Profile for Z. Cavaricci > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 50

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Z. Cavaricci RSS Feed (Dallas, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Jeep Protective Floor Mat
Jeep Protective Floor Mat
Price: $10.99
6 used & new from $7.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Like a shower curtain, June 9, 2014
Some people suggested to just use a shower curtain, and in a lot of ways this is exactly like one, but down to size and in the shape of a circle. Since it's not as big it makes folding, cleaning, and storage less cumbersome so all in all it was a good purchase. The material is just like the clear plastic texture you would expect from a shower curtain. Works really well to protect your carpet or flooring, although if you have a rolling baby chair, it makes rolling on it a bit tedious when used with carpet.

Anker® Uspeed USB 3.0 to HDMI / DVI Adapter for Multiple Monitors up to 2048x1152 / 1920x1200 Each (DisplayLink Chipset - Windows Only) - Computer, LCD TV, and Projector Applicable

2.0 out of 5 stars Works great... until it doesn't, June 9, 2014
My company has bought about 10 of these, and 2 have died abruptly with a 'device not recognized' error message and no more green light from the device. Unless we hit the "bad luck lottery", anecdotal evidence suggests a 10-20% failure rate and that is just terrible.

Otherwise, not much to complain about with the device, when it works it does what it's supposed to do and everything is great (be sure to get updated drivers from the displaylink website, particularly for windows 8.1 users). But when it dies, it is pretty frustrating considering these things aren't exactly cheap.

LED Lighted Makeup Mirror, Vanity Mirror, Hanging Mirror, and Hand Mirror in One - Includes Adjustable Stand Making it a Great Tabletop Bathroom Mirror at Any Angle - Magnifying Mirror is Double Sided (One 5X Magnification, the Other 1X) and Includes an On/Off Switch that Doubles as a Hook for Optional Hanging/Storage
Offered by A to Zen
Price: $79.99
5 used & new from $21.82

1.0 out of 5 stars Wife didn't like it, December 30, 2013
I usually trust Amazon reviews, but this mirror's 4.5 star rating puzzles me.

I bought this for my wife as a gift and it is going back. The mirror itself is fine, but the design is impractical for actual use. Adjusting the mirror's height/angle is a nuissance with how the stand is just a clamp and not a hinged design like other mirrors. Going from magnified to unmagnified means you have to turn the clamp all the way around, which can take 30 seconds to a minute each time, which gets annoying really fast. Plus if you don't align the clamp in just the right way the mirror doesn't sit correctly. Even when you get it right, the stand is pretty unstable. The light led ring around the mirror looked better than it actually worked. Lastly, the on/off switch is on the bottom of the mirror's handle, which is also weird since you have to physically pick it up to twist it to turn it on/off.

I ordered a floxite mirror as a replacement for about $20 more and the design is so much better.

Blackburn Sweat Net Bicycle Sweat Protector for Indoor Bicycle Trainers
Blackburn Sweat Net Bicycle Sweat Protector for Indoor Bicycle Trainers
Offered by Gotta Ride Bikes
Price: $13.95
15 used & new from $7.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Save your headset and stem!, August 1, 2013
This review is from: Blackburn Sweat Net (Sports)
I had gone without one of these for several years, with about half my rides done indoors (mostly in winter). Recently I took my bike in to get it serviced and they had to repack my headset bearings which cost quite a bit of coin. I decided to invest in this sweat net, and although it is a rather simple design, it really saves your frame and headset from the corrosion of heavy sweat sessions on the trainer. I am a heavy sweater as it is, and my trainer sessions are done often at maximum intensity which leads to some ridiculous amounts of perspiration now soaked into the sweat net as opposed to my frame and headset.

The net itself is made of a terry cloth type material, pretty thick so it will absorb a large amount before becoming over-saturated. The velcro design on the handlbars is not the most user-friendly, but once you get it on it gets the job done well. Machine washable and looks like it won't fall apart for a while. Definitely recommend if you do a lot of rides on your trainer and you sweat a lot.

