Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for John R. Spencer > Reviews

Browse

John R. Spencer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John R. Spencer RSS Feed (Manheim, Pennsylvania United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Meinl Percussion MDR-E Drum Set Rug
Meinl Percussion MDR-E Drum Set Rug
Offered by World Musical Instruments
Price: $69.99
10 used & new from $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Product that Performs as it is Advertised, August 3, 2015
I must say that this rug does indeed do its job. I have a FD-8 hi-hat foot pedal, a KD-7 kick-drum (old stuff, I know). However, as stated earlier, the rug does its job --- these two items that moved -- now do not move.
I bought the rug only about 2 to 3 weeks ago. So, 'we' shall see about durability. I will not be taking the drums or the rug anywhere. However, if I was playing out, this rug (and the included bag would be valued accessories to be brought to the job.

Galaxy S5 Case, Spigen® [Tough Armor] Heavy Duty [Gunmetal] Dual Layer EXTREME Protection Cover Heavy Duty Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 (2014) - Gunmetal (SGP10762)
Offered by Spigen Inc
Price: $24.99
3 used & new from $16.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Really makes the phone sturdy (despite some 'reports' of the lack sturdiness of the ..., May 16, 2015
Bought the 'gun metal' case for a Galaxy S5. Also puchased the Power add Tempered Glass protector.
The case has contributed to the value of the phone. Really makes the phone sturdy (despite some 'reports' of the lack sturdiness of the S5.

While some bulk is added, the phone is not unwieldy to handle or put in my pocket.
let's face it--good protection of a cell phone will add some bulk.

Mediabridge ULTRA Series HDMI Cable (6 Feet) - High-Speed Supports 4K, Ethernet, 3D and Audio Return [Newest Standard] - (Part# 91-02X-06B )
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC
Price: $8.99
5 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cable is Doing Its Job, March 17, 2014
The cable came quickly and is doing its job. And the price was more than the right price.
I highly recommend Mediabridge cables.

How to Become a C# Programmer (How to Become a Programmer Book 1)
How to Become a C# Programmer (How to Become a Programmer Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Place to Start the Programming "Game", August 3, 2013
This book is a great place to start the programming game.

OK, there is no code. However, the author does clearly state that his intent is to show a 'system' that worked for him working to become a C# programmer.

It does seem that some things are 'obvious'--However, having the steps written to 'hard copy' gives the feel of one being able to sojourn from the start of programming (C# in this case) to becoming a 'journeyman' in dealing with C#...

I am at step 1. I do have a 'pet project'. I will attempt to 'execute' using the 'system' outlined in the book.

All-in-all, I do feel the author gives solid guideposts to anyone wishing to become a C# programmer. And really, the steps in the book can be applied to any language...

Miracle in the Woods
Miracle in the Woods
DVD ~ Meredith Baxter
Price: $9.74
56 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet Another Video that Merits Revisiting, July 29, 2013
This review is from: Miracle in the Woods (DVD)
Loved all of the actors' roles in the story upon original view on Lifetime...
The video let me know just how sentimental I am.

Sophia Myles / Chasing Secrets / Deep in My Heart /   (Triple Drama Feature )
Sophia Myles / Chasing Secrets / Deep in My Heart / (Triple Drama Feature )
DVD ~ *
Offered by MIDWEST OVERSTOCKS
Price: $5.90
11 used & new from $5.83

5.0 out of 5 stars This Purchase was a Sentimental Purchase, July 29, 2013
I have seen the videos (on LIfetime).. However, the stories are compelling enough to want to revisit from time to time.

I Can Hear You Calling (Single Version)
I Can Hear You Calling (Single Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Good Memory From the 70s, July 4, 2013
Was introduced to this song by a local band in Lancaster, PA (I believe Custer's Last Stand).
-->Thanks Tim Miller for your drumming!!

After hearing the band play this, I immediately went out and bought the 45rpm.
Of course, like many of us, the 'borrowed' 45 was 'lost' many years ago.

I nearly 'forgotten' about this gem.

Nobody (Single Version)
Nobody (Single Version)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the Melody and the 'Noise' of the Recording, July 4, 2013
As a nascent drummer at the time of the release of the song (back in the '70s), I did get to see this song performed live by the band at that time. I was quite impressed by Floyd Sneed's drumming. I realize that the song does have more than 'quite a bit' going on. But, for me, that was the 'beauty' of the song--the 'noise'....

Of course, I 'lost' the borrowed 45rpm record long ago. I had been looking for the original recording. And it seems that thanks to the Internet/Amazon/YouTube it is indeed very possible to 'recover' those 'borrowed' 45rpm records.

Cooler Master NotePal U3 - Laptop Cooling Pad with 3 Movable Fans
Cooler Master NotePal U3 - Laptop Cooling Pad with 3 Movable Fans
Offered by BinkieMelane
5 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as Expected -- Since January 2013, May 14, 2013
I have had this product since January 2013. To date the item has performed very well.
I have a 17" Dell Studio-1747 -- A machine that can get quite warm.
With the three fans running at full speed, the machine has remained quite cool.
I don't play games (that may show a difference).
But, I will run virtual machines (2) and the machine still stays quite cool.

For, now the cooler does perform as advertised.

Linksys Powerline AV Wireless Network Extender (PLWK400)
Linksys Powerline AV Wireless Network Extender (PLWK400)
Price: Click here to see our price
24 used & new from $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Does Work!, March 19, 2013
Installed the network March 15, 2013.

I did find that I had to read the instructions.
-->Perhaps, I did not wait long enough to have the "Extended network" establish itself.

There are now 5 bars of signal in the living room and beyond (the "beyond" area was a complete dead spot.

Admittedly, I did not set up 'Advanced Security' on the "Extended network" as of yet. "Coming soon"....

To date, very happy that no other wires had to be run or any other 'complicated' thing had to be performed.
-->We have just one breaker box for the house.
-->Everything is on one floor
-->The router and the PLE400 is located about 80 feet away from the PLW400 (on the floor [hidden]).

To date, no issues... The two Mac users in the house can now connect in their formerly 'dead spot' areas and get great speed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3