Profile for Neil M. Gridley > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Neil M. Gridley RSS Feed (Bloomington, IL USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Dorman 74357 Seat Belt Buckle Button Stop Kit
Dorman 74357 Seat Belt Buckle Button Stop Kit
Price: $6.24
23 used & new from $4.86

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked for a year, October 5, 2013
The first one in the pack worked for about a year, and then broke off. The second one won't stay on, as the belt is too thick for the female to catch. I am going to try a different one offered on SeatbeltPlanet.com.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best LED I've found, July 15, 2013
I installed three of these in stairway lights. The color is listed toward the warm end, but we found it pleasing and only slightly noticeable when put up against conventional bulbs. LED's as a whole tend to be directional, but not these bulbs. Someone looking at the lights would not know they are LED.

Be aware that there are other Philips LED bulbs that have similar numbers (8A19\END), but are different.

Neato XV-11 All Floor Robotic Vacuum System
Neato XV-11 All Floor Robotic Vacuum System
Offered by bestelectronicdeal (no sales tax)
Price: $349.99
5 used & new from $145.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Software upgrade really makes a difference, April 22, 2012
After we got the Neato, I was so-so on how well it did. It seemed more gadget than useful product. The battery didn't last very long, and the battery would be drained before it found its base. But with the software upgrade to release 2.6, well ... it just works better. A note on the upgrade, the Neato didn't do the upgrade when it was connected to a computer with an AMD chip. Neato service stated that it requires an Intel chip. Silly, but true.

The only thing that I can say negative is that the Neato is tenacious. We have a couple of chairs that it gets stuck under, and it won't give up trying to clean under there. I would end up laying on the floor and dragging it out. And it would be fighting me. Having pulled it out, it would be off as far as finding the base station. Again, tenacious in trying to find that. I've put the chairs on coasters, and all is well.

SKIL 1820 2-HP Plunge Router with Site Light
SKIL 1820 2-HP Plunge Router with Site Light
Offered by Ron's Home and Hardware
Price: $104.99
4 used & new from $99.99

1.0 out of 5 stars It broke. I won't miss it., August 6, 2011
I've never had this happen before in any tool. One of the winding pickups on the armature broke off. When I opened up the motor, the pickup was loose in the case. One of the brushes had gotten jammed into the armature.

Other than that, I found it to be an okay router. Plenty of power, but weight \ balance wise it was hard to use it smoothly. So I left it permanently mounted in my router table, and bought a Hitachi router for hand use. I am much happier using the Hitachi free hand than I was with the Skil. I won't miss this one.

Hawking Hi-Gain Wireless-300N Router
Hawking Hi-Gain Wireless-300N Router

4.0 out of 5 stars Good distance, somewhat easy setup, September 14, 2010
I get great reception over 100 yards from the unit. My only complaint is that the setup instructions require some thought about what they are asking you to enter. You have to specify names and passwords, and make some choices on security. But they just don't come right out and say "this is what other WiFi units will see the router as". And "this is the password required to connect". It took several forward and backward attempts to get the security setup. If I knew the terms it might help. Just a few more sentences on the instructions would have helped.

Besides these questions, setup was a breeze. Having my laptop successfully communicate to it, I then used a WiFi phone to see how the rest of the world would see the connection. I am satisfied (but not convinced) that I made the right security choices.

Fox Confessor Brings the Flood (Bonus Disc Version)
Fox Confessor Brings the Flood (Bonus Disc Version)
Offered by Speedy CD
Price: $31.04
23 used & new from $13.09

5.0 out of 5 stars The CD is great. The bonus CD makes it even better., September 14, 2010
Several times I've heard NPR's "Sound Opinions" make reference to Neko Case. Based on that, and the reviews here, I bought this CD + Bonus. It certainly is not a "make you feel happy" CD. But between the CD and its bonus, there are several tracks that I like enough to put on my MP3 player. For me, if I don't really like a song, I don't want to hear it over and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price, September 14, 2010
When the original Makita batteries would no longer hold a strong charge I went to one of the local battery specialty places. Being shocked at the prices, I bought two of these. They have worked wonderfully for several years.

Revenge Poems
Revenge Poems
9 used & new from $0.19

2.0 out of 5 stars Has not held up well, September 14, 2010
This review is from: Revenge Poems (Audio CD)
Hearing the song "Ruby Slippers" on Radio Paradise, and then reading the reviews here, convinced me to buy this. Ruby Slippers is good. The rest might have been considered good over 10 years ago, but not now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, August 21, 2008
I am frequently disappointed with music I buy. I give bad rating where others give good. Not so in this case. Though I don't care for the spoken part (a very minor part), this CD is way better than most. If you like "pop", not for you. If you like "interesting", "sounds good", and just generally music you can listen again & again, it is for you.

Titanic Days
Titanic Days
Offered by SLIP/ REDTAPE CD SHOP
Price: $18.99
20 used & new from $7.65

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., August 21, 2008
This review is from: Titanic Days (Audio CD)
Sorry to be so negative, but I find that she has a limited vocal range. Some of her lyrics are good, some mediocre. Some of the early tracks are over produced - string symphony and all. I bought this because I like "Just Woke Up" from this CD, and "These Shoes" from another. With the high reviews here, and it being digitally re-mastered, I thought it might be a undiscovered treasure. Nope.

Page: 1 | 2