Profile for Paul Havanas > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Paul Havanas "theminhb" RSS Feed (Cleveland, OH)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars All cracked not long after purchased, October 11, 2009
Im with Avid Campers review. I too had the set crack just a month or 2 after purchase. Tiny shatter-like cracks over the entire container. Very expensive to have this sort of thing happen. Dont you hate it when you complain and they say "you are the first to mention it". Sure I am.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2014 10:01 PM PST

Western Digital WDG1T5000N My Book Pro Edition 500 GB USB/Firewire Triple Interface External Hard Drive
Offered by bookscoutfinds
Price: $199.99
2 used & new from $149.99

1.0 out of 5 stars DATA LOST - Dead Unit after 2 months, September 28, 2007
I wouldnt buy it. WD tells me they will replace the drive, ok fine, what about recover my lost files? Nope.

This drive hardly lasted 2 months.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2010 5:14 PM PST

BUNN NHBB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer, Black
BUNN NHBB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer, Black
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $134.20
12 used & new from $110.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply amazing - fast, March 26, 2007
It was that time again; time to search for our next coffee maker. Being tired of replacing the coffee maker every 6 months we set out to look closer at build quality and read more reviews this time. We purchased three other coffee makers by a company that's been around forever, Mr. Something. Nice looking, fancy green LED dial display with a timer, 12 cups, programmable, 2 hour auto shut off etc. for around $40-$50. Those machines only lasted around 6-7 months.

I always wanted a Bunn but was hesitant spending $100+ for a coffee maker again. Actually, I don't recall seeing a BUNN for around $100 the last time I shopped. It's not that spending $100+ was something new for me; I purchased other machines over $100 before but was also disappointed.

This coffee maker purchasing was beginning to be a regular thing for us so the line of thought was purchase a cheap one and replace it. So that is what we did but its costly doing that too. Buy a new machine in Jan. then June then again around Christmas time, that's $150 right there! I remember thinking the last time; we should buy two so when it breaks we have a backup.

So anyway, we have the BUNN NHBX. The experience setting this machine up was unlike any other coffee machine in the past. I actually had to follow directions, 5 simple steps but IMPORTANT STEPS. It's not like you just plug this machine in and go, 3 minutes later - drink coffee. It does require some initial setup, approximately 20-30 minutes from opening the box. Bunn includes a quick setup guide in addition to a nice manual and a deliming tool. Adding 3 pots of water to the machine seemed odd at first not fully understanding the hot water reservoir design.

This machine makes the best tasting pot of coffee of all the machines I owned in the past. It's also the hottest pot! The warmer plate seems unnecessary. This machine made coffee as quick as 2 min 35 secs up to 3 mins.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2010 7:41 PM PDT

Haier HU335W Ultrasonic Cleaner
Haier HU335W Ultrasonic Cleaner
Offered by D and J Deals
Price: $25.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just for jewelry, January 21, 2007
I purchased the Haier HU335W Ultrasonic Cleaner for cleaning small paint sprayer tips and parts on and off the job. Using a product like KrudKutter or collected rain water, this unit proves beneficial for cleaning small parts covered in dried latex paint. We also have a second unit for jewelry used in conjunction with window cleaner. A simple, affordable and most important for me, portable solution for maintaining equipment on the job.

Wooster Brush BR047-18 Sherlock Wideboy Hulk Adjustable Frame, 18-Inch
Wooster Brush BR047-18 Sherlock Wideboy Hulk Adjustable Frame, 18-Inch
Price: $27.56
32 used & new from $19.23

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, but could use improvement, January 21, 2007
The Wooster BR047 SHERLOCK® WIDE BOY(tm) is a work in progress. I've provided Wooster much input on the 18" roller system being a heavy user of this particular rig as well as many other Wooster products. We operate five complete sets to get through busy times and/or avoiding lengthy clean up times changing wall colors on the job. First let me cover what I like about this rig then I will share a few things I don't like about it.

I like the fact it's fairly light for its size (under 1 pound) which is important for the load this rig will be spreading especially over your head. You need to factor in a heavily loaded ¾" roller cover in addition to the weight of the frame. The SHERLOCK® WIDE BOY(tm) married to a Purdy Pro-Extra extension pole is a real hit in my book! You have two solid constructed products that fit like a glove. The Pro-Extra pole is no comparison to Wooster's Sherlock GT pole with the soft flimsy handle on the end of the pole that accommodates an adapter. It sometimes amazes me that companies like Purdy and Wooster don't look to the bicycle industry for ergonomics of placing ones hands on handle bar ends. I want a bike handle bar grip! If you roll for hours a day - every day of the week with either of those poles, you will fully understand why the place you hold the pole needs to be comfortable. Though, the rigidity of the SHERLOCK® WIDE BOY(tm) frame never fails me. If this unit is flexing, I can't tell at all.

I see room for improvement though, the first being the frameset R087 polypropylene end-caps offered for this rig. I prefer packed sealed bearings for this rig instead. Wooster needs to understand better performance and durability on the job. These rigs are designed for paint contractors like myself who have every intention in putting them to heavy use. The polypropylene end-caps last about 60 - 70 gallons before they wear oblong, chip apart or blowout. This is a very annoying aspect of the rig for its sole use--production. It would be wise to keep stock of the R087's otherwise you may find yourself one hour from the nearest paint store with blown out endcaps.

The second issue I have with this system is the 8614 WIDE BOY(tm) 5 gallon capacity bucket with optional 8624 lid. The suggested bucket makes up the set. Personally, I do not like rolling out of a five gallon bucket nor do I like rolling out of the WIDE BOY(tm) bucket. I use the 8614 bucket as a catch all for miscellaneous supplies etc. In all my 20 some years of painting, I never saw one painter rolling out of a bucket that did not have drips fling off the end caps onto the wall due to dunking sometimes forcefully into a bucket of paint with a non-precision system. The key to easy rolling is tightening the wing nuts with some play for the cover. You want the cover to roll freely. If you do not allow enough play, you will be spending more energy than you need to.

The best suitable Wooster product for me is the BR412 BIG BEN(tm) TRAY used with the SHERLOCK® WIDE BOY(tm) frame. It would be nice if the BR412 held an extra half gallon of paint in addition to its one gallon capacity. I prefer the more traditional style of rolling out of a pan rather than the bucket. I don't like paint dripping off the end-caps onto the wall when I am trying to spread 15 gallons in less than 3 hours. The mess just adds more time to the job and back rolling those drips that fling off from dunking in the 8614 bucket.

All that said and done, I would like to see more durable precision tooling for our industry.