Amprobe BAT-200 Battery Tester
Amprobe BAT-200 Battery Tester
Price: $6.95
10 used & new from $6.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I would have bought this years ago..., July 1, 2013
I never really thought about measuring battery life, but one day I was tired of trying to figure out what batteries were good and which were bad, and did some research. Much to my chagrin battery testers are super inexpensive, I stumbled across this one for under ten bucks and figured what the heck.

I wasn't expecting much when I got it, but I immediately started testing batteries that I had in a bag, and was pleasantly surprised with how easy and awesome this little device is. I can't believe I've gone all these years without having one of these. I recently had a device die on me, and this took the guesswork out of whether or not it was the batteries or the device itself! As it turned out, one of the batteries was dead, but the other was just fine with plenty of life left! Saved me from throwing away a battery uselessly!

Just go ahead and buy this now, it's so cheap and you will get your money back in saved time and batteries.

Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 13  Slim Design 65W Power Adapter
Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 13 Slim Design 65W Power Adapter
Offered by FastMarketPro
Price: $32.84
21 used & new from $31.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Yoga 13 Power Adapter, April 23, 2013
I purchased this AC adapter as an extra to be used for my Yoga 13 (one for home, one for work). It is slightly different from the one that came with my Yoga 13, the main pack is less thin but taller, less like a portable hard drive shape, and more like a stick of butter, but overall probably the same net volume.

When buying this adapter, make sure your laptop has a power connection that looks like a big USB rectangle (NOT CIRCULAR), this one has a rectangle connector with a yellow outline!

As an aside, shipping from the third party seller AC Power was lightning fast (came in one business day).

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for my new Yoga 13, April 23, 2013

But it does have the lenovo logo on it, and it is 65w which is what is important to me so that it functions just like the one that came with it. Not much to say other than it just works.

Viair 00073 70P Heavy Duty Portable Compressor
Viair 00073 70P Heavy Duty Portable Compressor
Price: $43.95
19 used & new from $43.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Great portable compressor for airing up tires, balls, etc., January 11, 2013
This compressor is very nice since it is small and portable. It comes with a great carrying case to put it in. I mainly bought it to air up my car tires, and it does that without any issue. It's loud like most compressors, and you need to be careful if you have little ones around while using it because it can get very hot after extended use. The power cable is really long so you should have no issues when using your outlet in your car to reach pretty far outside of it to do whatever you need. The price wasn't too bad, compressors can get really expensive, so if you are just using it to do tires, balls, etc. then this should work great for you.

OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Funnel and Strainer Set
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Funnel and Strainer Set
Price: $7.99
8 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great funnel set, quality build and easy storage, January 11, 2013
Quite simply, these funnels work great. They added rubber at the end where you are putting the funnel into whatever container to keep it from moving around as much. They stack nicely for easy storage. I own tons of OXO stuff and this set is no different in terms of great quality.

Trojan Sensitivity Bareskin Lubricated, Latex Condoms, 10-count
Trojan Sensitivity Bareskin Lubricated, Latex Condoms, 10-count
Price: $7.47
49 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Haven't used condoms in years, these were surprisingly not terrible, January 9, 2013
My SO had decided to go off the pill so that we'll be ready to have kids when the time comes, so it's either condoms, or a premature pregnancy. Considering our current situation is unfavorable for a kiddo, I begrudgingly had to break down and find some jimmy hats

I went to Wally world initially, but the selection was like staring at tampons.. I didn't know what to look for or get. Finally it dawned on me that Amazon probably sells them, and has reviews for them also. I stumbled upon these and saw some favorable reviews, and figured I'd try them out before buying a bunch in bulk and hating them.

Condoms are definitely not as "fun" as going without, but we've used these for the past few weeks and have not had any accidents. They definitely aren't the same as going without, but they are immensely better than the condoms I remember using a decade ago. I imagine it's as close to the real deal as you'll get without increasing the risk for breakage by going even thinner. I'll recommend these if you are switching from not using to having to use them, I imagine going to a typical thicker condom would really be a bummer to the sex life.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5