Profile for fionasfineries > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

fionasfineries RSS Feed

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green
Price: $10.79
325 used & new from $4.97

5.0 out of 5 stars The fault is in my tears, January 12, 2012
This review is from: The Fault in Our Stars (Hardcover)
I have been literally waiting (correct use of literally)for this book for half a year. I can't help but say those trite words, "It made me laugh. It made me cry." There was alot of crying and even more laughing, but the crying was completely heart-wrenching. There was a bit of time that I was not sure that I would be able to finish the book over a single line that was just too hard for me to read. I have never felt that strongly about a sentence in my life.
Now, I have to say that I have a special bond with the subject matter because I am the mother of a cancer survivor. He is 13, almost 14 and has been NEC (No evidence of cancer) for a very long time. But the fear never goes away. It lives in a part of your mind that you try not to notice.
I cannot say what the sentence was, because it would be a spoiler and above all I want people reading this review to read the book. So no spoilers, but the sentence is at the top of page 112 and it was said by Hazel's mom.
So, please read this book. It is not only good, but important. It is hard to find books that are both these days. The subject matter is true, engaging and terrifying...it will make you laugh, but it will also make you cry. DFTBA
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2012 2:44 PM PST