Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for HedFone > Reviews

Browse

HedFone's Profile

Customer Reviews: 95

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

HedFone RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Oatey 39239 Sure Vent Air Admittance Valve 6 DFU Installation Kit with White Tubular Adapter
Offered by NYDirect
Price: $23.49
33 used & new from $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work at first, February 25, 2016
Well, I've been dealing with a slow draining/gurgling double kitchen sink for years. Put this on, and everything seems to work now. BUT when I first installed it, it wasn't opening at all. I know this AAV is NOT suppose to open if there is a clog in the drain. I poured chemicals and used snakes directly into the sewer drain pipe. But I couldn't find anything. It finally worked when I filled up both sinks with water and let them drain. While they were draining, I loosened the nut on the air valve and water began to seep through and seemed to equalize the pressure on the valve. Now after re-tightening the nut, I can see the valve membrane opening and closing when it should. I don't smell any sewer smell so I must assume it's working correctly.

LG Optimus L90 D415 4G GSM Android Smartphone, T-Mobile, Grey
LG Optimus L90 D415 4G GSM Android Smartphone, T-Mobile, Grey
Offered by EMB-Phones
Price: $82.98
44 used & new from $40.49

3.0 out of 5 stars GPS is absolute garbage. Lollipop update made everything worse., January 29, 2016
After about a year of owning this, I now see how horrible the GPS in this phone is. Test apps prove it. You just don't know how annoying it is to be driving someplace you've never been and figure "Oh, hey! I'll use my phones GPS!" Only to see this phone constantly fail to know where it even is itself. Often times this phone will show you floating in the middle of nowhere, failing to show you the proper routes to take, stilling showing me locations near where I live rather than where I currently am. It seems it can't keep itself updated during a drive. COMPLETELY USELESS.

Even though the GPS always sucked, at least the phone worked better when it was on KitKat OS. Once Lollipop was installed, the phone started having more problems. The most aggravating problem it has now is that it doesn't keep the custom ringtones & notifications I set for it off the SD card. After about a day of no restarts or shut downs, the phone magically resets them to the defaults. On KitKat it had no problem keeping the sounds from the SD card.

The touch screen seems worse too. It's like I have to input my unlock code several times now because it's like the screen doesn't always register my finger presses.

I've gone back to my old Galaxy S2 phone. It may be older, but at least it keeps my custom sounds and has a superior GPS signal.

Secura 9100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner, Black
Secura 9100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner, Black
Offered by Lafraise
Price: $99.99
5 used & new from $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Yea, it coo., January 28, 2016
Well, I've had it a little over a year and it still works good from the day I brought it. It heats up quickly (beat my gas cooktop) I've found myself using it more and more. The manual states not to use cookware over 25 pounds. So I'm careful not to use large pots with too much water in them for instance. The safety features are great since I live with people who occasionally forget pots cooking on the stove top. This induction will shut down if the pot boils out all the water and begins to burn. Great feature!

Our Pets Smarter Interactive IQ Treat Ball Dog Toy, 3 Inches (Colors may vary)
Our Pets Smarter Interactive IQ Treat Ball Dog Toy, 3 Inches (Colors may vary)
Price: $5.59
28 used & new from $4.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Used to be able to find these at Petco, April 10, 2015
The 5" version was given to my dog as a Christmas gift. She enjoyed the ball, but as time went on I felt like the 5" was a little too big for her. Went to Petco yesterday to buy the 3" version, but could only find one 5" version. Wha?! Probably for the best because Amazon are currently selling these for about $4-$5 less.

My dog loves this ball as long as treats are inside. She hasn't figured out how to open it directly, but she has managed to knock it down the stairs causing it to open. The screw-on halves aren't super tight I guess. Another problem is once the ball was open my girl decided to try and chew up the bottom half, most likely making the entire ball useless. So you might want to take the ball away from your dogs once they figure out how to open it. The 5" ball has seen better days, but it is still in one piece for now. Probably will remain that way since I doubt I'll let her play with it anymore.

IMUSA USA GAU-80305 1100W Electric Single Burner, Black
IMUSA USA GAU-80305 1100W Electric Single Burner, Black
Price: $11.99
37 used & new from $4.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Boils water about 3 minutes faster than those 900w flat burners, February 12, 2015
Used it 6 times already to boil 20 ounces of water for tea. Took about 7 minutes to bring to a rolling boil. That is faster than my other 900W flat plate. The coils get red hot and the wattage is what it says it is. Although first turning it on uses 1125W. It may also turn on even in the off position if it's sitting outside in the cold. I suppose because of how the dial/thermostat is made up. Always best to unplug these after use. The cord is a standard polarized 2-prong plug @ 120V.

I brought this mainly to replace an older Rival double burner that disappeared years ago. That and because these may be useful during a power outage on a generator. My gas stove requires electricity to use the electronic ignition. It could be lit with a BBQ lighter, but I never liked doing that. And to reach behind the stove to get to the plug and extension cord it to the generator...yeah, no.

Best of all, the wattage combined with my 900W Oster doesn't exceed my kitchen circuit.

However, the one I received doesn't appear to be brand new. It had plastic on the main unit and separate plastic on the coils, but the whole unit itself looks used or refurbished. There's a small black spot on the paint as if something was left there to burn, the coils have some white burned on substance, underneath them looks to be smudges and the chrome has no shine whatsoever. It did smoke upon first use as expected. But it's probably not worth the shipping to exchange it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2016 11:56 PM PST

Rival SB150 900-Watt Portable Single Solid Burner
Rival SB150 900-Watt Portable Single Solid Burner

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad. Only slightly slower than a 1100W coiled unit., February 12, 2015
Exactly the same as the Oster branded version at wally world. I brought this one to replace an older Rival double burner that disappeared. These flat tops do take a while to get heated, but once they do OH BOY! Slower to cool down does have some advantages. You could use it to keep your food warm while not using energy. As for the slow heat up just turn it on for 3-5 minutes before you actually start to cook on it. I like it for what it is.

