Profile for Man of 1,000 words. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Man of 1,000 words. RSS Feed (California)

Pwr+® Sleeve Case Cover Bag for Acer Aspire S7 V5 P3; Acer Chromebook C710 C720 C720p; Asus Vivobook X202e Q200e X200ca X201e X502ca S200e Taichi21; Hp Chromebook 11, Elitebook 840 810 G1 G2, 3125; Lenovo Thinkpad Helix 3698, X131e, Ideapad S210, Yoga 2 11; Samsung Chromebook 2, Xe303c12 Xe500c21 Xe503c12, Ativ Smart Pc Pro Xe500t1c Xe700t1c; Dell Inspiron 11, XPS Xps11; Toshiba Portege Z10t Z15t; Xe303c12-a01us, X202e-dh31t, C710-2847, Xe500t1c-a04us, Q200e-bcl0803e Netbook 11.6" Inch
Offered by PWR+
Price: $12.90
2 used & new from $8.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, September 17, 2013
The case was sent fast and is very cool looking. I like the look and feel of the product. I have had many compliments and asked about where to purchase one. I cant wait to recommend it to people

Verne Langdon Carnival Of Souls Collection
Verne Langdon Carnival Of Souls Collection
4 used & new from $3.98

5.0 out of 5 stars biased review...., November 2, 2006
I first heard Carnival of Souls (piano version) almost 3 years ago. I had just written my film after dreaming it one night, and Verne Langdon had sent it to me along with other songs in his collection. the moment I heard the song, I called him and told him I had to have it in my film. Its amazing that he had written the song prior to my writing the script for Carnival of Souls, my film. The lyrics and mood of the song was everything my story was and more. As a film maker, my job is to put together the images in my head and script on screen, like limbs on a body. But Verne Langdon's Carnival of Souls, the music, is the heartbeat that gives the movie its life. Add this CD to your collection, and hopefully you will be moved by the music, as I was when I first heard it.

Baby Sleep Sweet
Baby Sleep Sweet
Offered by gdyer49359
Price: $9.85
5 used & new from $5.55

5.0 out of 5 stars hurry up and get to sleep!!, January 31, 2006
This review is from: Baby Sleep Sweet (Audio CD)
I didn't know what to expect when I first got the cd in the mail. I have a newborn that just will not go to sleep no matter what I try. I've looked around and spent hundreds of dollars on gadgets claiming to be sleeping aids for infants, and all I got in return was a huge visa bill at the end of the month. Then I stumbled upon Baby Sleep Sweet because a friend recommended it to me and what a pleasant surprise. The music is absolutely enchanting. There aren't that many cd's out there for babies, and when you find one, they tend to be a little too new age for my taste. Baby Sleep Sweet gets it right, and will also take you back in time to when we all use to be in our parent's loving arms! ahh the good old days!

Out of Love
Out of Love
4 used & new from $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars CD not big enough...., September 24, 2004
This review is from: Out of Love (Audio CD)
to hold all the emotion Mr. Langdon is trying to emote. when you unwrap this CD and pop it in to your player, make sure you have a few things handy. Your scrapbook, your telephone and some tissue. I guarantee as soon as your done listening to "Old Folks", "Of mice and men" and "Carnival of Souls" just to name a few,you will be thinking of all the good and bad times, and the moments that could have been. So reflect, cry and call those friends you should have kept in touch with. Do yourself a favor and buy this CD. You won't regret it.

Music For Zombies
Music For Zombies
10 used & new from $9.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Old-School Horror music!!, July 15, 2003
This review is from: Music For Zombies (Audio CD)
While listening to this fantastic Cd, I must first confess that I was overwhelmed with the urge to turn on all the lights! This music captures the mood of terror perfectly! Track number 5 entitled Spirit Symphony is so slow, and mythodical, its as if a zombie were slowly sneeking up behind a loved one, and was relunctant to eat their brains, although for its own survival, must eat the brain. Track 4, titled Hypnotique, will do just that! It sounds like a throw back to an old black and white mummy movie, where you can almost picture an army of undead, making their way into the night looking for human brains to eat! And if you ever wondered what a circus full of dead acrobats looks like....well listen to track 6, Carnival of souls and close your eyes. Picture, if you will, the dead ringmaster, pointing up towards the spotlight in the sky, as the undead trio of zombies perform their, Life defying stunts! All in all, this is a great CD for blaring out your windows halloween night, and the songs are so very nicely done that I would even recommend it for a good horror movie or murder mystery independant film! Music for Zombies is a must for fans of music, period.

Fugue You!
Fugue You!
6 used & new from $4.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies and Gentlemen!!!.......Fugue You!!!!, June 11, 2003
This review is from: Fugue You! (Audio CD)
Enter the auditorium quickly and take your seats....give the waitress your two drink minimum order of martinis...and gobble up your steak as soon as they bring it to you, because once the lights are lowered and the curtain opens, you will never be the same again.
Fugue You delivers as a great lounge Cd to play over and over for your friends and families that deserved to be fogued over and over again. My personal favorite, "The elephant man", is an ode to the dirtiest , and most unglamorous job in the circus world (no, not the ticket seller), the man behind the elephants!! (literally), and their heroic efforts to have the paying fan concentrate on the sheer size of these mammoth stars, and not their mammoth, er, well, talents?
With such titles like Granola rag, and the draining of swan lake (it did happen ,i think)...how could you resist buying this for the local parish for sunday services! By the way, make sure your with that special someone when listening to "i want to make the world laugh", and "Is that all there is" and your sure to score something that will closely look like a homerun. Once again, Fugue You delivers, as does Johann Sebastian Bork!!

Living the Gimmick
Living the Gimmick
by Ben Peller
Price: $26.99
38 used & new from $1.01

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the books characters, October 18, 2002
This review is from: Living the Gimmick (Paperback)
i wrestled with Ben Peller and trained with him, and i know all the people he mentions in this book (although the names are changed to protect the guilty), including me! It is interesting how he combines fact with fiction to come up with this wild tale, ala the crying game. I'm impressed and happy for Ben and must recommend this book just cause it's fascinating and not too far from the truth regarding all the stories in it.