPG elements that I loved in the first game.
- The gameplay is more 'action-oriented,' meaning that many of the strategic elements found in DA:O were lost.
- The dialog for your followers is more generic, so that you certainly won't feel as attached to them, as compared to the characters in DA:O.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3