Clean up is easy since all you have to do is wipe up any spills. Haven't had any boil-overs yet, so no telling how this will hold out against it. I wouldn't expect it to die so easily. A coiled burner might have a problem though.

Do to the 900W rating it is possible to run this one along with another 750W or 1100W burner off a 20A circuit. 900W+750W=13A or 900W+1100W=16A still under the circuit rating. So it's still like I have a double burner! Another nice thing about this one is the light only turns on during heating.

Even though I brought this one first, my curiosity got the better of me and I also ordered the IMUSA 1100W coiled burner. Just to have my "dual burners" back except the two being completely different.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Black Max 3,550 Watt Portable Gas Generator BM903500
Black Max 3,550 Watt Portable Gas Generator BM903500
6 used & new from $276.99

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 stars only because, January 14, 2015
I never rate anything 5 stars until after I owned it for 6 months to a year and its proven to be reliable.

After experimenting with another smaller generator, I decided to go ahead and replace the stock spark plug with an NGK BP7ES Spark Plug. With the gap properly set between 0.028−0.031 in. according to the manual.

Now the generator itself seems to be well built (so far.) I haven't had any starting issues or pieces falling off as some other reviews have mentioned on Sam's site. It starts in three pulls for the 3 times I've used it. Didn't need to use it, but you want to start things like this a few times just to make sure everything is working properly and because I was told the generator should be broken-in before pushing it to its limit. The manual mentions nothing of a break-in period, but I'm being safe.

The first time I ran it was with one 1500w heater. Gen handled that just fine. Barely made a sound when the heater was turned on. Impressive. After cycling/testing various loads off 1 gallon of gas for three hours it finally shut down. The voltage was impressive too. I wasn't expecting to be able to run an Uninterruptible Power Supply controlled PC off this gen since it wasn't one of those expensive inverter types, but the UPS didn't complain. The red "wiring fault" light stayed lit, but never actually shut down the computer or beeped erratically.

The second run was 2 1500w heaters for 3 hours. My intention was to put at least 10 hours on the genny before I really needed to use it. As long as I wasn't pushing it too far. I had read to stay at 80% of the generators maximum. 3550w>3000w. Turns out the two heaters only draw about 2550w when running together. One being turned on at a time of course.

Third run I changed things up a bit. I brought two electronic timers and set them to cycle the two heaters every 15 minutes. One would start 15 minutes after the first and run together for another 15 minutes then both would shut down for 15 minutes and so on.

Overall this generator seems to be able to handle just about anything I throw at it. The digital readout isn't particularly useful IMO. While it does tell you the frequency and voltage output, the overall hour counter looks like it has reset since the last time I started it. But I do have a device that can also tell me the same info. Also this genny could use a fuel gauge.

I purchased this in-store during the Black Friday sale. I could have easily ordered online the night before, but I've had issues (not from sams/amazon) having large or heavy items shipped to me. I prefer to buy things like this in-store.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2015 11:05 PM PST

EVGA GeForce GTX 560 1024 MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 2DVI/Mini-HDMI SLI Ready Graphics Card, 01G-P3-1460-KR
3 used & new from $140.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 2 years, 5 months, August 5, 2014
I don't game much on my PC, but I brought this about 2 years ago shortly after Skyrim came out. This card could run Skyrim 1080p @ medium/low settings. I probably could have gotten slightly better performance if I had OC'd the card/CPU a bit, but I don't really have patience for that. While the card gave me much better performance than the 8600GTS it replaced, the 560 only gave me 2 years before finally going kaput. You know you're graphics card is going bad when you start seeing white lines on the screen, stuck at one resolution, wrong colors and dimensional distortion everywhere you move the mouse arrow. But to be sure, I tested the card in 2 other computers only to get the same results.

While it worked it rarely cranked up the fan to full speed. So I guess you can say it was quiet. But I think it died from lack of air/dust build up. I dust out my PC with air cans, but not as often as I should. Well, the replacement will be dusted out at least weekly and I've already added two of these guys to the side panel. When the "replacement" arrives it will blow the 560 away. Oh the frustration of failed parts. One part fails and the whole machine is rendered useless. Yay.

Andis Ceramic Ionic Styler Hair Dryer, Gold (82105)
Andis Ceramic Ionic Styler Hair Dryer, Gold (82105)
Price: $20.99
53 used & new from $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars HA! HA! Just what I needed!, June 30, 2014
So I brought this for a dog with long hair/fur. The wide toothed comb is great for getting through wet fur after a bath. The power (especially low) is the perfect fan speed and heat for a pet that hates loud things. I don't like where the cool shot button is and it's hard to hold down from stiffness. But I don't believe I'll ever need it. I've never needed hair dryers for myself, so I can't speak for how it would work with my hair.

6-22-16 UPDATE:
I see this model has been updated and now has a more rounded appearance than before. I now have two of the older version my original review was about and it need of a replacement wide toothed comb. I can't one anywhere. All the replacement combs are for this new model dryer. :(

Avenir Rear Road Bike Rack (Black, 700c)
Avenir Rear Road Bike Rack (Black, 700c)

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay, then., May 16, 2014
First one I received came with NO hardware to mount this thing. Amazon handled it rather well and even got me a replacement quickly. The second one came with everything it was suppose to have. I have an older Schwinn Voyageur hybrid and I was able to fit this rack using the black clamps included. I simply straightened them out and screwed them to the mounting rails. Then screwed the rails with the clamps to the screws under the seat post. Done. Now I can carry my stronger bike locks and cargo net. :D
Comment Comment | Permalink